Down 20.7 lbs!

Hello! Thought I would celebrate a little with you all. I had my second fill today. Got on the scale and I had lost an additional 3 lbs. Which is cool! I'll take it. My weight loss has been ultra slow, but it is after all a loss and I believe that the 20 lbs that have left my body are gone for good. So for that fact, I have to be grateful! She put .5cc's in the band, which brings me up to 1.2 cc's total. I am hoping this fill will give me restriction for more than a few days.

If it doesn't I will make another apt to be zip ties some more next month! Gonna work the tool. The nurse gave me some crap about eating a cookie and a hot dog, but hey it was the weekend of the 4th. I am living with the band, not trying to be a perfect bandster. I am not going to deny myself a hot dog if I want a hot dog, even if they are high in fat. Sometimes holidays are just holidays. I did better than I ever have and I am proud of myself for that. Oh, and I did have a deviled egg too! LOL Hey, it's protein. :P

Now I am back on liquids for a while. Gonna see how long I can stick with the full liquids. This Dr's office says keep on them for as long as you can, as it will jump start your weight loss. I'll do my best, but have a hard time with this theory because I did 21 days of liquids and I lost 3-4 lbs. Not to mention I did not drink massive amounts of calories. Pry not the *best attitude* to have but hey, it's the truth and it is where I am at. So that is that.

Drank my supper tonight! One meal down.....who knows how many to go before I begin the soft protiens and work back to hard proteins.

On an off topic note, my son started a new daycare today. ( we had Jerry Springer style drama at his old daycare last week.) He did so good! No tears at drop off and at pick up he was funny. It was like he remembered that I had left him there. When we got in the car he fussed a bit. I hope tomorrows full day will go good. I am expecting tears and a hard time in the moring, so if I get something less stressful, it will be a BLESSING!!!!!

I will say today was harder on me then him. It's hard to leave you child with people you don't know yet. <_<

Hope you all had wonderful 4th of July celebrations. (For all those members who are Americans.)

All the Canadians, I hope you had a great Canada Day. (late)

For everyone else, I hope you had a nice weekend!

Don't let them give you any grief over that! Do I try to eat well at every meal of course, but we all need a time to splurge now and again. Before, my splurge would have been an entire pizza and now it is one cookie or one scoop of ice cream. That IS OK!!!!! If you don't you will NOT stick to it! We are good bandsters most of the time but we all need to be able to enjoy ourselves in moderation.

Hope this fill gives you some restriction! Good luck!

Hi Angie! I agree with Shelby. It's ok to splurge at times...you gotta live too! Just know your portion control and include it with your calorie intake. No big deal. We all can't be perfect on this band...but we all try to live the good bandsters rules. If we "oops"...then just learn from it and move forward.

Still 20 pounds is GREAT! It's (4) 5-lb sacks of sugar! Try carrying them around for 15 minutes and you will be amaze how motivating that can be for you! YOU GO GIRL!!

May this restriction be as good as melting 20 more pounds!! YEAH!! Jazzy!!

Hey Angie!

I was thinking about you yesterday wondering how it all went--new day care and your fill appointment. So glad that it sounds like it was a win-win! I hear you about the hard time you were given about a having couple of goodies on a holiday weekend. When I think back to what I would have eaten (and drank) at holiday get-togethers pre lapband, all the while telling myself that "first thing tomorrow" I would get with the program, a hot dog and a cookie seems like a diet!! Congratulations on over 20 pounds lost! You're doing great!!

:lb21: :lb10: :lb21: :lb10: :lb21: :lb10: :lb21: :lb10: :lb21:

Angie - I am so excited for you. Yay for mommies who handle dropping off their children well - and yay for working so well with your band!

Angie,

Was also thinking about you yesterday. So......happy for you!!!!! :cheerleader: 20.7 lbs is great and yes it is gone for good. I so agree with the having a not so healthy food item every now and then. Yesterday I went to a birthday party and I had the best piece of cake but you know what I only had one and it was a "normal size"

Maybe these bands just are the answer for us! :i-m_so_happy:

I can't tell you how many "daycare" moments I had raising my kids. I think tears come with the territory I bet if you ask they will say he did just fine after you are gone.

It is interesting the different things we are told about what to eat. The place I go says two days full liquids after a fill.

D.

Angie,

Was also thinking about you yesterday. So......happy for you!!!!! :cheerleader: 20.7 lbs is great and yes it is gone for good. I so agree with the having a not so healthy food item every now and then. Yesterday I went to a birthday party and I had the best piece of cake but you know what I only had one and it was a "normal size"

Maybe these bands just are the answer for us! :i-m_so_happy:

I can't tell you how many "daycare" moments I had raising my kids. I think tears come with the territory I bet if you ask they will say he did just fine after you are gone.

It is interesting the different things we are told about what to eat. The place I go says two days full liquids after a fill.

D.

Shelby, Jazzy, Diana, Simone, and D - To me this 4th weekend was a victory! I have made a pretty big piggy poo of myself in the past. I felt like I did well. I was sorta taken back that the nurse gave me a talking to over the hot dog and cookie. It's nice to know that they are not afraid to say something to ya about your diet. I do like that. So it wasn't terrible. I feel proud of myself anyway. Escpecially since the party was at my house and I cooked all the food. Yeah, I did good. Even avoided certain foods all together. :D

I am so proud of my son. Today was day 2, and his first full day. He did not cry at all at drop off either day. It seems he is having more emotion when we pick him up. It's been pretty cool too, because today and yesterday, both my husband and I were there to get him together. The little stinker goes back in forth from dad to mom. Each time not even staying with the person for more than 5 seconds. To funny. I will say beyond a shadow of a doubt this has been harder on me then him. :rolleyes: The gals at daycare say that if they did not know this was his first day(s) they would not even be able to tell he was new. That brings me so much comfort. Can you imagine what I will be like when he starts to stay over at friends houses or goes to visit grammy and grandpa for a week. Oh boy! I don't see this getting easier. :wub: A mothers love!

Thanks for thinking of me guys! This has been a hard week for me.

Hi Angie! I agree with Shelby. It's ok to splurge at times...you gotta live too! Just know your portion control and include it with your calorie intake. No big deal. We all can't be perfect on this band...but we all try to live the good bandsters rules. If we "oops"...then just learn from it and move forward.

Still 20 pounds is GREAT! It's (4) 5-lb sacks of sugar! Try carrying them around for 15 minutes and you will be amaze how motivating that can be for you! YOU GO GIRL!!

May this restriction be as good as melting 20 more pounds!! YEAH!! Jazzy!!

LOL

Jude you are so sweet...that was a great visual...carrying around bags of sugar. I picked up a 20 lb bag of flour at Costco and realized I had been carrying around TWO of those last year

;)