Pain meds after surgery?

SuzeeQ

Hi everyone!

I am scheduled for surgery on 8/18/09. I am just curious to know what type of pain meds they gives you after surgery and what they prescribe for you to take home. Just kinda scared of being in pain on the flight home. I truely hate flying and being in pain would make it so much worse!

Thanks a lot!

Hey SuzeeQ!

We (teenage daughter and myself) were banded Feb '08 and received a small box with 4 or 5 tablets of a pain killer called Supradol. From the net, "Supradol--A potent NSAID (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug) to relieve moderately severe, acute pain for short term therapy (maximum 5 days)." It worked well for us. We both have a few pills left, where we didn't need all of them. Good luck to you on 8/18!!

Hi everyone!

I am scheduled for surgery on 8/18/09. I am just curious to know what type of pain meds they gives you after surgery and what they prescribe for you to take home. Just kinda scared of being in pain on the flight home. I truely hate flying and being in pain would make it so much worse!

Thanks a lot!

Hey SuzieQ I am also having surgery on the 18th... Probably see you there!

Angie

i didn't find the pain bad flying back (i had a 6+ hr flight), it was the gas that was reeeeeeally uncomfortable.

Make sure you bring soup with you - or you'll end up not eating at the airport. there's nothing there that can be considered clear.

You should bring clear broth with you - like knorr soup mix (not the cream) for broth.