Back and on track

Hi Lovely People!

I was banded Feb 2008.

I have had some struggles over the last 16 months. I ended up getting pretty much a total unfill for about 6 months because I could not even swallow my own saliva - I would contantly vomit from it.

About 6 weeks ago I finally decided it would be time to try and get a fill again. I'm now with 1.4 cc's in a 4cc band. I've lost about 10 lbs since, and am pretty happy with it. I am back to working out at least 4 days a week and I now wear a Body Bugg to help keep track of my calorie intake/calories burned. It's pretty exicting.

Over the last 10 days, I'm at a standstill and it's frusterating. I have not lost any weight in the last 10 days - and I've really cut back my calories and watching what I'm eating.

I need a ltitle refresher, I think about how many calories I should be eating at day.

I also would love some words of encouragement and for others to share how you are doing.

Thanks!

Peace,

Maggie

Hey Maggie!

I just read a few posts on another lapband forum where folks are trying to "mix it up" a liitle bit to try to beat a plateau. It seems like the plan is go over 1200 calories a day on Mon, Wed, Fri (to like 1500-1800), and on Tues and Thurs severely limit calories to like 500 or so. Weekends are back to 1200. I'll keep you posted if they update their progress. I think I might try to do this. You have done great so far. Isn't the bodybugg cool? I love the food log--easy easy easy. Good luck to you!!

Hi Lovely People!

I was banded Feb 2007.

I have had some struggles over the last 16 months. I ended up getting pretty much a total unfill for about 6 months because I could not even swallow my own saliva - I would contantly vomit from it.

About 6 weeks ago I finally decided it would be time to try and get a fill again. I'm now with 1.4 cc's in a 4cc band. I've lost about 10 lbs since, and am pretty happy with it. I am back to working out at least 4 days a week and I now wear a Body Bugg to help keep track of my calorie intake/calories burned. It's pretty exicting.

Over the last 10 days, I'm at a standstill and it's frusterating. I have not lost any weight in the last 10 days - and I've really cut back my calories and watching what I'm eating.

I need a ltitle refresher, I think about how many calories I should be eating at day.

I also would love some words of encouragement and for others to share how you are doing.

Thanks!

Peace,

Maggie

I don't have much for suggestions, but wanted to say glad to have you back on the bandwagon!

Maggie, What an inspiration you are. You haven't given up even though you have definitely had some problems. You do show us that there isn't an excuse to totally quit. I imagine it was hard to get back on the program.

I do find that the days that I don't drink the water are some of the days that I don't lose, and also when I soft food. Soft foods go down so easy I also don't get full very fast.

Glad you are back. You now have a totally new topic to share about your struggles and how it made you feel to be off the program and now back.

Anne

Maggie,

That is great that you are trying to get back on track, it is hard for me sometimes to stay on track. I have never been a "sweet" eater but since being banded...WOW I have to drive around ice creams places...lol I think I could eat Ice Cream everyday and that is SO weird to me. I have NEVER been an ice cream eater...anyway...I try to not go over 1200 calories a day. I do mix it up. One day I try to eat close to 1200 and the next I will only try to eat 800. This of course does not happen everyday, If I do eat high calorie, I do eat low the next day. I have also heard that it is good to eat carbs early in the morning, so I have been eating Oatmeal (kinda liquidy) for breakfast and then protein bar for morning snack. This seems to have kick started me, I was at a stand still for about 3 weeks. It is so weird, what works for me, will not work for someone else.........I think you just have to try things out. I have went from 1200 calories everyday for a week and nothing, to 1000 caloires so on and so on. The "mixing up" seems to work the best.

Good Luck to you!~

Carrie

Thanks for all the kinds words, ladies!

I mistyped - I was banded in 2008 not 2007. I've corrected on the original post.

Anyway, I've lost a few lbs over the last 2 weeks, and while it's not much, it's something in the right direction!

I'm taking hikes, working out at the gym and eating less.

Can somone remind me - I forget how many calories we are supposed to be eating. I know we are to eat less than someone without a band, but I can't remember how much less.

• 2 weeks later...

Just another update -

I'm doing so great - this past week I lost 4lbs! I've been consistantly loosing 2lbs a week, but this week it's 4lbs!! I'm so excited! I am going to reach my goal - and see how I feel there. Perhaps I'll decide I need to loose 10lbs more, who knows. No matter what, I know I am getting much healthier, and every week I have just a bit more confidence in myself - knowing that I CAN do this and I AM doing this! I've now lost 18lbs since the middle of June when I got my fill.

I'm heading out in a bit for our Sunday morning Family Hike! I'm so excited for it!!

Peace,

Maggie

Just another update -

I'm doing so great - this past week I lost 4lbs! I've been consistantly loosing 2lbs a week, but this week it's 4lbs!! I'm so excited! I am going to reach my goal - and see how I feel there. Perhaps I'll decide I need to loose 10lbs more, who knows. No matter what, I know I am getting much healthier, and every week I have just a bit more confidence in myself - knowing that I CAN do this and I AM doing this! I've now lost 18lbs since the middle of June when I got my fill.

I'm heading out in a bit for our Sunday morning Family Hike! I'm so excited for it!!

Peace,

Maggie

Go Maggie!!!

• 1 month later...

Thanks ladies! I am down a few more lbs. Not much, but down, and I'll take it!

I've started Rowing at the gym, and it's fun - great workout, and fun to mix it up. I'm going to take a Zumba class next week, too!

how's everyone else doing?