My band has slipped

I get this feeling sometimes. I think it may be heartburn. It is when my stomach is empty, I get a sense of not feeling well, my stomach feels kinda irratated. Is that what heartburn feels like? Should I be concerned? Maybe it is the coffee I drink in the morning causing it. But like tonight, I have not eaten since 12:00, it is now 7:15, I did have some peanut butter candies but I got busy at work and forgot to eat a snack and my stomach dont feel good. I just wonder if it is because I let my stomach get empty for a long period of time, should I be concerned? What kind of things should I munch on and what time of day should I do it? Do you think a 2:00 munchie may be something I should consider after having lunch? How did you know it was heartburn?

Hi Stormy - this doesn't sound to me like anything to worry about too much. Maybe just a bit of acid stomach. if it gets more troublesome maybe try some sort of antacid to see if it helps. Unfortunately heartburn does seem to be a common issue with bandsters. But at least there are lots of products out there to help - OTC and prescriptions. If it gets serious definitely talk to a doc.

About how often to eat, I'm sure there are as many opinions about that as folks posting on this forum, but I generally don't go longer than 4-5 hours without having a meal or snack. But that's just me, after a few hours my blood sugar gets low and I get cranky and irrational, and I'm more likely to make bad food choices if I'm too hungry than if I've had a snack to keep me in control. I always keep luna bars at work and in my purse. Although I'm trying to wean off sugar, so I think I'll switch to nuts or some other portable food.

Hope you feel better!

I did not get unfilled while I was pregnant. I didn't want to gain 60 lbs like I did previously. They said it wasn't necessary unless I was having a hard time eating and getting the nutrients I needed. I wish I had though. So the whole time I was prego, I laid propped up so I wouldn't throw up (stomach acids) in my sleep and then breathe it in. I've been doing liquid since Sunday and it seems to be better. I'm going to give it until next Sunday and then try solids again and if it's still happening I'll have to go get an unfill. I did go to the OCC and that's really the only place I feel comfortable going back to. Although, I've never been on a trip of any sort by myself so that's what makes me hesitant.

I did not get unfilled while I was pregnant. I didn't want to gain 60 lbs like I did previously. They said it wasn't necessary unless I was having a hard time eating and getting the nutrients I needed. I wish I had though. So the whole time I was prego, I laid propped up so I wouldn't throw up (stomach acids) in my sleep and then breathe it in. I've been doing liquid since Sunday and it seems to be better. I'm going to give it until next Sunday and then try solids again and if it's still happening I'll have to go get an unfill. I did go to the OCC and that's really the only place I feel comfortable going back to. Although, I've never been on a trip of any sort by myself so that's what makes me hesitant.

Wow - that sounds miserable to have had to sleep propped up through your whole pregnancy. I hope that it gets better after the liquids. If not, is there a fill center near you? Not sure how far you are from the OCC, but you could try posting to ask if anyone knows a good fill doctor in your area. There may be a good option out there.

I hope everything works out for you. Keep us posted.

Susan