My First Fill

Hey All,

So I just went back to OCC for my first fill yesterday. I got 3cc's put in. I'm on full liquids for three days and I don't feel any restriction at all. Does everyone else get put on liquids for 3 days after their fill too? They told me that it can take a couple weeks to feel some type of restriction so hopefully it comes but if not, then work harder till my second fill. Anyone felt like this after their first fill? I was just kinda hoping for better restriction bcuz I haven't lost any weight in the past three weeks since being on solids and I really can eat anything!

Hey All,

So I just went back to OCC for my first fill yesterday. I got 3cc's put in. I'm on full liquids for three days and I don't feel any restriction at all. Does everyone else get put on liquids for 3 days after their fill too? They told me that it can take a couple weeks to feel some type of restriction so hopefully it comes but if not, then work harder till my second fill. Anyone felt like this after their first fill? I was just kinda hoping for better restriction bcuz I haven't lost any weight in the past three weeks since being on solids and I really can eat anything!

I'm in the same situation as you. No weight loss and no restriction. They keep telling me to hang in there. So I am. I go in for my 2nd fill this Friday, in the mean time, I keep working on the rules.

My doctor does 72 hours of liquids after a fill as well. I didn't feel restriction until many fills down the road. Don't let that discourage you, you and the band can and will still succeed even without restriction.

Slow and steady with some pure determination thrown in wins the race!

Agreed don't let it get to you! It took me several fills to get any restriction. My first two fills it was 24 hours of mushies then on to softer foods, then after that it was just take it easy softer foods for the rest of the day and then I could eat whatever.

Use this time to start practicing "the rules". As I said in another thread this is the time to do it b/c once you have restriction there is no time to practice and it's PB city!

Stick with it - your restriction will come I promise!

I agree with the other girls. If you read the bottom of most everyones posts, you will see that most people have 3, 4, or more fills. It takes a while to get there but the payoff is wonderful once you do. Stick to the rules of protein, veggies, fruit and the carb and you will do fine. Good luck.

dawn

• 1 month later...
Agreed don't let it get to you! It took me several fills to get any restriction. My first two fills it was 24 hours of mushies then on to softer foods, then after that it was just take it easy softer foods for the rest of the day and then I could eat whatever.

Use this time to start practicing "the rules". As I said in another thread this is the time to do it b/c once you have restriction there is no time to practice and it's PB city!

Stick with it - your restriction will come I promise!

Hi There,

What are the "rules" and what is PB'ing?