Horrible left shoulder pain

I can barely stand it!

I'm now just over 3 months post op, and it's getting worse.

The pain in my left shoulder is horrible ... I've been taking OTC muscle relaxants, and it does work (i think), but it also puts me to sleep.

I've read that this is fairly common .. i just want to know WHY, and will it ever go away?

And how can I control this horrible pain.

HEEEEEEEELP

Hi Lindsay, Sorry to hear about your pain, I wish I could tell you it completly goes away, but mine hasn't.

I was banded over a year ago, and I still get the pain in the left shoulder. I have not figured out what triggers it yet.

The pain isn't everyday but does flair up now and then. I have just got used to it.

I wish I could tell you why.

Take care.

I am 7 months post op and I still get them as well. The only time that I get them is mostly when I am hungry, for some reason this is my trigger (mostly at dinner) when I am getting really hungry. I have learnt that If I eat before 6:30, then I dont get them. I also get them if I drink liquids too fast.

Good Luck!

Carrie

Lindsay, I have been banded since september and still get shoulder pains. Mine were like yours at 3 mo post op. I am so sorry. I was always asking my son or husband to pound on my back. Mine seems to flare up now when I am too hungry or too full. It does get better. Of course, I gladly welcomed the pain as I saw the scale go down down down....... Broken record I know, but lying down on a heating pad still helps as well as warm liquids. Same as you prob did for post op. hope it gets better soon!

Lindsay, I have been banded since september and still get shoulder pains. Mine were like yours at 3 mo post op. I am so sorry. I was always asking my son or husband to pound on my back. Mine seems to flare up now when I am too hungry or too full. It does get better. Of course, I gladly welcomed the pain as I saw the scale go down down down....... Broken record I know, but lying down on a heating pad still helps as well as warm liquids. Same as you prob did for post op. hope it gets better soon!

That's awesome!

That's EXACTLY what my SO caught me doing -- pounding on my shoulder to ease the pain!! LOL!

I"m going to give heat a try - heck, can't do it any worse! :)

I can barely stand it!

I'm now just over 3 months post op, and it's getting worse.

The pain in my left shoulder is horrible ... I've been taking OTC muscle relaxants, and it does work (i think), but it also puts me to sleep.

I've read that this is fairly common .. i just want to know WHY, and will it ever go away?

And how can I control this horrible pain.

HEEEEEEEELP

(((((((((((((((Lindsay))))))))))))))))

I'm so sorry to hear that. Is the shoulder pain gas? I don't recall, did you just have a fill? I'm wondering if because of the fill you're tight like we were after surgery.

xo

That's awesome!

That's EXACTLY what my SO caught me doing -- pounding on my shoulder to ease the pain!! LOL!

I"m going to give heat a try - heck, can't do it any worse! :)

I take a shooter of Mylanta...it seems to help...I do not know why either. Just had it happen on Saturday, it is hard to breath when it happens.

3 Months post-op and I still get shoulder pain. Mostly it is if I eat something really cold which is weird but I have heard it is common so i don't worry too much about it, definitely a pain in the rear when it happens though!

It's nerve irritation or damage (phrenic nerve) Happens when they are putting the band on the stomach. I'm seven months post op and I only just now go days where I dont' ahve shoulder pain. Months 2-4 were horrible. but now its much better. Small price to pay :)

It's nerve irritation or damage (phrenic nerve) Happens when they are putting the band on the stomach. I'm seven months post op and I only just now go days where I dont' ahve shoulder pain. Months 2-4 were horrible. but now its much better. Small price to pay :)

thank you for this!

i'm waiting for the day I don't feel it flare up!

:)

xo