After bouncing up and down between 190 and 195 for WEEKS, I'm finally in the 180's.....first time since the 80's!!!

If you think you need a fill, you probably do.

So glad to have restriction again!!! I've made some mini-goals too. They really help me stay focused:

-175 pounds by the end of summer.

-165 by October 5th (going to Hawaii and I've bought a bikini!!!)

-160 (GOAL) by my birthday October 25th!!!

After bouncing up and down between 190 and 195 for WEEKS, I'm finally in the 180's.....first time since the 80's!!!

If you think you need a fill, you probably do.

So glad to have restriction again!!! I've made some mini-goals too. They really help me stay focused:

-175 pounds by the end of summer.

-165 by October 5th (going to Hawaii and I've bought a bikini!!!)

-160 (GOAL) by my birthday October 25th!!!

That's great. I love mini goals and always set them up for myself.

Just when I was so excited to have good restriction again, I closed right up on the weekend. I haven't been able to eat or drink for two days (today is day three...I was hoping it would loosen) and my morning coffee won't even go down- which has never been a problem. I'm going for an unfill with a local doctor I have never seen at 2:45. I'm not sure if he'll take it all out or just some but a this point I don't care- I feel so weak (and GRUMPY) from not eating. I was panicking because the fill ocentre I use is closed for vacation and I didn't know what to do- then I remembered seeing a local guy's name on here. Again, this forum has helped me tremendously!

Sabrina:)

Just when I was so excited to have good restriction again, I closed right up on the weekend. I haven't been able to eat or drink for two days (today is day three...I was hoping it would loosen) and my morning coffee won't even go down- which has never been a problem. I'm going for an unfill with a local doctor I have never seen at 2:45. I'm not sure if he'll take it all out or just some but a this point I don't care- I feel so weak (and GRUMPY) from not eating. I was panicking because the fill ocentre I use is closed for vacation and I didn't know what to do- then I remembered seeing a local guy's name on here. Again, this forum has helped me tremendously!

SENT YOU A PM SABRINA :)

YOU'LL BE FEELING BETTER SOON

Thanks for the pm Pammie- it's nice to know so many people care. I ended up going to a local fill doctor for the first time (Manchanda in Surrey, BC) and he was AWESOME!!!! I was prepared for a complete unfill but he thought that was going overboard so he took half of what was put in at my last fill (.2 of the .4) out and I feel like a million bucks so far! It's funny, I was ggoing to ask for .2 at my last fill, but the nurse suggested .4 and I said yes even though I thought that might be too much. I should have trusted my gut....my ever-shrinking gut, haha!

SENT YOU A PM SABRINA :)

YOU'LL BE FEELING BETTER SOON

Thanks for the pm Pammie- it's nice to know so many people care. I ended up going to a local fill doctor for the first time (Manchanda in Surrey, BC) and he was AWESOME!!!! I was prepared for a complete unfill but he thought that was going overboard so he took half of what was put in at my last fill (.2 of the .4) out and I feel like a million bucks so far! It's funny, I was ggoing to ask for .2 at my last fill, but the nurse suggested .4 and I said yes even though I thought that might be too much. I should have trusted my gut....my ever-shrinking gut, haha!

Sabrina, did you get any information on Dr. Manchanda's background? When I called his staff were really unhelpfull and uninformed so I never pursued it further. It would be nice to have another name for when Dr. Arseneau is unavailable.

Louise

Not sure what his background is except that he is a really nice GP that has done over 200 fills and unfills (got me with one poke that didn't even hurt) for patients that were banded in Mexico (he thinks Dr. Ortiz is a great surgeon), Toronto (apparently a lot of people around here had surgery in Toronto), he does fills for some patients that fly in from northern BC and ALberta, bandsters that are new to Van and don't have after-care locally, and even visitors to Van that sometimes need emergency unfills. Not sure how he got in to it but I'll ask next time I see him. I felt very comfortable with him! His receptionist runs his very busy walk-in clinic and family practice I don't think she knows much about the fills except that he does them!

Sabrina, did you get any information on Dr. Manchanda's background? When I called his staff were really unhelpfull and uninformed so I never pursued it further. It would be nice to have another name for when Dr. Arseneau is unavailable.

Louise

Glad you are feeling better! It is amazing how such a small unfill can make all the difference!

Keep up the great work!

I don't think I eat particulary well, so I'm not one to ask for advice. On the other hand, I eat better than I did when I dined on super-sized meals at the drive-thru 2 out of 3 meals per day!!!

Breakfast- coffee (usuallya tall skinny cinnamon dolce latte from Starbucks)

snack- yogurt or a protein shake (not because I am hungry but because I feel I should try to eat breakfast and get some protein)

lunch- usually a salad with some kind of meat and maybe some nuts

dinner- whatever the family is having (minus any pasta or bread)

Basically, I don't eat any carbs and try to watch my fat and sugar although I do still struggle withe eating junk now and then just because it is there

Also, I wasn't drinking enough water but since I bought some Crystal light to-go singles, I drink way more. The cherry-pomegranite is SO good!!! I also take a chewable multi-vitamin every day....and add benefibre to my morning coffee.

I think you are doing great, Sabrina!

I am back on the 'band-wagon' -lol. I was having some hard times, but I think I'm past it.

I am SO close to being under 200! I can taste it - and it's the best taste I could have ever imagined!

I sort of forgot the rules of the band for a while, since I had an unfill due to full restriction no matter how much of a fill I had. But I got a fill mid June and I'm down 12lbs since then!

I'm not very hungry, so this is a bit strange. Now that I know I can't eat most of what I was eating, I have accepted it and I don't want it anymore. I've decided to make certain things my daily foods, and add a little of this or that along the way, but I always eat these same things.

Morning: 2 cups Coffee with non-dairy creamer 15/30 calories

Late morning/Afternoon: 14oz protien shake, with liquid vitamins, banana, benefiber, skim milk, whey protien and carnation instant breakfast. 350ish calories

Evening: Cambells Healthy Requests Tomato Basil Soup and Heathly Request Italian Wedding Soup. (I mix both cans and eat half of it, save the other half for the next night) I top it with a tablespoon of feta. ~ Really - try this - it's a wonderful meal!! 350ish calories

Before bedtime: Weight Watchers Candy Bar Icecream Bar 150 calories

I drink water through the day.

I have a pinch of this or that - salmon, chicken, carrots, etc when I'm making dinner for my husband and kids. This adds some more calories. I always feel full, too. Sometimes I add some spinich to my soup and carrots, too.

I can't wait to loose a few more lbs and be under 200! I really can't wait until I am down to 170!! One day at a time, though - I know this. So I can't focus on the big numbers, just try and get through the day with good habits.

I also work out at least 4 days, I try for 5 days a week. I spend a little over an hour in the gym working out, and then on weekends we, as a family, try and get a hike or two in, which is fun! I'm finding muscles I never knew I had and I love it. I think I'm actaully starting to like to work out - it's crazy - and don't quote me, but today, I'm excited to have had a good workout, and think I might go on a family hike before dinner tonite!

Let's inspire each other!! I love to be inspired, and I would be jazzed to help inspire someone else! Celebrate you! I celebrate me and it gets me excited!

Let's talk, keep in touch and hold ourselves accountable.

Peace to you all!!

Maggie

Morning: 2 cups Coffee with non-dairy creamer 15/30 calories

Late morning/Afternoon: 14oz protien shake, with liquid vitamins, banana, benefiber, skim milk, whey protien and carnation instant breakfast. 350ish calories

Evening: Cambells Healthy Requests Tomato Basil Soup and Heathly Request Italian Wedding Soup. (I mix both cans and eat half of it, save the other half for the next night) I top it with a tablespoon of feta. ~ Really - try this - it's a wonderful meal!! 350ish calories

Before bedtime: Weight Watchers Candy Bar Icecream Bar 150 calories

I drink water through the day.

I have a pinch of this or that - salmon, chicken, carrots, etc when I'm making dinner for my husband and kids. This adds some more calories. I always feel full, too. Sometimes I add some spinich to my soup and carrots, too.

Can I ask why pretty much everything you are consuming is in a liquid phase. Also, are you getting in at least 60 grams of protein a day?

You can ask anything you like :-)

The soup I'm eating is filled with little meatballs, carrots, spinich and little round pasta. It's pretty hardy, actaully. Also, as I said, when I cook for everyone else, I nibble on their protein.

This past weekend we had a bbq party, and I enjoyed some salmon, grillled veggies, hummus and guac with a few chips, too.

Both the shake and soup have protien - I probably get about 50 g a day between the two, plus anything else I eat.

Thanks for asking!

Peace,

Maggie

Just an idea for you this is what I do with my soups like that. They are hearty, but with the broth can still slide right through. So what I do is just eat the carrots, meat, etc...out of it and don't do the broth. I buy the healthy choice soups like the pot roast and old fashioned chicken noodle and they are really filling.

On an average day here is some of the things I might eat:

Breakfast - instant oatmeal, cottage cheese, or dry kashi go lean crunch

Lunch - nice salad with lots of hard boiled eggs and turkey, lunch meat with cheese and fruit, or soup, also like to do the small packs of tuna and applesauce, cottage cheese or veggies

Snacks - applesauce, cheese, or quaker mini delights 90 cal packs

Dinner - Weight Watchers or Lean Cuisine meal w/ a veggies, grilled fish or shrimp and veggies, or chicken dishes and veggies.

And YES I let myself have treats now and again. My main treat is Mexican food or after a good work out i'll let myself have some ice cream. Gotta enjoy yourself or you won't stick with it.

You can ask anything you like :-)

Whew - I was just concerned that maybe you were ingesting liquids because you couldn't get a decent amount of solids down which could mean you were too tight or you were trying to hurry the process along with liquids only.

I did get the same warning from my fill doctor that Shelby mentioned. Even though the soups are full of solids they still have liquid associated with them which can push things thru faster than they should be going for a bandster. Just something to keep in mind.

I usually don't finish the broth - although it's pretty thick. When I do eat the broth, I usually have that first, and then the bottom of my bowl is filled with the veggies, meatballs and pasta. I eat that - and it keeps me full until the next morning.

I have noticed that if I stay up late, I start getting a little hungry around 10:30ish - but I'm usually in bed before than - 2 small children who wake up around 5:30am - so I always go to bed full.

I'm really just not a morning eater. I've always been a late day/evening eater. So I make sure I get protien and vit's and all that with my protien shakes. That way I'm getting what I need, and not feeling like I'm forcing myself to eat. When I'm hungry, I usually eat something. It's a small protion, but it curbs that hunger, ya know.

How's everyone doing?

Peace,

Maggie

Sabrina,

I have a question. After receiving my fourth fill, which I still can eat just about the same as my third, how long did it take you to get to 180 after getting under 200. I am at 197-198 and I cant get it to BUDGE! I seem to go a good 3 weeks without nothing and then I will drop 5-6 lbs the next week. I am averaging about 6lbs a month. It might be me, but it just seems like the weight loss is coming to a HUGE HAULT......If I go a week and eat around 800 one day and 1200 the next back and forth I do ok, however if I eat one wrong thing, BAM, I am back up around a pound or two. It does have to be alot of something wrong................

Any suggestions?

Carrie

Same thing is happening to me. I don't lose for 2-3 weeks and then I drop 5 or 6 pounds suddenly. The only difference is it sounds like you can eat more than me. I'm having a hard time with most solids since my 4th fill (and then unfill) and you would think that with how little I eat, the weight would be coming off faster but I guess the opposite happens- my body hangs on to all the calories cause it's in starvation mode all the time. When I say starving, I'm not actually hungry (ever) but the body still needs fuel. This is not an ideal situation for me (very socially awkward and surely not healthy) so I would stick with a looser fill...you'll get there! From 200 to 184 took me about three months. I'm now stalling again:(

Sabrina,

I have a question. After receiving my fourth fill, which I still can eat just about the same as my third, how long did it take you to get to 180 after getting under 200. I am at 197-198 and I cant get it to BUDGE! I seem to go a good 3 weeks without nothing and then I will drop 5-6 lbs the next week. I am averaging about 6lbs a month. It might be me, but it just seems like the weight loss is coming to a HUGE HAULT......If I go a week and eat around 800 one day and 1200 the next back and forth I do ok, however if I eat one wrong thing, BAM, I am back up around a pound or two. It does have to be alot of something wrong................

Any suggestions?

Carrie

slightly off topic (ok - totally off topic)

I forgot my password for the little ticker guy and I can't figure out how to get 'help' with it. Anyone know?

I'm down to 200 now, and so excited that the 190's are just around the corner for me and want to post it!! :-)

Peace,

Maggie

Down to 200lbs! That's 49lbs lost!!!

slightly off topic (ok - totally off topic)

I forgot my password for the little ticker guy and I can't figure out how to get 'help' with it. Anyone know?

I'm down to 200 now, and so excited that the 190's are just around the corner for me and want to post it!! :-)

Peace,

Maggie

Down to 200lbs! That's 49lbs lost!!!

Sadly I can't ever get my password to work, so I just make a new one each time I update it. :huh: