Stomach Convulsions Have woken me twice this week

healthytimes

I have known for awhile things havent been as they should as I wasnt feeling restricted long after a fill. I've had 3.5cc in total and can eat just about anything wait a second then continue with a meal.

My barium swallow shows that I know longer have any pouch and the band is sitting at the entrance to my stomach. My family doctor isnt available and the covering doctor said to wait till he gets back in a few weeks as its nothing life threating.

Well, whats scaring me is that twice this week I woke as my stomach was contracting/convulsing just like it would if you were vomiting but it wasnt affecting me to make me wretch. The night before last when it happened it went on for several seconds. I wondered whether i was just in a state of panic and had imagined it. Then last night it happened again it was for maybe 2 seconds but I felt the tightness of my stomach as it flexed itself.

I am quite calm about all of this and have mailed my results of the swallow to the clinic.....its just being waken by these stomach spasms (as you can see I dont know what to call them so am trying every descriptive word that covers it).

Does this happen normally when the band comes out of position. I'm thinking the band is leaking as I had restriction for the first days or so after a fill then nothing.

Can someone please please give me some insight into what might be going on.

Cheers

Julie

Julie,

I’m so sorry about this!

Call the OCC and let them know as quickly as you can. I don't believe the doc's read the forum too often, since it’s monitored by patients. (I could be wrong, but you don’t want to take chances and its the weekend).

I know that the covering doctor said to wait till you’re regular one gets back in a few weeks however, they don’t know the ways of the lap band like Dr. Ortiz does. I also realize you sent everything to the OCC– but call and get to one of the Doc’s to speak with you in person. Remember if its not too late they can just go in and replace your band to the correct position and not remove – that’s why we need to move quickly to get to them if there’s a problem.

Take care!

Lisa