What do you do - I am so hungry

shiney42

I was band May 20th. All I could say is I'm hungry! And I can eat every few hours. I gained back 2.5 pounds! I WAS DOWN TO 180, I'm creeping back to 183.... I get my first fill June 29th. And I'm starting to go out of my mind waiting!!!!

I eat small amounts but it doesn't last at all! It's like I can have 2 breakfasts & 2 lunches. I'm just hungry. I break up the day by running out to do errors, hoping it take my mind off of wanting to eat, And take a diet ice tea with me - I’m just not doing too good these few days

Hi Lena,

I was banded with you and Lisa. Other than being hungry, I hope you are well. Back to yesterday on one of the posts they talk about the 5 day plan. You might want to check it out. It looks like it has been helpful for others in this situation. I want to go to COSMED. I need to contact them and see how late into the day they are open. I would love to get some face time with them.

Maybe we could time a fill together in August?

Leslie

I'll be back @ Cosmed on the 29th. Then I need to save some cash plus lose a good amount of weight so I can do lipo & boobs But I don't see that coming till Sept, Oct.

Do you know the link of this 5 day diet?

I was band May 20th. All I could say is I'm hungry! And I can eat every few hours. I gained back 2.5 pounds! I WAS DOWN TO 180, I'm creeping back to 183.... I get my first fill June 29th. And I'm starting to go out of my mind waiting!!!!

I eat small amounts but it doesn't last at all! It's like I can have 2 breakfasts & 2 lunches. I'm just hungry. I break up the day by running out to do errors, hoping it take my mind off of wanting to eat, And take a diet ice tea with me - I’m just not doing too good these few days

HI LENA

I THINK IT IS VERY NORMAL TO FEEL THIS WAY, ONCE YOU HAVE A FILL IT WILL BE BETTER, MOST PEOPLE PUT ON A POUND OR TWO JUST BECAUSE YOUR BODY IS IN SHOCK.

I AM REALLY TRYING TO BE GOOD BUT IT DOESN'T ALWAYS WORK SOMEDAYS ARE WORSE THAN OTHERS. I HAVEN'T WEIGHED TILL MONDAY BUT I IMAGINE I TOO HAVE PUT ON.

AT LEAST YOU HAVE BOOKED YOUR FILL I STILL HAVE TO DO THAT, I REALLY WHAT TO GO BACK TO ORTIZ BUT IT MIGHT NOT BE TILL AUG

HOLD ON IN THERE YOU WILL BE FINE

TRACEY

Hi I just wanted to tell you a couple of things to try for the hunger, it REALLY helped me.

One think it to eat foods loaded with protein. I drink a protein shake every morning for breakfast 24 grams of protein. Then if I want to eat a snack, I eat a protien bar, nuts or chese. Also I take one Chromium everyday and I take 2 fiber pills at 9am and 2 fiber pills at 3pm.. Dr Mirdana told me bout the fiber and chromium for the hunger and Honestly it does work!

I am on day four of the 5 day pouch test and it has seem to get me back on track!

Good luck to you!

Carrie

Hi I just wanted to tell you a couple of things to try for the hunger, it REALLY helped me.

One think it to eat foods loaded with protein. I drink a protein shake every morning for breakfast 24 grams of protein. Then if I want to eat a snack, I eat a protien bar, nuts or chese. Also I take one Chromium everyday and I take 2 fiber pills at 9am and 2 fiber pills at 3pm.. Dr Mirdana told me bout the fiber and chromium for the hunger and Honestly it does work!

I am on day four of the 5 day pouch test and it has seem to get me back on track!

Good luck to you!

Carrie

WOW that's so funny cause this morning I drank a protein shake with 28grms took a Chromium pill too, And feel better then yesterday.... Did less eating... Still could do better but MUCH better then yesterday, It was so bad.... I was so hungry. But I think starting out the day with a higher amount of protein helped, I did e-mail OCC - But the weekend is here and they haven't gotten back to me,

thanks for responding

HI LENA

I THINK IT IS VERY NORMAL TO FEEL THIS WAY, ONCE YOU HAVE A FILL IT WILL BE BETTER, MOST PEOPLE PUT ON A POUND OR TWO JUST BECAUSE YOUR BODY IS IN SHOCK.

I AM REALLY TRYING TO BE GOOD BUT IT DOESN'T ALWAYS WORK SOMEDAYS ARE WORSE THAN OTHERS. I HAVEN'T WEIGHED TILL MONDAY BUT I IMAGINE I TOO HAVE PUT ON.

AT LEAST YOU HAVE BOOKED YOUR FILL I STILL HAVE TO DO THAT, I REALLY WHAT TO GO BACK TO ORTIZ BUT IT MIGHT NOT BE TILL AUG

HOLD ON IN THERE YOU WILL BE FINE

TRACEY

Hey Tra -

Glad to hear from you... I'm gonna start riding my bike in the morning... Just hope for some niced weather. It's been so crappy here. I really can't wait to get back to OCC I'm staying @ Lucerna this time since I'm by myself and have an appt. with Cosmed, But I booked a consult with another PS since I'm staying till the July 1st 10 pm and taking the red eye home, I wanted to stay a day after the fill JUST in Case- of something, rather be safe then sorry, plus I don't have to rush home for anything. I'm kinda liking my little get aways... LOL

I also have another consult with PS - they gave me a price of 7,000 for Tummy tuck, Liposuction and breast lift with augmentation surgery and lower blefaroplasty, plus 5 day after care... And that's including tranportation to & from SAN.......... Cosmed wants 1250 for the lower eyes & 2800 for the lift - NO after & no implants.... we shall see,

I just want to say, DON'T FEEL BAD....it will only make you want to eat more. I gained five pounds before my first fill (and was sure I was going to be another lap-band failure statistic) but since then I have had steady weight-loss. I'm not saying what I did was good, just normal. You're not alone.

I still have weeks where I don't lose (or even gain a bit) but by the end of every month (and despite my self-sabotaging ways) I still end up about ten pounds less at the end of every month! I still struggle with head hunger/junk food/ emotional eating/just plain not giving a damn some days but I don't dwell on it when I fall off the "band wagon". Just pick yourself up, shake yourself off, and start again.

If all else fails, get a fill! (and you'll be getting yours before you know it)

Sabrina:)

I just want to say, DON'T FEEL BAD....it will only make you want to eat more. I gained five pounds before my first fill (and was sure I was going to be another lap-band failure statistic) but since then I have had steady weight-loss. I'm not saying what I did was good, just normal. You're not alone.

I still have weeks where I don't lose (or even gain a bit) but by the end of every month (and despite my self-sabotaging ways) I still end up about ten pounds less at the end of every month! I still struggle with head hunger/junk food/ emotional eating/just plain not giving a damn some days but I don't dwell on it when I fall off the "band wagon". Just pick yourself up, shake yourself off, and start again.

If all else fails, get a fill! (and you'll be getting yours before you know it)

Sabrina:)

Thanks! I think starting off with a high protein shake is a lot better, I had half a sandwich on whole grain bread and a 1/4 of a protein bar so far today and feel full, I also have to drink more! Before being band, I drank while I ate, I'm not doing that now - but I want to drink so bad after.... I'm holding out but it's hard & It will take time to adjust. So I'm just not drinking enough through the day- I think that makes a differences too

Hey Tra -

Glad to hear from you... I'm gonna start riding my bike in the morning... Just hope for some niced weather. It's been so crappy here. I really can't wait to get back to OCC I'm staying @ Lucerna this time since I'm by myself and have an appt. with Cosmed, But I booked a consult with another PS since I'm staying till the July 1st 10 pm and taking the red eye home, I wanted to stay a day after the fill JUST in Case- of something, rather be safe then sorry, plus I don't have to rush home for anything. I'm kinda liking my little get aways... LOL

I also have another consult with PS - they gave me a price of 7,000 for Tummy tuck, Liposuction and breast lift with augmentation surgery and lower blefaroplasty, plus 5 day after care... And that's including tranportation to & from SAN.......... Cosmed wants 1250 for the lower eyes & 2800 for the lift - NO after & no implants.... we shall see,

WOW YOU HAD BETTER SEND PHOTO'S WITH ALL THE PROGRESS OR I WON'T RECOGNISE YOU. THAT IS A GOOD PRICE FOR ALL THAT, MY COUSIN KNOWS A GOOD PS IN TJ SO I WILL ASK HER HIS NAME AND MAYBE LOOK HIM UP TOO.

I ATE SOME TUNA THE OTHER DAY AND IT GOT STUCK (HOLY SHIT IT HURT) SO I DON,T WANT TO DO THAT AGAIN. I FIND IT REALLY HARD NOT DRINKING AT EATING

TRACEY

WOW YOU HAD BETTER SEND PHOTO'S WITH ALL THE PROGRESS OR I WON'T RECOGNISE YOU. THAT IS A GOOD PRICE FOR ALL THAT, MY COUSIN KNOWS A GOOD PS IN TJ SO I WILL ASK HER HIS NAME AND MAYBE LOOK HIM UP TOO.

I ATE SOME TUNA THE OTHER DAY AND IT GOT STUCK (HOLY SHIT IT HURT) SO I DON,T WANT TO DO THAT AGAIN. I FIND IT REALLY HARD NOT DRINKING AT EATING

TRACEY

Please get me the doctors name. I won't have all this work doen yet for months. I need to lose the weight... But Yeah I want the doctors name.

OMG! I just slimed but I couldn't wait for what was stuck to come up oir go down fast enough, Mine went down... But I was sore the day after, And I just hurt myslef..... I ate tuna too... tonight I had a pork chop, very small bits & it was thin, with peppers & onions, it worked fine!

WOW, MEE TOO! my surgery was on 5/19 and it is like this week I have had the constant munchies!

I have been trying to stay on tract with logging my calorie intake. It is sooo hard to get 64 oz of water a day. I have been averaging HALF! UGGGG I have read alot about the 5 day pouch test and I am going to do it!

CALLING ALL WHO ARE..... stuck on a plateau, not loosing weight, emotionally frusterated. US TOO! So on monday I am going to do a Surgical Weight Loss 5 Day Pouch Test. I am excited to see the different results we will see from so many people being in different stages of the lapband journey.

I am here to support others just as you are. Allright lets get started, monday will be day 1 of 5. Introduce your selves everyone who is jumping in......I will start.

my name is leah, I have 3 kids, hubby, and live in oregon.

my max weight is 275 #'s, surgery 5/19/09- 240 #'s, current 226#'s, goal- 150 #'s

My main modivator is to feel comfortable in my own skin, and to be able to keep up with the family hiking, biking ect. I just dispise it when they say "wait up for mom"

HERE WE GO! _________________

• 3 weeks later...

HELLO! This is my 1st post/reply to anyone. I was banded on 6/19/09 & have lost several pounds already! I feel for you because I think I understand your extra hungriness. I can honestly say at least half of that feeling is a mind thing and annoying to battle, isn't it? I am a fast healer and was told I can begin mushy foods on only the 6th day (instead of 10th) So here I am having tidbits of chkn salad that I grounded to a pulp and thinking maybe I can have more since it's all going down so wel... I am still very careful for fear of gagging, but I have found 2 things that helped me with the hungries! [u]Take a multi vitamin and don't sit home more than 2 hours! Centrum has a multi chewable vitamin. It really works and made a huge difference with me still being hungry an hour later. Also, unfortunately, we have to keep up with our protein intake, so don't put away the protein shakes. I am honestly counting the days until I am able to take a small bite from a pizza slice, but for now I can be (somewhat) happy sipping a protein shake as a snack.

I am also enjoying the other replies to your post and wish you the best of luck! B)