One Month Post Op

(((((((((((((((((((Hugs Everyone)))))))))))))))))))

It's one month post op for me. Wow...I can't believe it's been a month. I'll be honest, up until a few days ago, I felt miserable. So miserable I allowed myself to completely forget why I took this journey in the first place. More often than not I was in a serious state of regret.

Then again...I'm probably a big baby.

:)

I was so dizzy I couldn't stand for any length of time, not even long enough to do dishes. I really couldn't do anything. Thank god my husband and family was supportive. I don't have a regular job right now...it's a good thing, because I seriously couldn't function.

I ended up catching the flu (which allowed me to explain away the dizzyness) and because we had pre paid for a family vacation in Disneyland we went even though I really wasn't up to it.

My first day at the park (last Thursday) I was so miserable I couldn't even stand in a line for any ride (and I did try). I was just at the end of my rope. I emailed Dr. Miranda and told her my symptoms and she emailed me back (and copied Dr. Ortiz) and said my symptoms were similar with low blood pressure and to contact my general doctor locally.

Ding Ding Ding...talk about a light bulb going off over my head.

So here's the gist. Several years ago when I weighed 294 I was diagnosed with high blood pressure. I was prescribed not one but two different meds (both durietics). Now the other symptoms that were similar to that of low blood pressure are that of chronic dehydration (that's what my friends thought) so here I am, 400 miles away from my doctor and miserable. I decided to not take my blood pressure meds (because of the durietic too) for a day to see if that helped at all and remarkably enough...it did.

So now I feel great. I will see my doctor in the next couple days. I'm not saying my high blood pressure has been completely cured...I'm sure I need to take a smaller dose or just take one of the two meds but either way, I do need to see my doctor to get a good handle on what my blood pressure is today a few days off the meds and re-evaluate what I need.

I can't believe it but I'm so happy. My ankles are not swollen at all which normally happens when I miss a day of my meds.

The thing I haven't done though is get on the scale though. I don't want to lose my motivation to follow the rules of this program especially now that I've really seen the value of the band...and here's the biggest thing...

I am so happy I got banded!

So very happy.

I am still scared about the first fill though.

;)

So glad you were able to get it figured out! As you described how you are feeling that totally makes sense. Hope you get to feeling better and what a great NSV to get taken completely off the meds or close to it only one month out!

(((((((((((((((((((Hugs Everyone)))))))))))))))))))

It's one month post op for me. Wow...I can't believe it's been a month. I'll be honest, up until a few days ago, I felt miserable. So miserable I allowed myself to completely forget why I took this journey in the first place. More often than not I was in a serious state of regret.

Then again...I'm probably a big baby.

:)

I was so dizzy I couldn't stand for any length of time, not even long enough to do dishes. I really couldn't do anything. Thank god my husband and family was supportive. I don't have a regular job right now...it's a good thing, because I seriously couldn't function.

I ended up catching the flu (which allowed me to explain away the dizzyness) and because we had pre paid for a family vacation in Disneyland we went even though I really wasn't up to it.

My first day at the park (last Thursday) I was so miserable I couldn't even stand in a line for any ride (and I did try). I was just at the end of my rope. I emailed Dr. Miranda and told her my symptoms and she emailed me back (and copied Dr. Ortiz) and said my symptoms were similar with low blood pressure and to contact my general doctor locally.

Ding Ding Ding...talk about a light bulb going off over my hea

So here's the gist. Several years ago when I weighed 294 I was diagnosed with high blood pressure. I was prescribed not one but two different meds (both durietics). Now the other symptoms that were similar to that of low blood pressure are that of chronic dehydration (that's what my friends thought) so here I am, 400 miles away from my doctor and miserable. I decided to not take my blood pressure meds (because of the durietic too) for a day to see if that helped at all and remarkably enough...it did.

So now I feel great. I will see my doctor in the next couple days. I'm not saying my high blood pressure has been completely cured...I'm sure I need to take a smaller dose or just take one of the two meds but either way, I do need to see my doctor to get a good handle on what my blood pressure is today a few days off the meds and re-evaluate what I need.

I can't believe it but I'm so happy. My ankles are not swollen at all which normally happens when I miss a day of my meds.

The thing I haven't done though is get on the scale though. I don't want to lose my motivation to follow the rules of this program especially now that I've really seen the value of the band...and here's the biggest thing...

I am so happy I got banded!

So very happy.

I am still scared about the first fill though.

;)

HI ROBBYN

GLAD TO HEAR YOU ARE DOING WELL , NOW YOU HAVE SORTED OUT YOUR MEDS.

I CAN'T BELIEVE EITHER THAT IT HAS BEEN A MONTH SINCE WE WERE ALL DOWN IN MEXICO.

I WEIGHED MYSELF TODAY AS MONDAY IS MY WEIGH IN DAY, I LOST THE 3LBS I PUT ON AFTER THE LIQUID DIET SO I AM HAPPY. I MEASURED MYSELF TOO AND HAVE LOST 3 INS FROM EACH AREA SO THAT MAKES ME FEEL EVEN BETTER.

I WILL BE HAPPY WHEN I GET A FILL (SCARED TOO) AS AT THE MOMENT IT IS JUST ME SAYING NO TO FOOD WHICH IS HARDER SOME DAYS MORE THAN OTHERS.

MY DAUGHTER HAD A BIRTHDAY PARTY ON SATURDAY AND MY FRIEND POSTED PICS ON FACEBOOK OF ME SO I CAN SEE I STILL HAVE A WAY TO GO

TAKE CARE

TRACEY

Robbyn!

Glad to hear from you and WOW how time flies. I am glad that everything seems to be picking up for you, that is such wonderful news! Keep your head high and hang in there, you will do great! As far as the fill, please dont be scared. I was too and then after I got it, I was like hmmmmm is that all!....lol My birthcontrol shots that I use to get was worse!...

Best wishes to you!

Cant wait to hear how it goes!

Carrie

HI ROBBYN

GLAD TO HEAR YOU ARE DOING WELL , NOW YOU HAVE SORTED OUT YOUR MEDS.

I CAN'T BELIEVE EITHER THAT IT HAS BEEN A MONTH SINCE WE WERE ALL DOWN IN MEXICO.

I WEIGHED MYSELF TODAY AS MONDAY IS MY WEIGH IN DAY, I LOST THE 3LBS I PUT ON AFTER THE LIQUID DIET SO I AM HAPPY. I MEASURED MYSELF TOO AND HAVE LOST 3 INS FROM EACH AREA SO THAT MAKES ME FEEL EVEN BETTER.

I WILL BE HAPPY WHEN I GET A FILL (SCARED TOO) AS AT THE MOMENT IT IS JUST ME SAYING NO TO FOOD WHICH IS HARDER SOME DAYS MORE THAN OTHERS.

MY DAUGHTER HAD A BIRTHDAY PARTY ON SATURDAY AND MY FRIEND POSTED PICS ON FACEBOOK OF ME SO I CAN SEE I STILL HAVE A WAY TO GO

TAKE CARE

TRACEY

(((((((((((((((((((((Tracey)))))))))))))))))))))

Hugs! I'm so happy to hear from you. Add me as a friend on facebook (link is in my signature) if you haven't already so I can see the pictures. I'm sure you look amazing. I wish I would have taken pictures of you and Lena in the hotel. I'm also glad you lost the water weight you gained the few days after transitioning to solids. I think most of us have that happen. I think the small gain has to do with the transition from weeks of virtually zero calories to solids. I knew you'd lose it quickly but seeing the scale spike up can be a downer.

Please keep in touch!

xo

So glad you were able to get it figured out! As you described how you are feeling that totally makes sense. Hope you get to feeling better and what a great NSV to get taken completely off the meds or close to it only one month out!

(((((((((((((((((Shelby)))))))))))))))))

OMG you skinny thing. I love love love the new avitar photo. You are so glam. I can't even begin to explain how utterly sobering it is (for lack of a better term) to be able to reduce my morning medication ritual. From a 20,000 foot level, after losing 80 lbs total, it makes sense but since I've been on this journey for 2.5 years, it's hard to remember that when the weight came off slow it was hard to really see the changes that my body was making. Althought at this time last year I was lighter (then I ballooned up and thus decided to get the band) the weight did fall back off very quickly over this past month so it helps me understand a little more why...plus to be honest, I may have weighed 212 this time last year (a little lower than I am now...but not much) but I wasn't eating high quality foods. I rarely cooked at home and so on.

Now I cook at home much of the time and because of that, plus the band rules of protein first, I'm making far better food choices. 1200 calories is 1200 calories but I was the master of filling a 1200 calorie day with 12 100 calorie snacks before I got banded.

;)

Robbyn!

Glad to hear from you and WOW how time flies. I am glad that everything seems to be picking up for you, that is such wonderful news! Keep your head high and hang in there, you will do great! As far as the fill, please dont be scared. I was too and then after I got it, I was like hmmmmm is that all!....lol My birthcontrol shots that I use to get was worse!...

Best wishes to you!

Cant wait to hear how it goes!

Carrie

(((((((((((((((((((((Carrie)))))))))))))))))))))))

Hugs to you. I have to give you credit for me having the strength to put away my scale. I think about your "living my life" post and it just made so much sense to me. It was like you were talking to me.

Thank you for being so supportive. Now that I feel better my appetite has come back so I am getting to the point where I can "see" myself being ready for a fill. I scheduled an appointment with Dana's doctor in Dallas the first week of August. It feels so good to finally feel like myself and I'm so proud of myself for following through and getting the lapband. There are so many things that happened that would have made it so easy to have opted not to have the surgery (which I did try to cancel about a week before the big day because I was scared). Thank god for you and everyone else who has just been so supportive of me and everyone elses journey.