Band FREE

Well friends on the forum,

It's time to say goodbye.

After 3 years, I decided to have my band free.

With some prayer and some luck, my insurance covered my removal.

It's been a tough 3 years and thank you so much for this forum for helping me through the hard times.

Aside from being sore, I'm ok. Just groggy. Sure hurts more when it comes out, that's for sure!

Hopefully my days of burping are gone! I am ready to feel better now.

I still believe in the lapband. It just didn't work for me. I guess I was in that 1-2% who's body reject the band.

Also, I learned a lot about eating and my own digestive system.

Eating healthy and eating LESS is the only "weigh" you will ever loose weight!!!!

You can cheat this band!

That is for sure.

I know I did.

Remember...sugar goes down really easy.

Happy to say...I've lost 13 pounds in about 7 weeks, but it was by total calorie restriction and will power. It's really hard.

Don't forget...excersize. Because when that weight starts going down, those muscles start working (finally) and they really do help with the fat reduction process.

Take care Bandsters.

Best of luck to all of you!

Your friend,

Michele

Oh, I am so sorry to hear that Michele, but hopefully you will be able to use what you've learned to help you through and keep losing. Sounds like you gave it your best shot, but it just wasn't for you. I wish you well.

Red

Well friends on the forum,

It's time to say goodbye.

After 3 years, I decided to have my band free.

With some prayer and some luck, my insurance covered my removal.

It's been a tough 3 years and thank you so much for this forum for helping me through the hard times.

Aside from being sore, I'm ok. Just groggy. Sure hurts more when it comes out, that's for sure!

Hopefully my days of burping are gone! I am ready to feel better now.

I still believe in the lapband. It just didn't work for me. I guess I was in that 1-2% who's body reject the band.

Also, I learned a lot about eating and my own digestive system.

Eating healthy and eating LESS is the only "weigh" you will ever loose weight!!!!

You can cheat this band!

That is for sure.

I know I did.

Remember...sugar goes down really easy.

Happy to say...I've lost 13 pounds in about 7 weeks, but it was by total calorie restriction and will power. It's really hard.

Don't forget...excersize. Because when that weight starts going down, those muscles start working (finally) and they really do help with the fat reduction process.

Take care Bandsters.

Best of luck to all of you!

Your friend,

Michele

MS MICHELE.

I'M SORRY TO HEAR YOU HAD TO GET "HER" REMOVED, A HUGE PLUS THE INSURANCE KICKED IN THOUGH. YIPPIEEEE. I KNOW HOW HARD YOU'VE STRUGGLED WITH HER FROM DAY ONE, YOU TRIED EVERYTHING TO NO AVAIL. PLEASE KEEP IN TOUCH :)

PAM

Michele,

I was only banded a month and a half ago and I cannot imagine life without the band. So, I cannot imagine what you are going through. I'm so sorry it didn't work out for you. Be proud of yourself. You gave it a try. The right tool is out there for you.. even if it is support from friends and family. Good luck on this new chapter for you.

Karen

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind words.

I'm two weeks post removal of "her".

I asked to keep her, but they wouldn't let me.

Here's a sad story....

SCAR TISSUE

Yes it's there and it builds up around that band and when you band comes out, that scar tissue is still there and it is hard and it has to find a home. So my scar tissue ended up sitting right below my large scar. The one where the inserted the port and the place they also cut to take it out.

Ugly.

The scar tissue, hard to explain, sits low hard and tight. While the skin above it hangs and is loose. You know the fat rolls on your back? Think of having one of those right over your port.

I cried when I went into the office today. I was my follow up visit from my surgery 2 weeks ago. I was kinda hoping they had left something in me and they just take it out and make that ugly roll go away. But they got it all out and the doctor started telling me about the scar tissue and I started to cry.

My skin is beautiful. And tan. And now....it is gross to me.

The good news is I wasn't running around in a bikini then and won't be now!

The doctor says as the scar tissue softens I may see a flatter surface. Maybe I can't wear as tight blouses. I've kinda been enjoying that.

Well I've been cheating for the past week because I haven't been able to exercise but now that I've got the doc's permission to back to the gym...I'm going! Fully clothed of course!

Thanks for listening.

July 2006: Preband-173

June 2009: Start medi weight loss-169

NO band-156 (7 weeks)

Goal.....130

(2 lbs a week x 13 weeks = 26 lbs!!!!

Target date.....Novemeber 2!

Good Night