Three breathing exercises

So most of you know I really try to regulate my stress to have better control over my band. One technique I use is breathing exercises. Here’s 3 good one’s from Dr. Weil.

http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/ART00521/three...-exercises.html

I do exercise 2 almost every morning.

Best,

Lisa

These are very exciting and they really do work. Also, his recipes (some of them) are really good.

Thanks for posting this!

(1jmk)

These are very exciting and they really do work. Also, his recipes (some of them) are really good.

Thanks for posting this!

(1jmk)

Excellent post Lisa....I LOVE Dr. Weil. He is just amazing and the topics he comes up with, seems perfect timing for me. These breathing exercises really have helped lower my stress level.

((HUGS!!))...Jazzy!!

These are great! Do you all ever do any of these when you get stuck? For some reason as soon as I get stuck I almost always PB because I suddenly get really stressed about it. Would love to find a way to relax and get through it and not get sick.

Definitely gonna try those! I have a lot of stress in my life and would really like to get in a better mental place.

I do them when I'm stuck (it’s hard sometimes though when you wait till that moment and you’re panicking) and for a while there I was doing them before I ate - it really helps to "open" you up a bit when you are tight.

Dr. Oz is really big on doing this as well. It’s believed that it will help cleanse out your system when you release your breath and get rid of the toxins. And one thing about Dr. Weil, he’s very into studies and really understanding why something works and how, so there is backing on most of his principles and teachings.

Once you get in the habit, you really miss doing it – it’s like if you forget to brush your teeth, you know how you’re like – ugh! That’s how it is now if I forget to do my breathing exercise. And I really believe it’s helped with my energy level as well. Its free, easy and there's no reason to not try it - its just a few minutes - it might be worth it if it helps you out!