24 Hours After Banding

I got banded yesterday at the Al Zuhair Medical Center in Kuwait. I just got home a few minutes ago. At about 5 hours post op I was able to get up and slowly walk around my room for a few minutes. My back and belly were sore. It wasn't a pain, but more of a discomfort. I was finally able to sip about a tablespoon of water at about 10 hours post op. I was soooooo thirsty. Then eventually I got down about half a cup of tea. Drinking tea with a spoon reminds of when I was a little girl having tea parties. I didn't get much sleep. I just couldn't get comfortable. Today, my back no longer hurts but my belly is still sore. I'm having trouble taking a deep breath and I have a tickle in my throat but it hurts to cough. The first thing I did when I got home was go straight to the kitchen and open the fridge. Old habits are hard to break. Surprisingly, I'm not feeling hungry. Maybe I am, but the discomfort outweighs the hunger. The nurses told me it was ok for me to sleep on my side, but when you're a fat chick your gut flops when you turn on your side and this made my stitches pull. So all in all after everyrthing is said and done, I'm happy. The discomfort will diminish, the stitches will go away and I am on the road to a healthier life. Woo Hoo!!!!

Well congrats to you!!! Please keep us posted on your progess... I know we say that to everyone but truely it is the only way those of us who aren't yet banded get to absorb useful information... and I am sure it helps those who have been banded. Now do you live in Kuwait? If not what lead you to have your surgery there? My family is from Egypt and I have played with the idea of going there to be banded... take a tiny vacation, see my family AND get banded? Sounds good to me... but who knows- I am still hoping my insurance is approved and I can do it just 12 minutes from my home in Binghamton, Ny. Anyhoo... Congrats again! :D

Well congrats to you!!! Please keep us posted on your progess... I know we say that to everyone but truely it is the only way those of us who aren't yet banded get to absorb useful information... and I am sure it helps those who have been banded. Now do you live in Kuwait? If not what lead you to have your surgery there? My family is from Egypt and I have played with the idea of going there to be banded... take a tiny vacation, see my family AND get banded? Sounds good to me... but who knows- I am still hoping my insurance is approved and I can do it just 12 minutes from my home in Binghamton, Ny. Anyhoo... Congrats again! :D

Thanks, I'll keep you all posted. I am about to post some pics now. I've lived in Kuwait since 2005. The Iraq war brought me here as a contractor and I just haven't left. Texas is home though.

Congrats and I am so glad that you are feeling OK! Definitely excited to hear your progress!