Surgery June 24

I am having such a hard time with wrapping my mind around the changes I will face with this surgery and the diet is the hardest part right now. I hate protein drinks, they are so icky and obviously I love my food. In my mind I get it, I get that I need to do it, it is what I have always wanted yet, this little devil sitting on my shoulder tells me I should just eat something! Did everyone go through this and if so, what did you do to keep yourself motivated and on track. Also any suggestions on meal replacement shakes (in Canada).

I am not only struggling with the food, the thought of not being able to guzzle a big glass of water....I love that! I am sure it will all be easier once the surgery is done because while I was in the hospital with my c-section I had no problem sticking to the diet.

THanks for listening.

I am having such a hard time with wrapping my mind around the changes I will face with this surgery and the diet is the hardest part right now. I hate protein drinks, they are so icky and obviously I love my food. In my mind I get it, I get that I need to do it, it is what I have always wanted yet, this little devil sitting on my shoulder tells me I should just eat something! Did everyone go through this and if so, what did you do to keep yourself motivated and on track. Also any suggestions on meal replacement shakes (in Canada).

I am not only struggling with the food, the thought of not being able to guzzle a big glass of water....I love that! I am sure it will all be easier once the surgery is done because while I was in the hospital with my c-section I had no problem sticking to the diet.

THanks for listening.

YOU'LL DO FINE :)

I AGREE THOUGH, ALL THOSE DRINKS SUCK BUT AFTER THE BEING ON THE LIQUID DIET, THEY'LL NEVER HAVE TO DRINK THEM AGAIN IF YA DON'T WANT TOO.

YOU'LL STILL BE EATING FOODS YOU ENJOY AFTER SURGERY, JUST IN MODERATION

THanks for listening.

Where are you in Canada? I'm in BC (lower mainland). So from my experience, the 3 weeks post op was tough. YOP and other yogurt drinks help. If protein drinks are too much for you try slim fast, it's higher on sugar but I find the taste more appealing. For true protein drinks you can try the Nectar brand which is like a fruit drink or Muscle Milk which has a ton of flavours. Popeye's suplements sell them both but I don't know if they have locations elsewhere in Canada, they also have samples sometimes which helps in case you don't like a particular flavour.

Chugging water is also tough, but you might find that after you heal a bit and before your second or third fill you might still be able to drink fast. The change is pretty gradual though with the fills so you learn to adapt. I think that is one of the reasons to have gradual fills is to let you get used to how it feels and adjust your habits accordingly. Just remember that it is an individual thing. What is true for one person may be completely different for another so you have to learn to listen to what your body tells you.

PS, if you have had a C-section this surgery is a cake walk in comparison ;o)

Good luck

Louise

THanks for listening.

Everyone is different And I'm NOT a good example - But in hopes to make you feel a bit better I'll share- I'm a lover of Coke Gosh I even Love Vanilla Coke and a guzzler. I haven't had soda & won't either. BUT it has taken me Thus far to accept Not being able to drink while eating. What I was doing( AND I'm not saying to do it) But I was taking an ice cube and chomping on it after a meal... But now I've passed that point... So what I'm trying to say is Don't be so hard on your self And little by little you make adjustments, It's a learning experience and it will all fall into place

PS

I have NO problem eating anything However I don’t want to hurt myself either, I can’t wait for June 29th

I go for my first fill -

THanks for listening.

I am having my surgery on the same day...

I am on day 2 of the pre-op diet of all-you-can-eat green vegetables (its already boring and gross) and protein shakes. It sucks!!! Luckily my parents are doing it with me and have devised a competition to see who can lose the most percentage of their starting body weight.

But, I still have vivid thoughts of chips and salsa and cheese. This is torture!!!

After my pre-op tests are done, I plan on eating everything in sight!!

I feel ya Canadamama!!

amanda

I am having my surgery on the same day...

I am on day 2 of the pre-op diet of all-you-can-eat green vegetables (its already boring and gross) and protein shakes. It sucks!!! Luckily my parents are doing it with me and have devised a competition to see who can lose the most percentage of their starting body weight.

But, I still have vivid thoughts of chips and salsa and cheese. This is torture!!!

After my pre-op tests are done, I plan on eating everything in sight!!

I feel ya Canadamama!!

amanda

\

Yeah it is tough isnt it...I just feel like I totally get why I am the weight that I am...lol. What do you mean about eating everything in sight after your pre-op tests are done? When are you having the pre-op test done?

So you and your parents are doing it with you...that is great. I have a hubby who loves his food and has no big problems with weight and two children 1 and 2 who are just experiencing foods so it is kinda tough. thanks for the comments and good luck with your journey.

Canadamama

YOU'LL DO FINE :)

I AGREE THOUGH, ALL THOSE DRINKS SUCK BUT AFTER THE BEING ON THE LIQUID DIET, THEY'LL NEVER HAVE TO DRINK THEM AGAIN IF YA DON'T WANT TOO.

YOU'LL STILL BE EATING FOODS YOU ENJOY AFTER SURGERY, JUST IN MODERATION

Thanks, I guess it is just really nice to hear that I am not alone. Just got to make it through this week!