So I just arrived in Tijuana today and let me tell you girls something which I`m pretty sure you`ll go thru if you haven`t had your surgery yet: in the months that lead to surgery, you`ll be excited and calm and happy BUT THEN 3 DAYS B4, its sooooooo nerve racking!!!!! Like I`m gonna have my surgery tomorow and I doubt that I`ll be able to sleep tonight! O and If you`re picking a hotel, pick the Mariotte a) its nice B) there are hot guys who work here :lol:

Also, DO NOT walk in Tijuana alone: I cant explain how much of a night mare it is: there are like taxis honking at you and offering you rides eventhough you dont need one and it`s next to impossible to try crossing the streets!! I`ll update you guys right after my surgery tomorow ;)

So I just arrived in Tijuana today and let me tell you girls something which I`m pretty sure you`ll go thru if you haven`t had your surgery yet: in the months that lead to surgery, you`ll be excited and calm and happy BUT THEN 3 DAYS B4, its sooooooo nerve racking!!!!! Like I`m gonna have my surgery tomorow and I doubt that I`ll be able to sleep tonight! O and If you`re picking a hotel, pick the Mariotte a) its nice B) there are hot guys who work here :lol:

Also, DO NOT walk in Tijuana alone: I cant explain how much of a night mare it is: there are like taxis honking at you and offering you rides eventhough you dont need one and it`s next to impossible to try crossing the streets!! I`ll update you guys right after my surgery tomorow ;)

((((((((((((((((((Vancouver)))))))))))))))))))))))

I'm so excited for you! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. Please keep us posted.

xo

Good luck although you won't need it i'm sure you will be just great. Take your time and don't overdo it!

VancouverGurl,

How wonderful that today is THE day! I can't wait until my turn and I can be posting that I have had my surgery. I hope all went well and am looking forward to hearing all about it!

Red B)

Hi! My fiance and I were there two weeks ago today when I got banded and let me tell you, my gas was so horrendous that I needed to get out of the hotel room and so we decided to take a mile walk into the city. We stopped by a liquor store where I decided to ask a couple of guys who were obviously Mexican/Americans (one ended up being a cop in TJ) where Revolucion Street and they gave us instructions. Take the yellow cab and when we get down to the shopping area, DO NOT GO PAST 2ND STREET! They were adamant, both repeating themselves because once you past that street, you go into the city (neighborhood) where you do not want to be. It was a little scary but my gas had me delirious and I needed to try to walk it off. So yucky that as we were walking, bouncers for the clubs were trying to get my fiance to go into the strip clubs, even as we were walking hand in hand. If the pain wasn't as bad as it was, we would have just stuck to being in the hotel but otherwise, we felt pretty safe getting into the cab and getting dropped back off at the Lucerna.

Thanks for your support guys, well I had my surgery and it went great..I dont even feel any pain. Even the nurses were surprised at how energetic I was like 1 hour after surgery!! I have to admit the gas and bloating is not that exciting but its my third day and it feels much better. Everyone was super nice and helpful but to be honest the only negative thing is that they preform surgeries like an "assembly line." I mean the doctor is only in there for about 3 minutes I guess to place the band and then his assisstants finish the rest of teh surgery! Other than that, I would say that all went well ^_^

Thanks for your support guys, well I had my surgery and it went great..I dont even feel any pain. Even the nurses were surprised at how energetic I was like 1 hour after surgery!! I have to admit the gas and bloating is not that exciting but its my third day and it feels much better. Everyone was super nice and helpful but to be honest the only negative thing is that they preform surgeries like an "assembly line." I mean the doctor is only in there for about 3 minutes I guess to place the band and then his assisstants finish the rest of teh surgery! Other than that, I would say that all went well ^_^

Ha Ha, an assembly line! That's how it was when I had a colonoscopy a few months ago. While one patient is in getting the procedure, they have the next one ready on the gurney in the hallway right outside the door! What a crack up! (no pun intended).

Hi VancouverGurl,

Good for you for finding the courage to go down there and get banded! I also know how nerve-racking it can be, but I was fortunate to have the OCC shuttle pick me up at the airport and take me right to the OCC.

Just remember that you're making this change for the better, and that what you feel (the fear) is temporary. Many people have gone down this same path and even though you may feel alone, right now, you're really never alone with you're banded! I've met so many really excellent people through this website, who have felt what you've felt and are ready to give you whatever moral support you need...if you just remember to reach out and let us know how you're doing.

In the meantime, good luck with the surgery and I wish you the very best in the days ahead!

(1jmk)