throwing up at night

determination

For the last two nights I have been throwing up about 20 minutes after I fall asleep. It continues all through the night. I was having trouble with things getting stuck in my throat (or so I thought) and thought that maybe it was acid reflux. I bought prilosec and it seemed to work for 4 or 5 nights. Yesterday and today I have not been hardly able to get liquids down without problems. I was banded Dec. 15th, 2009. by Dr. Ortiz. I have lost 74lbs to date. I must say that I am worried that something is majorly wrong. I live in a very rural area. My family doctor knows that I have the lapband, but he also said that he is not educated in this procedure.

I have a very blocked feeling in my throat and a burning. I have had 3 fills since my surgery. The first fill was at the OCC, the last 2 have been with a nurse practioner in Lewiston, Idaho. They do not have fluro. I live in Enterprise, Oregon. What should I do? Is this something that I should come back to the OCC for? Is the surgery very expensive and/or can it be done at this time.

I am very miserable and do not enjoy going to sleep. It seems that the minute I go to sleep I start throwing up and it last all through the night. I have been worried that this would cause my band to slip. I work full time and do not know what to do about this and the lack of sleep. I did not eat anything today because it is so miserable to do so. During the night last night I tried to drink chicken broth, but it too came up.

I have experience the PB'ing. This is not that at all, at least I do not think so.

Also, financially would this be as expensive to have it taken care of? Would it be available to me the same day if I flew down?

Thank you so much for your help.

I love my lap band.

Sincerely,

Anne Melville

I'm willing to bet an unfill would take care of this. Start with that and go from there if your symptoms don't get better. Is it that you're throwing up or that you're sort of burping up stomach fluid? I've had the latter a couple of times when I'm too tight and an unfill has always taken care if it immediately.

OH my gosh Anne ~ is that you? YOU LOOK FANTASTIC girl!!!! I LOVE your new picture!

OK...got side tracked! Clynn may be right on this. But do call OCC for reassurance and to get this taken care of. I am concern of the fact that it is only when you lay down? Are you eating late at night? Are you stressed? What was the last thing you were eating/drinking? Guess what I am asking is what really trigger this on to you? Try any new food/drinks that may not agree with you? Did this recently happended, for the first time, and not before this issue?

I've noticed the past couple of weeks, that I am tight and it's a 'day to day' case with me as to what I can and can't have. Even drinking water had me clogged up in my throat region. I was guessing I was stressed out. I lay low for a bit and started over again and was able to drink water. So, I' basically started the 5-day pouch test and it's helping me. I figured, if it didn't, then OCC was going to get a call from me. BUT, I've haven't thrown up or anything...just the tight/clogged feeling only.

Let us know how you are doing!

Best to you...Jazzy!!

Thank you both for responding.

My latest fill was in April. This was my third fill. In the last 3 or so weeks I was beginning to feel like I needed a fill. I could have eaten anything. Just not a large amount.

I have had the experience of PB'ing when I have eaten too fast or something gets stuck. I cannot remember for the life of me what I ate Friday. But that night when I would just fall asleep, coughing would start and I would immediately uncontrollably have to grab something to catch it. I guess it is more like liquids. Anyway, that would go on all night. Saturday wasn't too much better except I realized that if I didn't lay down flat I didn't to the PB'ing.

There never was a lot like when someone would vomit. Yuk. Sorry.

I have finally been able to get some liquids down today. Yesterday I had a cream soup and jello and that worked. I guess I will go back to the week of liquids and see what happens.

It was very scary. I felt that something must have happened to my band.

Where I get my fills they do not have fluro. For my peace of mind, I may have to make a journey to OCC.

P.S. I have 1.9cc in a 4cc band.

OH my gosh Anne ~ is that you? YOU LOOK FANTASTIC girl!!!! I LOVE your new picture!

OK...got side tracked! Clynn may be right on this. But do call OCC for reassurance and to get this taken care of. I am concern of the fact that it is only when you lay down? Are you eating late at night? Are you stressed? What was the last thing you were eating/drinking? Guess what I am asking is what really trigger this on to you? Try any new food/drinks that may not agree with you? Did this recently happended, for the first time, and not before this issue?

I've noticed the past couple of weeks, that I am tight and it's a 'day to day' case with me as to what I can and can't have. Even drinking water had me clogged up in my throat region. I was guessing I was stressed out. I lay low for a bit and started over again and was able to drink water. So, I' basically started the 5-day pouch test and it's helping me. I figured, if it didn't, then OCC was going to get a call from me. BUT, I've haven't thrown up or anything...just the tight/clogged feeling only.

Let us know how you are doing!

Best to you...Jazzy!!

By the way, Thanks for the compliments!

For the last two nights I have been throwing up about 20 minutes after I fall asleep. It continues all through the night. I was having trouble with things getting stuck in my throat (or so I thought) and thought that maybe it was acid reflux. I bought prilosec and it seemed to work for 4 or 5 nights. Yesterday and today I have not been hardly able to get liquids down without problems. I was banded Dec. 15th, 2009. by Dr. Ortiz. I have lost 74lbs to date. I must say that I am worried that something is majorly wrong. I live in a very rural area. My family doctor knows that I have the lapband, but he also said that he is not educated in this procedure.

I have a very blocked feeling in my throat and a burning. I have had 3 fills since my surgery. The first fill was at the OCC, the last 2 have been with a nurse practioner in Lewiston, Idaho. They do not have fluro. I live in Enterprise, Oregon. What should I do? Is this something that I should come back to the OCC for? Is the surgery very expensive and/or can it be done at this time.

I am very miserable and do not enjoy going to sleep. It seems that the minute I go to sleep I start throwing up and it last all through the night. I have been worried that this would cause my band to slip. I work full time and do not know what to do about this and the lack of sleep. I did not eat anything today because it is so miserable to do so. During the night last night I tried to drink chicken broth, but it too came up.

I have experience the PB'ing. This is not that at all, at least I do not think so.

Also, financially would this be as expensive to have it taken care of? Would it be available to me the same day if I flew down?

Thank you so much for your help.

I love my lap band.

Sincerely,

Anne Melville

Hello Anne, how have you been feeling? Did you have this problem taken care of?

Bella