Potassium while on liquids

GregNE

I am 7 days post-op, and I have had difficulty finding ways to get all of my potassium required during my clear and full liquid stages. I have had occasional leg cramps, which indicates to me my need for additional potassium. The best option I have found is orange juice, but was wondering if anyone else experienced this.

Also, the supplements available only offer 3% of the US RDA, while the OJ offers 8% per glass.

Greg

Greg, I bought the potassium tablets at the local health food store and whenever I have problems with cramps I pop one in my mouth and under my toungue and let it sit for a bit so it gets in my blood stream quick. Then I chew it real fine and wash down with water. I get relief within 30 seconds to 2 minutes this way but I only take it if I feel these type of symptoms coming on. They usually happen at night for me so I have a dose handy for quick relief and you won't have reoccurrances so soon as your body gets a good shot of it that lasts.. This happens once to twice a month for me. Only take it when I need it.

Best of luck on liquids it is not the easiest thing to do. Kevin