First solid foods since fill.

I had my first fill on Monday 6/8 stayed on liquids till Friday. It was scary eating solid food for me reading about food getting stuck, throwing it up etc..... (Had an "incident on Monday after the fill was drinking a smoothie and a chunk slipped through, was burping :bad: (PBing) it was so much like I had read about, it did pass...) so back to solid food.

Friday night , I ate some meatballs, wanted to follow the "protein first rule" It seemed OK then I just felt like I needed to stop, so I did. Then Saturday morning went out for Breakfast and had a bacon and cheese omelet and well done hashbrowns, didn't get too far and just felt like I needed to stop not sure if it was stuck or not???? Really wanted to drink some water but I didn't. Decided to take a another small bite but once again just felt weird so I stopped. Later in the day I ate a protein bar (zone w/almonds) chewed it really well and had no problems.Went to a Grad party for a friend. by now I am hungry . A friend who is also banded (she came with me when I was banded) was there so I had some coaching! Ate some meatballs, deviled eggs (protein first again) and then some chicken and broccoli casserole. Took a small plate for cake (Costco chocolate.....) and a little homemade Oreo cheese cake. Ate most of the cake, it was a very small piece and found I couldn't finish the cheese cake, another small silver. I was done! I felt full. Restriction? Hope so. Then I had to go to another party!!! :party: What I discovered when I left is that I didn't even eat any food. I stayed satisfied from the food at the first party. I am excited to think this band really might work for me.

Today is another day. This really is a learning process.

I printed a few copies of the 5 rules: (put it on nice colored stock paper, cut it fancy scissors (I am a scrapbooker), and put stickers on them (Bloom where your planted, flowers etc...)

Rule 1: Eat three times a day

Rule 2: Eat only solid foods

Rule 3: Chew thoroughly

Rule 4: Do not drink liquids with your meals

Rule 5: No high calorie liquids

and put them on my bathroom mirror, in my pantry (I rearranged the food so I have my own shelf), on the frig and on my dresser mirror.

Thank you all for the support, encouragement, and realistic expectations!

D.

(((((((((((((((Finally)))))))))))))))))

Congrats on your first fill. I feel better after seeing your post. I'm scared to get my first fill...so scared I'm thinking about postponing it further than I already have.

Of course I've only been on solid food for a few days and since I haven't had any problems I'm fearful of getting stuck and scared to death about PB'ing.

I'm so glad you're happy and this is working out well. I follow the same rules you are but I do carry trail mix in my purse in case my family makes a food stop or a meal is delayed.

Tomorrow we're off to Disneyland. I plan to focus on deli meats, string cheese, trail mix and crackers. I've been lucky with them so far.

Don't let the idea of PB'ing freak you out. It's not fun by any means, but it's not that terrible. The pain and discomfort is really when the food gets stuck. The PB'ing itself at least for me is a relief! Isn't nearly as bad in my opinion as vomiting.

Don't stick with liquids just because you are afraid. I was doing that after my 5th fill and I caught myself eating slider foods. I broke that today and am back on track with my solids. I do still take is easy at breakfast, but I know that is something that has to be done. But otherwise stay away from those slider foods! You will just get hungry later. Take your chances - restriction is a hit and miss thing and it is going to take you eating the wrong things to know what you can handle. Just make sure you are eating slowly and chewing well.

Good luck!

I had my first fill on Monday 6/8 stayed on liquids till Friday. It was scary eating solid food for me reading about food getting stuck, throwing it up etc..... (Had an "incident on Monday after the fill was drinking a smoothie and a chunk slipped through, was burping :bad: (PBing) it was so much like I had read about, it did pass...) so back to solid food.

Friday night , I ate some meatballs, wanted to follow the "protein first rule" It seemed OK then I just felt like I needed to stop, so I did. Then Saturday morning went out for Breakfast and had a bacon and cheese omelet and well done hashbrowns, didn't get too far and just felt like I needed to stop not sure if it was stuck or not???? Really wanted to drink some water but I didn't. Decided to take a another small bite but once again just felt weird so I stopped. Later in the day I ate a protein bar (zone w/almonds) chewed it really well and had no problems.Went to a Grad party for a friend. by now I am hungry . A friend who is also banded (she came with me when I was banded) was there so I had some coaching! Ate some meatballs, deviled eggs (protein first again) and then some chicken and broccoli casserole. Took a small plate for cake (Costco chocolate.....) and a little homemade Oreo cheese cake. Ate most of the cake, it was a very small piece and found I couldn't finish the cheese cake, another small silver. I was done! I felt full. Restriction? Hope so. Then I had to go to another party!!! :party: What I discovered when I left is that I didn't even eat any food. I stayed satisfied from the food at the first party. I am excited to think this band really might work for me.

Today is another day. This really is a learning process.

I printed a few copies of the 5 rules: (put it on nice colored stock paper, cut it fancy scissors (I am a scrapbooker), and put stickers on them (Bloom where your planted, flowers etc...)

Rule 1: Eat three times a day

Rule 2: Eat only solid foods

Rule 3: Chew thoroughly

Rule 4: Do not drink liquids with your meals

Rule 5: No high calorie liquids

and put them on my bathroom mirror, in my pantry (I rearranged the food so I have my own shelf), on the frig and on my dresser mirror.

Thank you all for the support, encouragement, and realistic expectations!

D.

Hey D! I wanted to see how you've been doing on solids. Been a few days....how do you feel? Any issues or has it been smooth sailing?

Angie

Angie,

Learning...how are you doing? When I went to those two parties last weekend I didn't dare touch some of the food items for fear they would get stuck (fear is good..) So I made choices based on what I have learned here and from my friend Pat. I can't eat to early in the morning to quote you "I got the ohh feeling in my chest" So I am learning. Had some shredded white meat chicken, got the "ohh feeling in my chest", then I tried it was some BBQ sauce and it was fine (chew chew chew). Today I had piece of an apple with skin, my complex carb for lunch " the ohh feeling in my chest" didn't chew it enough. (in a hurry-going to be a bad habit to break!)

Do you have any restriction at all? I do think I have restriction? Going back next Monday to have my band checked again.

D.

(my foot is acting up (getting a steroid shot :lb17: in it tomorrow ouch!) Still not able to walk etc for exercise, I am going to wait for three months per the OCC recommendation to start lifting weights again.) :bb:

Are you exercising? (besides running after your little one!) :to_become_senile: