Plastic Surgery

I am getting ready for my journey to have my tummy tuck and lipo done. And my question is to those who have had it done, did the doctor make you get unfilled before the surgery or was it a personal decission to have an unfill. And how long did they tell you it was ok to get youre fill back. Thanks for all youre help in advance.

I am getting ready for my journey to have my tummy tuck and lipo done. And my question is to those who have had it done, did the doctor make you get unfilled before the surgery or was it a personal decission to have an unfill. And how long did they tell you it was ok to get youre fill back. Thanks for all youre help in advance.

I had .5cc's removed from my band the day before surgery. Dr. Martinez thought with all the IV's being pumped into you during surgery he thought that you could swell internally and end up with to much restriction. Of course I gained weight afterwards with having no restriction, WHICH SUCKS!. He didn't recommend a time frame that I should stay unfilled, but it was 3 months before I could the .5cc's put back in. So I went through Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years with no resrtiction and I was an OINKER!

Thanks Dave, how much was in youre band before the .5cc was taken out. I'm at 3.1cc right now. And with now restriction so I was hoping that they wouldnt take any out. but if it has to be I will do it.

Thanks Dave, how much was in youre band before the .5cc was taken out. I'm at 3.1cc right now. And with now restriction so I was hoping that they wouldnt take any out. but if it has to be I will do it.

I had 2.3cc's in my 4cc band, I had lots of restriction, almost too tight. When I had my band refilled, I opted to only have half of the .5cc's put back in. I have good restriction now. I was never one to take much of a fill to have restriction. From the get go I had restriction, even when there wasn't any saline in my band. I think I was borderline when Dr. Ortiz place my band, maybe I should have had the 10cc band instead of the 4cc band, but it worked out. At the beginning, after I lost some weight and lost my restriction, I remember my first fill was only .4cc's. I've personally never had a fill over .5cc's at one time. I'm thinking of coming down to TJ when Cosmed opens their new clinic,, just to hang out and have some fun. They're all pretty good people down there. I'll have Dr. Martinez at the OCC check my band and decide if I should bump my band back up to the fill I had when I was down there for my LBL. We'll see.

Thanks Dave this helps me out a lot. I will give the OCC a call and schedule an unfill for my surgery. When will the clinic open for Cosmed do you know. Maybe I will get to meet you. I will be down there from June 21st till July 2nd. Will be staying at City Express hotel. They say its new and nice.

Thanks Dave this helps me out a lot. I will give the OCC a call and schedule an unfill for my surgery. When will the clinic open for Cosmed do you know. Maybe I will get to meet you. I will be down there from June 21st till July 2nd. Will be staying at City Express hotel. They say its new and nice.

I think its still at least a couple months out. With the world economy and local labor problems in TJ,, the opening has been delayed several times. If I was a betting man,, I'd say maybe late fall before the new Cosmed Clinic will be in operation. I've heard its real nice and they're going to have their own recovery floor.

NO UNFILL HERE FOR EITHER OF MY SURGERIES

Hey Denise,

I didn't have great restriction before my surgeries. I actually asked to get a fill BEFORE my surgeries because I knew I'd be sitting on my butt at home bored = eating. They said NO! If you have tight restriction I might get an unfill a little at least. I had a couple days where I felt naseaus and it was awful. You don't want to irritate the band if you get sick from the meds. Good luck!!!!

Karen

Hey Denise,

I didn't have great restriction before my surgeries. I actually asked to get a fill BEFORE my surgeries because I knew I'd be sitting on my butt at home bored = eating. They said NO! If you have tight restriction I might get an unfill a little at least. I had a couple days where I felt naseaus and it was awful. You don't want to irritate the band if you get sick from the meds. Good luck!!!!

Karen

Thanks Karen, I have restriction but only in the mornings after about 1 pm I lose it. I scheduled an unfill with Dr. So for the next monday I will see what he tell me. Maybe I can go with out one. But I dont want to be sick or naseaus because I hate trowing up.

I did not have an unfill prior to my surgery - it wasn't even a topic of discussion with my surgeon. I had had my last fill 2 months prior to my TT and still had/have very good restriction. My doctor did everything by IV while I was in the hospital, much to the nurses surprise when I got Benedryl at 2 am, but I had made my potential issues with pill sizes very clear to my doctor from the beginning. I am not sure if he wrote the prescription for my antibiotic appropriatly because of this or if it just worked out this way, but my 13 day antibiotic at 3 pills a day was in a capsule form. I probably could have swallowed it, but not wanting to chance it I broke the capsule open and put it in yogurt, pudding, applesauce, oatmeal - whatever was available. My dad okayed this with the pharmacist prior to accepting the prescription - Yeah Daddy! I had no problem with swelling around the band area or restriction after the surgery. My swelling tended to go down my body which was very apparent at times. :o With the band being up between your breasts I don't see how swelling could be that much of an issue, but then again I am not a doctor. I would suggest discussing it with your surgeon before getting an unfill that you might regret later.

I did not have an unfill prior to my surgery - it wasn't even a topic of discussion with my surgeon. I had had my last fill 2 months prior to my TT and still had/have very good restriction. My doctor did everything by IV while I was in the hospital, much to the nurses surprise when I got Benedryl at 2 am, but I had made my potential issues with pill sizes very clear to my doctor from the beginning. I am not sure if he wrote the prescription for my antibiotic appropriatly because of this or if it just worked out this way, but my 13 day antibiotic at 3 pills a day was in a capsule form. I probably could have swallowed it, but not wanting to chance it I broke the capsule open and put it in yogurt, pudding, applesauce, oatmeal - whatever was available. My dad okayed this with the pharmacist prior to accepting the prescription - Yeah Daddy! I had no problem with swelling around the band area or restriction after the surgery. My swelling tended to go down my body which was very apparent at times. :o With the band being up between your breasts I don't see how swelling could be that much of an issue, but then again I am not a doctor. I would suggest discussing it with your surgeon before getting an unfill that you might regret later.

Thanks for youre help. I talked to my plastic surgen today and he said its not a must only if I think I need one. I dont so I wont. Since I havent been loosing any weight I believe im at the right place. How have you been feeling now that the swelling is going down. I hope its all going well for you.

Thanks for youre help. I talked to my plastic surgen today and he said its not a must only if I think I need one. I dont so I wont. Since I havent been loosing any weight I believe im at the right place. How have you been feeling now that the swelling is going down. I hope its all going well for you.

I am feeling pretty good. Based on what he said at my last visit, as long as things look good I won't have to wear the binder after my appointment on Wednesday - YIPPEE!!! It is starting to get hot and two to three layers is not fun. I just need my hands to stop hurting and then I will feel great. I think the hand issue is still from what little bit of swelling I have left in my arms, but I am going to ask him on Wed. to make sure. Thanks for asking and I am excited to hear how your surgery goes and excited for you to take this next step in your journey to a new you!

Thanks Pammie. May I ask why you had 2 surgeries. And how much you had in youre band at the time of surgery.

4 CC BAND

TT I HAD 2.4 IN MAY OF 07

IMPLANTS AND DOG EAR FIXED FROM TT I HAD 2.0 IN JUNE OF 08

THIS SUMMER BOOB LIFT, LIPO ON BRA FAT, AND POSSIBLY ARMS DONE AND I DON'T PLAN ON ANY UNFILLS.