ROLL CALL

HI EVERYONE,

I AM NEW TO THIS FORUM, BANDED ON 5/20/09 BY DR. ORTIZ. I AM ON DAY 17 OF LIQUIDS YIKES IT IS SO HARD BUT I AM DOING IT. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU ALL WHO RELIGIOUSLY POST. I AM INTERESTED IN GETTING TO KNOW EVERYONE BETTER. I AM GOING IN FOR MY FIRST FILL ON JULY 6TH. I NEED TO HEAR THAT THIS REALLY WORKS BECAUSE MY MORALE IS LOW. I WAS REALLY LOSING STRONG AND NOW I HAVE HIT A PATEAU. I REALLY WANT TO EAT SOLID FOOD BUT AM ALSO AFRAID ESPECIALLY AFTER READING THE POST ON WHAT PBING WAS.

LESLIE

HI EVERYONE,

I AM NEW TO THIS FORUM, BANDED ON 5/20/09 BY DR. ORTIZ. I AM ON DAY 17 OF LIQUIDS YIKES IT IS SO HARD BUT I AM DOING IT. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU ALL WHO RELIGIOUSLY POST. I AM INTERESTED IN GETTING TO KNOW EVERYONE BETTER. I AM GOING IN FOR MY FIRST FILL ON JULY 6TH. I NEED TO HEAR THAT THIS REALLY WORKS BECAUSE MY MORALE IS LOW. I WAS REALLY LOSING STRONG AND NOW I HAVE HIT A PATEAU. I REALLY WANT TO EAT SOLID FOOD BUT AM ALSO AFRAID ESPECIALLY AFTER READING THE POST ON WHAT PBING WAS.

LESLIE

Hi there how are you doing? I have lost 25 lbs so far, I am a bit worried about solids on wed, just in case it gets stuck. How much have you lost so far

Tracey

HI EVERYONE,

LESLIE

I have lost 68 pounds on this wonderful journey and Im still slowly losing.............not gaining at all...........I love my band and just wish I had done it sooner!

I’ve lost over 130 pounds. My life has completely changed. I can’t believe the things I use to “not do” because of my weight. There’s nothing I can’t do now, my health is better, I look better and feel better. Its amazing to wear normal clothes, I use to be a size 22 or 3X – I’m now a size 4 pants (some size 2) and 6 or 8 tops. I’m getting ready to go to a conference were I will be speaking, it’s a group of leaders in my profession and there are some really big names attending. There’s no way I’d go before – let along speak – and now I’m totally looking forward to it. (I was just upstairs trying to chose which bathing suit to bring, one piece or bikini…..) Both are cute!

Come on now girl, you can stick with it – just a little bit longer – your new you will feel so much betting than any little bit of food will (that I know after wards you will regret and hate it anyhow). And the food my cause a slip – so don’t do it – be strong and get ready for a new sexy you!!

The food will temporarily make you feel better, losing the weight is long term, butte' kicking feel good - do the right thing!

Best,

Lisa

Leslie,

Been banded since March 2008.

Lost a total of 45 pounds including 6 pre-op. (39 post-op)

Need to lose 20 to 30 more pounds.

Current plateau at 178 since March 2009. I do not need a fill, I just need to "fix" my still lousy eating habits by eating a healthier, lower fat diet and stop the evening snacking. These things take time! It would not hurt if I added more exercise. I only exercise about 3 times a week right now.

Lap band is not just about losing weight. It is about changing bad habits and about healing the mental and emotional pain that causes us to overeat.

Everyone has a different story. Some seem to be more successful than others. Personal motivation most likely accounts for their greater success.

I am happy with my lapband. I would still weigh 225 (or more) without it.

Dawn

Love the band and the new me, can't wait to meet the even newer and better me when i get to my goal. Was banded on March 2 2009 and am down 52#. Down any where from 3-4 sizes depending on the style.

Wish every one the best ><'

Hi there! You can read my stats in my signature so I won't retype them, but here is a bit of my experience...

I have lost over 50 lbs now and I feel great! Everyone is different, but once I went on solids I gained some back. However shortly after that my body got back on track and I started losing. I am getting my 5th fill tomorrow - I do OK with my hunger, but still feel like I can eat too much and can eat anything but bread. I'm hoping that one more small fill will do the trick.

This process takes time, so you need to find ways to motivate yourself. For me, I don't look at the big picture and make tiny mini goals for me to get me though. I also remind myself where I would be right now if I didn't have this done and it is not a pretty picture! :o So do what you need to do to keep in a positive frame of mind.

Good luck!

I was banded 3/21/08 and have lost 105lbs :) I am thankful EVERY SINGLE DAY for my lapband! It was not easy..... and the issues with food that made us fat don't go away just because you get banded.. (unfortunetely) BUT.... I've worked through a lot of mine and continue day by day. I am finally at a "normal" weight for the first time in my life and it feels wonderful.

Good luck, keep reading this forum for support. :)

I was banded 2/29/08. As of 4/30/09 I had lost 70 lbs. This was also the day I had a Tummy Tuck and Arm Lift which took another 8 lbs. off although the scales have only recognized 6.5 lbs. of it. However, I must admit that not exercising for the past five and a half weeks and allowing myself a little leeway has probably been the reason the other 1.5 lbs. have not been recognized. I was given permission at my appointment last week to start exercising again so I started yesterday morning and am expecting the weight to start coming off again. I have replaced pretty much everything in my wardrobe in the past month. At my largest I wore size 22 or 24 pants and 2X tops. I am now wearing size 12 pants (sometimes 10's), and the majority of my tops are a Medium.

One of the most important things you need to remember is that even though you will find many similarities with other individuals on this forum, you are not identical to any of us. Therefore, while it is definitely a good thing to seek advice and support here, it is really not a good thing to compare your weight loss success with others. Each one of us is different and the "Results Not Typical" phrase could easily be applied to each of us because what is typical for one person will not necessarily be typical for another one.

I am not a "typical" member of this forum in that I was not banded at the OCC, but I have found this forum to be one of the most active ones in operation. I was banded here in Kansas City at Weight Loss Surgical Center and had the benefit of free monthly visits to the clinic for the first year which almost always included a barium swallow to make sure everything was fine as well as a fill. I must say I don't envy anyone who has to decide on their own when it is time for a fill.

I had that yearly doctor's appointment today and he was very pleased with my progress and his nurse couldn't get over the changes that have occurred in my life in the past year. I have had nothing but support for both my lap band and plastic surgery from all of my doctor's as well as other people I have chosen to inform of my decisions.

If you are out of the 21 day liquid phase, you definitely need to start eating solids. Start with easy mushy foods and gradually work your way up to regular solids. If you don't get the proper amount of nutrition you will find yourself in nutritional trouble and that will not be fun.

Congratulations on your loss so far and I know you will continue to be a "loser".

(((((((((((((((LesLes)))))))))))))))))

I'm so sorry we didn't catch up at the Marriott. I was banded on Friday, May 22nd so I am a new bandster but my weight loss journey began on March 12, 2007 when I came inches from weighing 300 lbs.

My diet life has been a boomerang for over 16 years. I'll lose a bit of weight, gain it back 10 fold, lose a bit of weight, gain it back 10 fold etc.

My biggest regret is that I considered weight loss surgery in early 2000 and I didn't follow through.

xo

First of all Congrats on the beginning of the new YOU. That is the step that we have all taken to begin our new lives. Today is my 1 year bandaneversary as as of today I have lost 72lbs. I have had an ugly plateue since January when the doctor started giving me steriod shots in my back for the 2 herniated disk that I have in my lower back. I went all the way back up to 208 and I am finally down again to 192. I love my band. At my highest I have been at 280 so with out this band who know where I would have been today or even if I would be alive.

Hi!

I was banded by Dr. Ortiz exactly 5 months ago today on January 9th. I am not going to lie, it has been a really tough 5 months but as of this morning I am down 32.5 lbs. I was on a really tough plateau for about 2 1/2 months where I didn't loose anything but I have finally passed that and I am hoping that with my fill yesterday that I have finally hit my "sweet spot" and the scale will start moving faster. Keeping my fingers crossed! I am heading down to Vegas for an anniversary getaway with my husband in September and am hoping to loose at least 15 more lbs by then to be below 200 for the first time in 7 years!

I was banded in November. Including Pre-op and Post-op I have lost 75 lbs., but I have gained control of my life again. I still battle head-hunger on a daily basis. Up until my 4th fill, I really second guessed my decision to be banded. I could tell it helped some, but not as much as it should have. Now, after my 4th fill and I hit my "sweet spot", I love the band. It was like, I finally got how wonderful it is. I am starting to look at food differently. It is beginning to lose some of its attraction. Don't lose hope, stick with it. If you think you need a fill, get one.

My husband got his band April, 2009. He is kicking my butt on the amount of pounds lost. He is coming up on 100 lbs. lost including pre-op & post op.

It has made it easier on me having him join me in the journey.

If my band ever slips, I will get another one just as soon as Dr. Ortiz will allow it.

Good luck,

Kimberly