What soup to eat on the 10th day

lea32

Hi Lea. Congrats on your band surgery again. I was banded at OCC and the post op diet may be different than the one you are on. The first 7 days, you were on 'clear liquids' and on Day 4 you could have drinkable yogurt. Start the 8th day, you are on the 'creamy soup' stage which is exactly that. You do not blend food either. A rule of thumb on this stage is, if you can't drink the soup through a straw, you can not have it. No lumps, bumps, or chuncks is allowed at this stage. Check out the Recipe section for the Healthy Creamy Soups to try.

Here's another recipe with lots of proteins that is good from a real good friend of mine suggested:

~ 1 can Campbell's Cream of Potato soup

~ 1/2 can of Campbell's Cheddar Cheese

~ 1 full can of milk of your choice

~ season to taste, which I use garlic and onion powder

Put all in one pot; stir and heat until ready to eat. (NOTE: When you start your solid foods, I add real bacon bits for extra proteins)

I've also like tomato soup and add either tobasco sauce or Frank's Hot Sauce for a kick. Another way, to add other spices such as rosemary, fine herbs, garlic, onion, etc. Basically you are 'doctoring' up a bland soup to your liking.

Enjoy! Jazzy!!

Lea,

I like to stay with "less ingredients are better" I found a good selection of creamed soups in the "Organic" (used to be health food section) of the grocery store. Don't have any Whole Foods etc in my area! Found the carton soups worked well for me. I can pour out what I want.

I followed the instructions from the OCC 21 day "calendar"

I am going back to liquids for 2 days because I had a stuck food episode aka PBing! :bad:

D.

(I sent you a PM)