6 more days of liquids

Hi Everyone, I have only 6 more days of liquids to go until I can have solid food again...YAY!!! I am so excited. My wedding anniversary is only 11 days away and my husband was either thinking of going to Ruths Chris or the Melting Pot... does anyone think one of these will be better than the other? I am a little bit concerned because these foods are a bit hard to chew and I will only be on solids for 5 days, is this enough time to get used to eating again?

My suggestion is seafood! One of my first meals was salmon and that is light and soft and goes down easy. Either that or Italian - I did pasta one night which is a slider food so you don't want to do that on a regular basis, but your chances of getting stuck are rare so that is good.

Just take it slow and eat slow and chew well and you will be just fine! Have fun!

Hi Everyone, I have only 6 more days of liquids to go until I can have solid food again...YAY!!! I am so excited. My wedding anniversary is only 11 days away and my husband was either thinking of going to Ruths Chris or the Melting Pot... does anyone think one of these will be better than the other? I am a little bit concerned because these foods are a bit hard to chew and I will only be on solids for 5 days, is this enough time to get used to eating again?

I'm only on day 2 of the liquid diet. How did you do? Today is better than yesterday. I got pretty hungry toward evening even though I had a lot of liquids throughout the day. I just don't want to feel hungry so today I am going to use a lot of Benefiber in my liquids. Hopefully that will curb the hunger. So far so good today.

I'm only on day 2 of the liquid diet. How did you do? Today is better than yesterday. I got pretty hungry toward evening even though I had a lot of liquids throughout the day. I just don't want to feel hungry so today I am going to use a lot of Benefiber in my liquids. Hopefully that will curb the hunger. So far so good today.

Don't forget about milk - it has protein in it which helps with hunger, as do the protein waters.

Don't forget about milk - it has protein in it which helps with hunger, as do the protein waters.

Dr. Miranda told me I can't have milk until the full liquids phase. I can use non-dairy creamer (powder) instead, she said. She said milk will give me diareah at this stage. Apparently that has not been your experience?

I was also told no Milk while you were on liquids. Dont forget to try popsiciles to. I went through a period of when my stomache would growl but then I wasn't hungry. It is hard but you can do it. Its better when you get to the second week of creamy soups and liquid yogurt.

I was just able to eat for the first time today. Can you give me some suggestions on what to eat for breakfast food or stuff to try.

Before I started getting fills I could pretty much eat whatever. I love doing the weight control oatmeal from Quaker it's really filling. I also do cereal but eat it dry. Eggbeaters and a good hearty toast are great too. I can't do toast anymore, but eggs are stll fine. I know some folks put peanut butter on their toast too for a little added protein. I'll also throw some shredded cheese in my eggbeaters and cubed ham and make a little omelet. Haven't tried ham in it since my last fill not sure if it will go down now that early in the AM, but I might try it again. Protein shakes are also always good, but I get hungry faster on those.

Good luck!