A few questions

Hi,

I just got my first fill from fillcenterusa. (This is my second fill) I was provided a book and it said that my meals should be 1/4 of a cup three times a day. I have been trying to follow it, but I do find that I am getting hungry. The book also said that I should be getting 60 grams of protein each day and needed to buy a protein supplement. I have been trying to follow this, but I feel like eating that little of food would be really bad for my metabolism.

This might seem like a silly question, but I am trying to figure out what feeling full means. I know the feeling of being stuffed or can't possibly eat another bite, but I know that that is not the functional defintion of full. How would you describe being full? I am afraid that if I eat too much I will stretch out my pouch, but I really don't know how to gage this. Lately, I stop eating when I feel like I could eat more.

I appreciate any insight that anyone can give me.

Thank you!

Were you banded at OCC? 1/4 of a cup sounds wayyyyy too small of an amount to me. Some say a cup at a time and others say just 1/3 of what you used to eat. My fill doctor says I should be able to eat about the equivalent of one Weight Watchers or Lean Cuisine meal. So i'd double check your information that sounds way too small!

Yes, I was banded at the OCC. I recall that they said 1/3 of what I used to eat too. I just felt a little confused as to why the information is so different. I can't see eating 3/4 cup of food all day could be healthy. I want to do this the right way. :)

There is no way you can eat in a healthy manner when you only eat 3/4 a cup a day. I think a cup of food per meal is about what most doctors recommend.

For me, I know I am full when I am simply satisfied. Don't shoot for that stuffed feeling, just shoot for being comfortable and satisfied.

This is a tough question/answer.

We all eat what we feel is the right amount for us. I usally end up eating about 3/4 cup per meal, with the occasional snack. If I cook a healthy choice meal or similar, I don't always finish it. I always go for the protien first, though. I always have a protien shake for breakfast (after my workout) In the shake alone I get about 30 grams of protien - that's a low estimate.

Some days I feel full after just 3 bites of a meal. I stop eating when I feel full. Also, I eat much slower. I found that if I eat slower my 'full' button is noticed ealier than if I ate a bit faster, and then all the sudden I'm too full. I HATE that feeling now. So I always wait. If I feel hungry about 15 minutes later, then I get some veggies or something. For the most part I can tell how much I should eat. But some days I get full super fast - and let that just be.

Your band is differnt during times like your period, etc - you can feel more tight, and full faster during the week before, during or after... we are all differnt.

Good LUCK!