What A Day

I met my fill doctor at 7 am this morning for a slight unfill. I e-mailed him on Monday b/c my food was hanging around in my pouch for hours and I knew something was up. He took out .3 cc's and it has made all the difference in the world.

I had a new outfit all picked out to wear today but when I put the pants on they almost fell off of me, so I had to quickly change outfits and discovered that those pants were too big as well, but I wore them anyway. I had never worn the first pair I put on so they will be exchanged, but I had worn the second pair, so I will be doing a little remake of those. My boss caught me trying to roll up the waistband of my pants so that they didn't drag the floor and sag in the butt - but it didn't work.

I told my fill doctor that I was going to the walk-in clinic at my regular doctor's today because I thought I had poison ivy. He asked to see it and confirmed that I did indeed have poison ivy and told me the over the counter stuff to get. I kept closing off my cubicle today to doctor the spots as they are all over the back of my legs - I know tomorrow isn't Friday but I am wearing shorts anyway for easier access. Word to the wise, if you have a lovely paved or graveled walking trail provide by the Army Corp of Engineers stay on it and do not venture off of it just because you wonder where those nature made step will lead. Take it from me, they lead no where exciting and will only expose you to a very itchy and miserable experience within a week.

Returned my extra 14 swimsuits today - poor girl that did the return looked exhausted after she finished. Saw another lady there buying size 10 clothes - that was nice as it gave me a visual for the size that I am and I think I like it.

Discovered that a lot of 60 year-old plus men hang out in the pharmacy isle where the anti-itch stuff is located - not sure I want to know what that is all about. Also found out that there is only one kind of Benedryl and that it is for more than runny noses, itchy eyes, etc. If only I had known this last night I would have already had a hit.

Stopped in at Dress Barn to return a pair of pants and came out with another pair of pants and 3 winter sweaters/jackets. Their winter clothes from last year are on clearance. I paid about $15 for each item I purchased. Yes, I am cold all of the time and ready to wear some winter sweaters. I ran my space heater at work all day. Usually I turn it off around 2 or 3 in the afternoon, but not today.

Scheduled my blood work to have my Vit. D, Vit. B12 and Iron levels checked next week - thank goodness they are going to do them all at the same time. Also scheduled my follow-up appt. for 2 weeks later - please let me stop taking some of these pills.

Something tells me I am missing something, but I am ready for a it of Benedryl an itch free night of sleep.

Goodnight!

Now I remember what it was, when he first did the barium swallow to see if I was too tight, he got a horrible look on his face as based on the way the barium went down he was afraid my band had eroded my stomach. He changed the angle of the picture taking machine and by doing that he could tell that there was no erosion - Whew!

Discovered that a lot of 60 year-old plus men hang out in the pharmacy isle where the anti-itch stuff is located - not sure I want to know what that is all about. Also found out that there is only one kind of Benedryl and that it is for more than runny noses, itchy eyes, etc. If only I had known this last night I would have already had a hit.

You are freakin' hilarious! Great post--thank you for the laugh!! :lol:

My sister and I were banded a little over a year ago and we have both done well. The hard part is we can't really visualize what size we are. I am a size 10/12 but still see myself as a 18/20. My sister had a great idea that everyone should have to walk around with their size marked on them that way we could get a better idea of what size we truly are.. But no way in hell would I agree to wear my size...

Shy

Saw another lady there buying size 10 clothes - that was nice as it gave me a visual for the size that I am and I think I like it.

I have a cardiology appt in a couple weeks and i'm gonna ask her to do bloodwork again. I've always bruised really easy, but now my bruises are not going away for like 3 weeks so i'm guessing i've got an iron issue but we shall see.

Hope your itching stops! I feel you on the space heater - everyone thinks my office feels like the 5th ring of hell it's so hot but to me it feels great. I was always very cold blooded before but now as I lose I am freezing all the time! My boss makes fun of me telling me if I wasn't all skinny it wouldn't be an issue, but I had to assure him that is not true!

My sister and I were banded a little over a year ago and we have both done well. The hard part is we can't really visualize what size we are. I am a size 10/12 but still see myself as a 18/20. My sister had a great idea that everyone should have to walk around with their size marked on them that way we could get a better idea of what size we truly are.. But no way in hell would I agree to wear my size...

Shy

That made me laugh and I really do like the idea of people being marked with their clothes size. There are a lot of people that I look at and wonder what size they are just so I can compare myself, not in a condescending way, but in an educational way. Of course we would have to come up with some kind of exemption for people, although right now I would be happy to post a size 10 on my back.

everyone thinks my office feels like the 5th ring of hell it's so hot but to me it feels great.

I have never heard that statement before, but I like it. I think I will post the following sign outside of my cubicle.

WARNING!

You are now entering the 5th ring of hell.

Be prepared for a major temperature change.

Oh yeah! It's funny when my staff walks in my office they start waving their hand in front of their face complaining it is too hot. I think it feels great but I have to turn the heater off when we have a meeting so they aren't sweating to death.

I have a cardiology appt in a couple weeks and i'm gonna ask her to do bloodwork again. I've always bruised really easy, but now my bruises are not going away for like 3 weeks so i'm guessing i've got an iron issue but we shall see.

Sometimes bruising is associated with decreased Vitamin K level. Just puttin' it out there-- :)