Powder Protein

I was reading through topics the other day and came across a discussion about protein powder and now I can't find the discussion. You were all talking about putting it in coffee and the different flavors, etc,etc. My question is, is this the same kind of stuff that you buy at GNC in the really big jars? I found protein whey powder in chocolate at GNC. Is that the same thing ya'll are using? Also, I couldn't find a powdered multi vitamin here so I bought some gel caps and squeezed them into juice. I soon found out they are in the gel caps for a reason. It's sooooo nasty. I couldn't even put the glass up to my mouth it smelled so bad. I'm going to go online to drustore.com and find a powdered vitamin. Any suggestions? Anything flavorless? Thanks!

I was reading through topics the other day and came across a discussion about protein powder and now I can't find the discussion. You were all talking about putting it in coffee and the different flavors, etc,etc. My question is, is this the same kind of stuff that you buy at GNC in the really big jars? I found protein whey powder in chocolate at GNC. Is that the same thing ya'll are using? Also, I couldn't find a powdered multi vitamin here so I bought some gel caps and squeezed them into juice. I soon found out they are in the gel caps for a reason. It's sooooo nasty. I couldn't even put the glass up to my mouth it smelled so bad. I'm going to go online to drustore.com and find a powdered vitamin. Any suggestions? Anything flavorless? Thanks!

I buy the big jar of vanilla whey protein at Walmart and stir a scoop in my coffee every day. 26 grams per scoop. 130 calories per scoop. As far as a multi vitamin, I buy the vitagummies for adults at Costco and chew 2 a day. They taste like gummy candy and are really good. Not at all vitaminy. The vitamins are $10 for 200 and the protein is $15 for 2 pounds.

I was about to ask the same question about the protein powder. I have some soy (unflavored), used to put it in oatmeal pre-band (would be afraid it would get stuck now!) I am going to try it with my tea. (I already put soy milk in it (soy slender vanilla 6g protein per cup) . (I usually drink about 1 to 2 pots of tea per day (brew it in a coffee pot @ home and @work) What brand is the Whey from Walmart? It doesn't clump up???

So far I have been unable to eat anything in the morning just gets stuck. Just got a slight unfill yesterday so maybe it will be better. I am really tired of the two days of liquids!!! I was so hungry yesterday!!!!!

I have been taking Centrum (silver-don't need the iron) chewable, at first I didn't like them but after 2 months they don't bother me. I also take a chewable calcium Os-Cal (used to do the candy like chewable but I am paranoid I won't chew it enough and then it will get stuck) Also been taking "voots" chewable veg/fruit supplements I got form Costco, figured it wouldn't hurt me.

Dawn suggested UNJURY to me. You can only get it on-line, but you can also purchase samples so that you can try it before investing a bunch of money only to find out you don't like it. I bought one of each of the samples. So far I have tried the Strawberry and Vanilla. I didn't have a problem with either of them in clumping up. I have never been a fan of strawberry milk or of vanilla milkshakes (unless there are Oreos in it :wub: ) however I did fine with both of these. I probably will not order a large container of either one, but at least I can say I tried them. The unflavored version is what I am really hoping I will do well with and knowing me if I also like the chocolate one it will end up in my order because I do like chocolate milk.

As for the vitamins, I also was taking the adult gummies by One A Day, but did not find as good a deal as "finally" found at Costco, of course I do not have a Costco card, but then again I haven't checked at Sam's yet. Today I spent $10ish at Wal-Mart for a bottle of 180 children's gummies. 3 of them will basically be equal to 2 of the adult gummies so I definitely saved as this 60 day supply only cost $2 more than a 15 day supply of the adult gummies. However, when I run out of the children's gummies I will be checking at Sam's for the adult version, especially if I can get a 100 day supply for around $10.