When to start lifting weights and crunches

Question/Advice,

:-?

Wed will be two months post-op, I am unable to walk etc for exercise because I had foot surgery and was told by my Doc "not yet" (I do walk around w/my job that is why he said to wait, and to stop using the stairs and take the elevator!) so do you think it is ok to lift weights (dumb bells) etc? I have a 10cc Realize band that was attached with hooks. Anyone else have this band? I am so paranoid that I will rip it off my muscle.

I am going crazy not doing any "real" exercise! What do you think? (I hate swimming yuk!)

D.

Question/Advice,

:-?

Wed will be two months post-op, I am unable to walk etc for exercise because I had foot surgery and was told by my Doc "not yet" (I do walk around w/my job that is why he said to wait, and to stop using the stairs and take the elevator!) so do you think it is ok to lift weights (dumb bells) etc? I have a 10cc Realize band that was attached with hooks. Anyone else have this band? I am so paranoid that I will rip it off my muscle.

I am going crazy not doing any "real" exercise! What do you think? (I hate swimming yuk!)

D.

I was told by my regular Dr and Fill Dr to wait until 3 months to start on crunches, but aside from that I started going to the gym after about 2 months. I like the elliptical trainer but that wouldn't be good for you. Have you thought of the recumbent bikes? since you are seated there is very little pressure on your feet. Check with your Dr. The weights are a very good idea though.

Cheers

Louise