First fill

I had my first fill last week... really no restriction. I cant wait till i can get in and get another. I feel like there is a tiny bit there at least to tell me when to stop but I still feel I can eat 2 bowls of cereal in the morning before calling it quits. Anyone else get good restriction after the first fill? or have most of you had to go 2 or 3?

I had my first fill last week... really no restriction. I cant wait till i can get in and get another. I feel like there is a tiny bit there at least to tell me when to stop but I still feel I can eat 2 bowls of cereal in the morning before calling it quits. Anyone else get good restriction after the first fill? or have most of you had to go 2 or 3?

I have had my first fill only, but I will tell you I have little to no restriction. Going for my second fill in July and I can't wait!

Ya-hoo! The hard part is being patient and waiting for results. My doctor will not see me sooner than 1 month between fills, so it is teaching me to wait, that is for sure. I will say, I am happy to move slow on my fills. I do think it is good for my body to adjust to the squeeze, although my pocket book is feeling the pinch! LOL

Did you go back to the OCC for your fill or stay local?

(((((((((((((((((IrishRN)))))))))))))))))

Welcome to Onderland! What great results you had in your first month being banded. That is fab what you've accomplished before your fill! My first fill is scheduled for August. I'm moving so I thought it would be easier to do the fill after the move. I am still in the honeymoon stage with the band where I feel as if I'm full most of the time but as the days go by, little by little I'm getting some hunger back. I'm sure I'll be so ready when the time comes in August.

I had my first fill (6/8) checked on Monday (6/22) (wanted to make sure it was OK) I had restriction with the first fill as evidenced by food getting stuck! (They only charge 150.00 if you go back within two weeks of the "full price" fill.) They took out 8cc of original 9cc put in. I drank barium and I could see it go through so I got 0.4cc more. I think if I didn't say anything during the first fill I would only have gotten 5cc, but I asked to drink more barium and asked to have more added till I could see the restriction!

I am expecting this to last (as I don't have much more room left in the band!)

I see you went to OCC. How much fill did you get? Were you sitting up? Did you see the barium?

What size bad do you have?

I can only relate to my own experience.

Interested in what fills are like for others.... :-?

I have had my first fill only, but I will tell you I have little to no restriction. Going for my second fill in July and I can't wait!

Ya-hoo! The hard part is being patient and waiting for results. My doctor will not see me sooner than 1 month between fills, so it is teaching me to wait, that is for sure. I will say, I am happy to move slow on my fills. I do think it is good for my body to adjust to the squeeze, although my pocket book is feeling the pinch! LOL

Did you go back to the OCC for your fill or stay local?

I did go back to the OCC.. I only live an hour from the border so it was very easy. They put 2.0 cc in but they told me dont think about the numbers...

If someone does not have a large amount of wt to lose, the band will sit loser on the stomach and it may take me longer to get restriction. Right now I have little to no restriction.

Really its all a head game for me.. always wondering if this is really going to work. Since for most of us... nothing ever has. It is hard to believe this will.