ANOTHER UNFILL?!!!!!

I've had more sliming this time around, much less pbing, but none the less still feeling like my band is too tight! I take Gas-X which slowly helps with the pressure, but now I'm feeling some discomfort on my mid thoracic area. Once I burp, it goes away. I had an unfill from 2.6ccs at the beginning of May, and refill to 2ccs, at the end of May.

Getting frustrated! Anyone else?

I just had to get some removed on Monday. Had a hard time, sort of felt like I was tight? Food got stuck (blamed it on not chewing enough) Then Saturday I took a small nap and when I woke up, drank a protein drink and it wouldn't go down, had to drink a hot liquid. So I caved and had the extra they put in when I went back to have my first fill double checked. Today is my first day with solids. Been so hungry!

Getting discouraged, not sure if this whole band thing is working for me? Not ready to give up yet I spent too much money!!!! (been reading about a vertical sleeve, not sure it has been around enough??? I was desperate enough to get a band not sure I could cut my stomach off???)

D.

Finally, you just started on your journey. Stop, take a deep breath and read Dr. Ortiz’s statement for success. http://www.lapbandforum.com/index.php?show...amp;#entry31257

You don't want to get yourself in a negative mindset this early on; it can really defeat what you are trying to do. (Sorry I'm not a candy coater on this). When you first start you're going to have these times as you try to find your sweet spot - I understand that they are frustrating but don't start second guessing yourself and planning your failure - know you will get it and you will succeed.

Pinna, you’ve been around for a while – I’m not sure of your stats but some of us do tighten. I would like to have a little bit more info to help. Where are you at in your journey?

Love to help, just need some more information.

Best,

Lisa

Finally, you just started on your journey. Stop, take a deep breath and read Dr. Ortiz’s statement for success. http://www.lapbandforum.com/index.php?show...amp;#entry31257

You don't want to get yourself in a negative mindset this early on; it can really defeat what you are trying to do. (Sorry I'm not a candy coater on this). When you first start you're going to have these times as you try to find your sweet spot - I understand that they are frustrating but don't start second guessing yourself and planning your failure - know you will get it and you will succeed.

Pinna, you’ve been around for a while – I’m not sure of your stats but some of us do tighten. I would like to have a little bit more info to help. Where are you at in your journey?

Love to help, just need some more information.

Best,

Lisa

Yes Lisa, thanks for your reply. I'm actually about halfway through my journey. I need about anothger 35-40# to go. I'm REALLY hoping I'm not, at this point, experiencing any new problems with my band. It's been almost a year and a half! I've been having some pain, as well as the sliming when I have solids. I've tightened before, when I was going through some stressful times, and, as I mentioned above had an COMPLETE unfill in May of this year. So now I'm thinking that I need to do it again. ( Hopefully that's ALL I need!)

I agree--failure can be a self-fulfilled prophesy. Obviously, for most, getting the lap-band is not a snap decision. It is researched for the pros and cons (yes there are some) and gone into with a lot of forethought, excitement, anticipation and expectations. Please do not let some of the junk that is frustrating about this process derail your success. You can--and will--do this!! One of the best ways is to do what you are already doing--use this forum to get the advice and encouragement that you need! Many people here (myself included) tried everything (I mean everything) to try to lose weight prior to the band. Of course, none of those methods--some good, and some very very bad--worked long-term, so we got the lap-band. Sometimes it is easy to fall into the bad head trip that convinces us that since we had "failure" with everything else we tried, that this lap-band thing won't work either. DO NOT FALL INTO THIS TRAP! The lap-band will work for you--so put it into your mind that together you're going to be successful. This may sound stupid, but say it out loud to yourself. You can do this!!

Lisa and Diana,

thank you for the encouragement. You are both right about attitude. I am just so sick of dieting!!! Yes I too have tried every diet there is (have been successful a few times -but it always seems to come back) I guess I just can't eat breakfast. I tried again yesterday and it got stuck again. Tried chicken for lunch got stuck! So dah..no chicken (except the shredded chicken from Trader's Joes w/extra BBQ sauce is OK) Just hard headed I guess. I also can't exercise like I want because I had surgery on my foot and is not healed. Did lift weights last week. Waiting for 7/25 and then I will start crunches.

I am sure logging onto this board is helping me also. I am pretty sure I could convince myself that I really made a mistake and go back to eating what I want. Was eating M&M's (peanut and almond) yesterday because I was so frustrated with the breakfast and lunch episodes I was so hungry!!!!!

Today is a new day. Waited to eat later in the day and followed the no drink before. I just ate @ 6pm and I am thirsty but going to wait till 7pm!

I know for a fact I would not have lost 20lbs without this band!

Once again thank you so much for the words of encouragement. :good2:

I can do this!

Pinina,

Hope you are doing better. Sounds like you have been successful with your weight loss.

D.

Pinina,

The band can be strange – when I get into these situations I pretty much start over. It’s a pain and I hate it – but it’s also a good jump start to weight loss.

I go back to liquids for 3 days, then soft foods for 3 days and slowly work back to solids. I really measure – rarely would eat over ½ cup per meal and took very small bites. If I even thought I was getting uncomfortable I’d stop.

When we have excessive stress we can end up with swelling that really tightens our band and the only way that I can ever get mine back into shape was to really focus and do the liquid program noted above. It also was a great deterrent at not allowing myself to PB or stress, I hate doing the liquids again, but one good thing, it really kicks in the weight loss. Also check out the breathing exercises I noted last week - it really does work. I use to stress allot - and one good thing about the band it’s taught me that I've got to learn how to control it.

Finally,

Breakfast was hard for me at times – I would wait to see if I could eat - you know pretty fast and if not I would have a protein shake. One note I never blended my protein shake or drank it cold (with ice and especially not with blended ice) I only drank the ones in single servings – cold ones tightened me up and I couldn’t drink them. I drank them at room temperature – you do get use to it!

You’ll do fine – there is a learning curve with the band.

Best,

Lisa