Post PBing? Liquids?

Advice. I had a my first serious episode of stuck food (pretty sure it was chicken!) It felt awful. I had PBing and it was very painful. Walked around resisted the urge to drink something, finally it passed. (seemed like forever!)

The surg center where I got my fill gave me a handout and it says "After an episode; always go back to a full liquid diet for two days. This allows the swelling to go down before solid food is resumed."

I don't remember being told this at OCC? Do you do this?

D.

Advice. I had a my first serious episode of stuck food (pretty sure it was chicken!) It felt awful. I had PBing and it was very painful. Walked around resisted the urge to drink something, finally it passed. (seemed like forever!)

The surg center where I got my fill gave me a handout and it says "After an episode; always go back to a full liquid diet for two days. This allows the swelling to go down before solid food is resumed."

D.

YES

The doctor I see for fills said either liquids or at least really mushy soft stuff for a couple of days. Had me a really bad episode last night so i'm on soft stuff and liquids. Give it time to heal - especially if it is a bad episode.

When you said "we would end up in the situation that you were in" what were you saying about the situation? I have had quite a time of PB'ing for the last several weeks and I haven't even had a fill since April.

When you said "we would end up in the situation that you were in" what were you saying about the situation? I have had quite a time of PB'ing for the last several weeks and I haven't even had a fill since April.

The whole long story is under the topic I started last week under "Loosening fill + heartburn".

D.

Waaaaay better to be safe than sorry. I go with the liquids.

Waaaaay better to be safe than sorry. I go with the liquids.

drinking a protein drink as I type this! so glad I read the "heartburn" thread! and the handout!!!

liquids for me for 2 days. :to_take_umbrage:

D.