today's fill update

Wow. I wish all of you could see what the forum looks like on my cell. pretty cool! (okay, shiny object)

I got my fill. I had literally made myself sick worried that the doctor would turn me away for failing so far - or if we couldn't find the port... or for many other reasons.... all rediculous. the nurse was super sweet and the doctor was fantastic. he asked what had been going on and I told him about the numerous falls, the delay, the fear. he asked what brought me around and I told him about this forum.

you see, he also is banded and has lost lots of weight and has even put together a book of band friendly recipes.

he found the port so easily, pulled some out to see where I was and then put about .7 in.

now the interesting part - he wants to see me next week for another fill. truth be told I don't feel much of a restriction, but I do seem to have more gas. ick.

i'm excited!!!

Wow. I wish all of you could see what the forum looks like on my cell. pretty cool! (okay, shiny object)

I got my fill. I had literally made myself sick worried that the doctor would turn me away for failing so far - or if we couldn't find the port... or for many other reasons.... all rediculous. the nurse was super sweet and the doctor was fantastic. he asked what had been going on and I told him about the numerous falls, the delay, the fear. he asked what brought me around and I told him about this forum.

you see, he also is banded and has lost lots of weight and has even put together a book of band friendly recipes.

he found the port so easily, pulled some out to see where I was and then put about .7 in.

now the interesting part - he wants to see me next week for another fill. truth be told I don't feel much of a restriction, but I do seem to have more gas. ick.

i'm excited!!!

Awesome! Well all except for the gas part! Yay for you!

Gee, is he charging you $ again next week, too? I know the idea is to "sneak" up on the sweet spot, but this could get ridiculously expensive at a few drops here and there. Does the doctor give a reasonable rationale for weekly fills?

Gee, is he charging you $ again next week, too? I know the idea is to "sneak" up on the sweet spot, but this could get ridiculously expensive at a few drops here and there. Does the doctor give a reasonable rationale for weekly fills?

I asked that. He only added .7 for this fill and said since it had been a year and a half since my last fill (and my only fill) he didn't believe that it would give me much restriction. Normally he waits two weeks or more before another fill, but we are going to address it again on Thursday, July 9th to see if another fill was needed.

I'm okay with spending the money right now. I waited so long to take the full benefit of this band - I feel great today. I will absolutely need the fill on Thursday, but I'm really encouraged.