Countdown

We fly down on Weds and my surgery is on Thursday, July 2nd. This is truly my INDEPENDENCE day! I can't believe how supportive everyone in my life has been over the past few months and especially the last three weeks while I have been losing my pre-op weight.

I'm hearing lots of talk about the painful gas, but there must be something to take to prevent it?

Congratulations, it really will be your new and very own independence day! It’s great to hear that you have a strong support system in place - that really helps with the success for your upcoming journey.

For the gas, I just walked (it wasn't that bad for me) but many take Gas X. Its surgery, and there's pain, which is different for each person.

You’ll be fine – we all made it through and are either done with our journey, or on the way. Just think – in just a few short days you’ll be one of us!

Best,

Lisa

We fly down on Weds and my surgery is on Thursday, July 2nd. This is truly my INDEPENDENCE day! I can't believe how supportive everyone in my life has been over the past few months and especially the last three weeks while I have been losing my pre-op weight.

I'm hearing lots of talk about the painful gas, but there must be something to take to prevent it?

This is an exciting time. The pre-op diet stunk for me, but I did loose 15 lbs, so it worked well. The hardest part for me was cooking for my family. Glad to hear you have good support! That is awesome!

Personally, I did not experience any painful gas. This is what I did. As I walked out the door for surgery, I put 6 drops of Beano under my tounge. I did take gas-x strips also. As soon as I was awake enough to walk, I was up and walking. I had my momma with me on the trip, and had told her how important is was for me to get up and walk right away. (she can be like a mini General :P ) She took my words to heart and had me up and walking ASAP. I even remember her waking me to walk and me waving her off so I could sleep. Bless her heart she waited 5 minutes and woke me again telling me the nurses came in and told me I must walk. So up I went again walking down the famous run way!

Now, I have no idea what did the trick for me, but I did not have any gas pains. Really I was the bounce back kid. The hardest part of the entire journey for me was the plane ride home and running in the airport to catch my connection. (flight was delayed and I almost missed my connection) When I got off the plane I was pooped out. 6 hours of flight and a bumpy one too did me in!

Good to meet you and look forward to hearing more from you!

Congrats!!!! YOu will not regret it for one second!!!!

Everyone is different, but the gasx strips worked ok for me but didn't really make it go away. That and getting up and walking a lot. I literally did laps up and down the halls and in my hotel room after surgery. It took almost 3 weeks for it to go away for me and I still get small bouts of it here and there. But it's not that bad - i'll take it!

Let us know how it goes!

Congrats! Tell us what it is you are doing to lose your pre op weight? I am nine months away from my surgery but the more information I get the better! Congrats again, and keep us all posted on your journey! :)

Thanks everyone for the tips and additional encouragement. My guy is going with me and we've talked about me getting UP and walking ASAP and that I'm counting on him to hold me accountable. I was pretty much the same with my gallbladder surgery a couple of years back and my hysterectomy. Getting up and walking is what helped me heal.

Congrats!!!! YOu will not regret it for one second!!!!

Everyone is different, but the gasx strips worked ok for me but didn't really make it go away. That and getting up and walking a lot. I literally did laps up and down the halls and in my hotel room after surgery. It took almost 3 weeks for it to go away for me and I still get small bouts of it here and there. But it's not that bad - i'll take it!

Let us know how it goes!

I'm just following the pre-op diet they gave me. Protein shake in the morning, one at noon and salad and small portion of meat for dinner. I'm also allowed as much green stuff as I want so I've been creative. Fresh green beans and peas are in season right now and great to munch on. I'm not cooking for a family any more, my kids are grown and Greg is very self sufficient.

:lb10:

How exciting for you!

It is awesome to hear that you have wonderful support.

The gas was painful for me, but walking helped and I did ALOT of walking soon after & when it didn't,

I had to take pain meds to at least take the edge off. All in all, it was manageable though.

Have a safe flight and a speedy recovery,

Hugs,

Kristi