Reminds me of a joke - Gained 9 lbs.

((((((((((((((((((Hugs Everyone))))))))))))))))

I have a story that I've found some humor in. I used to weigh and measure for a living. In my office I had a cartoon of a scale. In the cartoon two children were standing by the scale and one is shown whispering to the other. "Don't get on it. Each time my mom does she cries."

I'm trying to stay away from the scale right now. I'm only a month from surgery and I know enough about myself to know that for me personally I could weigh myself a dozen times a day and more often than not, a bad weigh could put me into a funk all day long, and end up taking me off my program.

I weighed about 10 days ago. I weighed about 224 at the time. I wished it was more but I shrugged my shoulders and said to myself "Why did I do that?" and tried not to let the number put me into a funk.

So we went to Disneyland, I was sick, I stopped taking my blood pressure meds which included not one but two duiretics (I'm feeling great now btw) and yesterday I was laying in bed and my head was trying to convince me to step on the scale.

Now I'm a logical person. I know that even when we do our best that our bodies play tricks on us. I told myself that since I stopped taking the duiretic I would not see a loss. I'm not stupid, I've skipped (on accident) medication days in the past and I always gain about 2 lbs a day until I start to take them again but I convinced myself that it was better to hop on.

BTW I'm a food tracker, so I log every bite, lick and taste I put into my mouth. All the more reason for me to stay off the scale since I'm not taking a duiretic that I've taken for 3 years.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

I had gained 9 lbs.

9 lbs...are you kidding me?

I was instantly reminded of why for me it's best to just stay away.

I managed to get myself out of the funk I was in and I went for a mall walk to a friend. Someone has to keep the economy going. (I didn't buy anything...lol)

While we were walking I felt a pain in my stomach and I "knew" instantly. Yep...that was a TOM cramp.

Now the 9 lb gain makes sense.

I'm glad I have the band. Trust me...if I wouldn't have had the band I would have went on an eating spree and consumed my weight in food to respond to the scale. I did binge a little, but my binge added up to a 1500 calorie day. I can't believe I binged to the tune of 1500 calories...only 300 calories over what I normally consume. How weak is that?

Thank god for the band.

Hugs back, Robynn..

Don't laugh, but what's a TOM??

Robbynnoel,

Sorry you have seen an increase in your weight.

I lost 11 pounds in about 4 days when I was sick in February. I loved weighing 170 pounds but I knew I would not stay there and I felt terrible. Dehydration is a bad thing. I never felt worse than I did then. It took most of March to get back to 178 and most of March to feel better again. But, I will take a well hydrated 178 over a dehydrated 171 any day of the week. I do not recommend food poisoning as a means of rapid weight loss either!!

You may need to reassess you starting weight by a few pounds to make up for the diuretics that you used to take unless you were drinking a bunch of water to make up for it. Just a thought. Take care.

Dawn

((((((((((((((((((Hugs Everyone)))))))))))))))))))

Yes...TOM is time of month. I normally gain about 6 lbs of water during that time and the rest is due to the fact I don't need my blood pressure meds in the same doses as I did in the past because of the weight I've been able to lose. A win all the way around.

:)

((((((((((((((((((Hugs Everyone))))))))))))))))

I have a story that I've found some humor in. I used to weigh and measure for a living. In my office I had a cartoon of a scale. In the cartoon two children were standing by the scale and one is shown whispering to the other. "Don't get on it. Each time my mom does she cries."

I'm trying to stay away from the scale right now. I'm only a month from surgery and I know enough about myself to know that for me personally I could weigh myself a dozen times a day and more often than not, a bad weigh could put me into a funk all day long, and end up taking me off my program.

I weighed about 10 days ago. I weighed about 224 at the time. I wished it was more but I shrugged my shoulders and said to myself "Why did I do that?" and tried not to let the number put me into a funk.

So we went to Disneyland, I was sick, I stopped taking my blood pressure meds which included not one but two duiretics (I'm feeling great now btw) and yesterday I was laying in bed and my head was trying to convince me to step on the scale.

Now I'm a logical person. I know that even when we do our best that our bodies play tricks on us. I told myself that since I stopped taking the duiretic I would not see a loss. I'm not stupid, I've skipped (on accident) medication days in the past and I always gain about 2 lbs a day until I start to take them again but I convinced myself that it was better to hop on.

BTW I'm a food tracker, so I log every bite, lick and taste I put into my mouth. All the more reason for me to stay off the scale since I'm not taking a duiretic that I've taken for 3 years.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

I had gained 9 lbs.

9 lbs...are you kidding me?

I was instantly reminded of why for me it's best to just stay away.

I managed to get myself out of the funk I was in and I went for a mall walk to a friend. Someone has to keep the economy going. (I didn't buy anything...lol)

While we were walking I felt a pain in my stomach and I "knew" instantly. Yep...that was a TOM cramp.

Now the 9 lb gain makes sense.

I'm glad I have the band. Trust me...if I wouldn't have had the band I would have went on an eating spree and consumed my weight in food to respond to the scale. I did binge a little, but my binge added up to a 1500 calorie day. I can't believe I binged to the tune of 1500 calories...only 300 calories over what I normally consume. How weak is that?

Thank god for the band.

Oh my gosh... I was going to post something of the same except I was not taking any meds.... I stepped on the scale and it had a gain of 4 pounds... UGH this was after my first week of having a fill. Today TOM arrived!

1500 cals is not really bad. Figure how active you are a day and naturally your body burns cals just sitting, breathing... on average I burn 1800 a day. I have the bodybugg and it is awesome... it shows me how many calories I'm burning. If you ever watched the show Biggest Loser, they all wear them on their arms. but... you are doing okay...

It will get better... hang in there.

:D No wonder I didn't know! I'm menopausal and thank God, don't have to deal with that anymore!! That is the one upside!!