Port soreness

KimQ

Hello - I had the surgery on 6/15. On the morning of 6/17 Dr. Martinez had to access my port to empty the saline because I was having severe nausea.

I'm just curious how long it takes for the port area to stop being sore. I know it has only been a week but it is bothersome in caring for my one-year-old daughter. Can anyone give me an idea of when I can expect to be able to bend at the waist without discomfort?

Otherwise doing great and grateful to the OCC!! I've lost 23 pounds as of yesterday (including pre-op diet).

Kim Q.

Oh boy! Well at least I know what to expect. I just have to modify the way I take care of my kid, e.g. sitting on the floor next to the tub instead of a stool so I don't have to bend over.

And thanks! I'm pretty proud of the weight loss so far. :D

Hello - I had the surgery on 6/15. On the morning of 6/17 Dr. Martinez had to access my port to empty the saline because I was having severe nausea.

I'm just curious how long it takes for the port area to stop being sore. I know it has only been a week but it is bothersome in caring for my one-year-old daughter. Can anyone give me an idea of when I can expect to be able to bend at the waist without discomfort?

Otherwise doing great and grateful to the OCC!! I've lost 23 pounds as of yesterday (including pre-op diet).

Kim Q.

Thanks! The port is feeling better already but now I've got the infamous "left rib stitch." I've been reading a lot on discussion boards about it and nobody seems to know what causes it. Sounds like it might last a while so I'd better get used to it.

Small price to pay for my health and being a good role model for my darling daughter!! <_<