Vitamin B12 shots-LOST 10.5 lbs

Is anyone getting vitamin shots?

I started a new weight loss program on June 10 and have lost 10.5lbs.

My BMI is down to 28.9

My weight loss hasn't moved in 3 years.

This is the most weight I've lost in 3 years.

I really think it's the shots.

If any of you have read my history....I've had a lot of problems with my band.

I hope it's finally MY TIME to LOOSE WEIGHT!!!!!

My BMI is down to 28.9

HOWDY MS MICHELLE, I'M GLAD TO HEAR YOU'VE STARTING LOSING AGAIN :)

I STARTED TAKING B12 SHOTS TWO MONTHS AGO. I KNOW I FEEL LIKE A MILLION BUCKS FOR THE FIRST TWO, THREE WEEKS AND CAN FEEL IT WEARING OFF AFTER THAT. HOW LOW WERE YOUR NUMBERS?

What numbers?

Like weight and bmi?

I'm only 158, down from 168.41lbs

I was 173 when banded.

My fat mass is 56.61lbs, down from 63.61

My fat % is 35.8%, down from 37.8% ( for my height and weight i should be between 23-34%)

WE SEE WHAT HAPPENS!

My BMI is down to 28.9

I'm fairly new and dont know your story... I'd love to read it. What difficultys have you had?

congrats on the wt loss!

My BMI is down to 28.9

((((((((((((((((Cleo)))))))))))))

This is wonderful news! Thank you for sharing.

I've been taking B12 shots every week for the last few months since I've been working out heavily. I can't say I've lost any weight due to the shots, however my energy level is better as well as my moods.

I’m working out at such an intense level right now that I need all the help I can get!

Good question, based on what I know, there are no studies to support that. Here's more from drweil.com - http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/id/QAA142964 as you can tell, he's not into taking the shots.

However, that being said, I do feel better and have more energy when I take them, than when I don't. Is it a placebo affect - I don't know but I'll take it.

Best,

Lisa

Okay so I am sure you need an Rx for them right? Do you just see your primary MD for that or what or should I say who do you go see? Am willing to try the shots!

Thanks,

By the way, does having your period make the band feel dif.? Almost feel like mine is tight again but haven't had a fill since end of April. I know my husband read prior to my first fill that you should schedule the fill away from your period, Why? Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks again!

Hey Vicki,

You don’t need a prescription, however since it’s a shot many go to a nurse practitioner or a doctor. Some Nutritionists do give the shots as well.

Just call around your local area – were I go it cost $15 per shot if I buy a package.

And you’re right; many of us, me included do get tighter around our periods. As you retain water and your body swells, you swell on the inside as well and it causes the band to be tighter – that along with stress, eating real salty foods always cause me issues. And I'm big on not getting a fill around my period, it can cause a "fake' tightness that can dissipate after your period ends.

Best,

Lisa

Hey Vicki,

You don’t need a prescription, however since it’s a shot many go to a nurse practitioner or a doctor. Some Nutritionists do give the shots as well.

Just call around your local area – were I go it cost $15 per shot if I buy a package.

And you’re right; many of us, me included do get tighter around our periods. As you retain water and your body swells, you swell on the inside as well and it causes the band to be tighter – that along with stress, eating real salty foods always cause me issues. And I'm big on not getting a fill around my period, it can cause a "fake' tightness that can dissipate after your period ends.

Best,

Lisa

OK LISA, GIVE IT UP, I GO TO MY REGULAR MD FOR THE SHOTS AND THEY'RE COSTING ME 20 EACH. WHERE ARE YOU GOING?

I DON'T KNOW IF I'D RECOMMEND THIS FOR EVERYONE BUT I'VE CHANGED MY THINKING ON GETTING FILLS WHILE CLOSE TO MY PERIOD ON MAINTENANCE. I WANTED TO START GETTING FILLS AGAIN AND I DON'T LIKE BEING TIGHT IN ANY WAY SO I WENT IN YESTERDAY FOR A FILL, ON MY PERIOD KNOWING IF I WASN'T TIGHT WITH IT NOW, IT WON'T BE ANY TIGHTER LATER ON.

Hey Pammie,

I go to Onvo, it’s a whole body health and performance program, located in the really old church right in front of the Toys R us in Bellevue. (It’s easy to miss, a super cool place totally focused on whole body health). Dr Mark is a Naturopathic Physician and gives does the B12 shots Wednesday from 8 to noon. There's also other independent health and wellness providers located there, this is where I work out and attend many of the programs to help me learn long-term healthy eating, and really just learning to have a healthy relationship with food. (Food and I get along much better now....)

http://www.onvo.com/

If you are ever in Bellevue and want to check it out give me a holler and I'll meet you there.

Good point about fills while on maintenance, it’s such a different place and my problem right now is with all the working out I can't stop losing weight. I'm into most size 2's and I'm about 20 pounds thinner than when we met up in Portland. (I may be at the too thin point - but since I'm so into exercise I still look really fit - not skinny). I'm trying to figure it out; I absolutely don't want to lose anymore. But with the band, sometimes I just don't have an appetite,

Lisa

Hey Pammie,

I go to Onvo, it’s a whole body health and performance program, located in the really old church right in front of the Toys R us in Bellevue. (It’s easy to miss, a super cool place totally focused on whole body health). Dr Mark is a Naturopathic Physician and gives does the B12 shots Wednesday from 8 to noon. There's also other independent health and wellness providers located there, this is where I work out and attend many of the programs to help me learn long-term healthy eating, and really just learning to have a healthy relationship with food. (Food and I get along much better now....)

If you are ever in Bellevue and want to check it out give me a holler and I'll meet you there.

Good point about fills while on maintenance, it’s such a different place and my problem right now is with all the working out I can't stop losing weight. I'm into most size 2's and I'm about 20 pounds thinner than when we met up in Portland. (I may be at the too thin point - but since I'm so into exercise I still look really fit - not skinny). I'm trying to figure it out; I absolutely don't want to lose anymore. But with the band, sometimes I just don't have an appetite,

Lisa

Lisa,

Did you ever think you would say that! Absolutely don't want to loose any more weight! Can't wait for that day myself.

Hey Pammie,

Lisa

THANKS FOR THE INFO MISSY :) I SWEAR BY THOSE B12 SHOTS NOW

20 POUNDS THINS? HOLY SMOKES WHERE'D IT COME FROM :)

I WENT IN ON WED FOR A LITTLE FILL, .2 I'M NOW AT 1.7 IN A 4 cc BAND. JUST NEEDED THAT LITTLE KICK. THE SIZE 4 SHORTS I HAD LAST SUMMER DON'T FIT SO I HAD TO GET 6's WHICH IS OK BUT I DON'T LIKE THE WAY I FEEL. I CAN FEEL EVERY POUND SINCE THE TT 2 YEARS AGO

HEADED TO DR NYTES ON MONDAY FOR A PRE OP, MORE OF COURSE ON THAT LATER :)

You mean like the Bernstein Bears?

:-)

No, never heard of it.

I am trying something new similar to Adkins (not adkins) with very low calories and the vitamin B12, plus I take a fat burner 3 times a day, a multi vitamin, and 2 tablets a day of calcium because I'm not drinking milk.

2nd week weigh in....only 1.8 pounds loss.

Here's the bad news.....

I'm feeling GREAT last week on MON, TUES and WED...better than I have in months. Still burping like a drunk sailor, but I've learned to live with that.

I get home from Church Wenesday night and my lower back starts hurting. I think it's maybe my period starting or maybe my band is acting up as usual. My burping gets worse. I fall to the toilet in the bathroom and have the dry heaves. It's like some bad episode of drinking...but without drining! I chop it up to another..."great tonight is going to suck because my band is evil and it hates me night".....but I end up spending all night on the floor buckled over in pain.

I'm thinking...constipation? gas? bloating? did my band slip? what the He-LL is happening????!!!!!!

I finally get off the floor (after not sleeping from 10pm-4am) and hobble into bed where i get 2 hours of sleep before it's time to get up for work. I tell my husband...no can go to work today. The first time I've thought I'd called in in ages. And for about 5 hours I laid in bed feeling like someone was sitting on my chest.

I'm like...THAT'S IT...THIS BAND IS COMING OUT!!!!! I'VE HAD IT AND I'M TIRED OF FEELING TERRIBLE ALL THE TIME!

Then I called 9-1-1

EMS came and clocked my heart at 220 a minute. Couldn't even find a blood pressure because my heart was racing so fast. Finally after 3 injections of this horrible stuff my heart slowed down and they could actually drive the ambulance to the hospital. I kept telling them about my band. They insisted it was my heart and IS my heart and NOW I have heart problems!!!!!

UGH!!!!!!

I'm better now (with the heart) and have new meds for that however... my burping is getting worse and worse.

I am scarred to get on a plane and fly to TJ and have them CUT me open and take out my band.

Wow.

That was a mouthful.

Sorry.

Needed to vent.

Please let them know that you have been taking fat burners and the rest of your program. Many have been linked to heart issues and death. I'm not trying to scare you but your band will not race your heart up - look at what you've been putting into your body - take everything to your doctor.

I’m very worried - they can cause long term damage that is irreversible and death.

We had someone on this forum that almost lost her life due to taking them.

Be careful - losing weight with the band can be slow - but do it right and it works. However adding in chemicals may cause a deadly reaction.

Its not worth it.

Be careful, my thoughts are with you!

Lisa

Please let them know that you have been taking fat burners and the rest of your program. Many have been linked to heart issues and death. I'm not trying to scare you but your band will not race your heart up - look at what you've been putting into your body - take everything to your doctor.

I’m very worried - they can cause long term damage that is irreversible and death.

We had someone on this forum that almost lost her life due to taking them.

Be careful - losing weight with the band can be slow - but do it right and it works. However adding in chemicals may cause a deadly reaction.

Its not worth it.

Be careful, my thoughts are with you!

Lisa

My thoughts exactly. Be careful and always let the dr who is doing your fills/band what is going on and what you are taking.