My First Fill

(((((((((((((((((((((Hugs Everyone))))))))))))))))))))))))

Today was my first fill. My surgery was over 2.5 months ago but since my husband and I did a major relocation (we moved from San Francisco to Dallas) I postponed my first fill until now.

Dana was fab and gave me info on a local fill doctor. I'm very happy.

The doctor's (Dr. Jay) nurse gave me his lapband packet for a reference, which was a great refresher. Especially since I had packed Dr. Ortiz's info away and I don't have access to the box...yikes!

The fill process was much simpler than I thought it was going to be. I was in what looked like a surgery room. I laid on a table, my stomach was X-Rayed and during the fill I drank the chaulky liquid. The liquid had no taste...like water, but the texture was chaulky.

I received 1.5 cc. I was told to do clear liquids today and begin full liquids for a week.

I was up a bit from my lowest home weigh of 224. Today I was 235 but I was weighed with boots and jeans on. Also, I will admit that I've been in what I can only call a relapse. For about 3 weeks I've broken every lap band rule possible. One after another after another after another, so all things considered, I'm pleased with 235 and I know it will only go down from there.

I'm motivated today and I'm ready to go back to the rules and really take care of the band.

BTW, I remember someone posted Dr. Ortiz gave them a Realize Band so I assumed I had one too. The doctor confirmed today I did have a "lap band" not the Johnson and Johnson Realize Band.

Onward and upward.

Hi, Robyn!! I just want to say that you are an inspiration to me. Even when you feel like you've broken every lap-band rule that there is, you aren't afraid of taking responsibility for that and you get right back on the forum again. Good for you, girl!

I have my first fill scheduled for tomorrow afternoon, so your post is *definately* helpful to me. Thank you for giving me an idea of what's going to happen.

I appreciate you and your wonderfully honest (sometimes painstakingly so) posts.

Hi, Robyn!! I just want to say that you are an inspiration to me. Even when you feel like you've broken every lap-band rule that there is, you aren't afraid of taking responsibility for that and you get right back on the forum again. Good for you, girl!

I have my first fill scheduled for tomorrow afternoon, so your post is *definately* helpful to me. Thank you for giving me an idea of what's going to happen.

I appreciate you and your wonderfully honest (sometimes painstakingly so) posts.

((((((((((((((((((((((Luna)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Thank you for your post. You are a sweetheart. You'll be in my thoughts tomorrow. Where are you having your fill?

((((((((((((((((((((((Luna)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Thank you for your post. You are a sweetheart. You'll be in my thoughts tomorrow. Where are you having your fill?

I'm having my fill at the Fill Centers USA facility in Salt Lake City, UT. Not all Fill Centers USA have flouro, but the facility in SLC does, so I'm having it done there (with flouro, of course).

I'm going to be there for my Scentsy convention, so I'm totally killing two birds with one stone! Woo-hooo!!

Hi Robbyn, :-h

I haven't seen you on for a while. How do you like Dallas so far?

I can definitely understand what a transition it can be with relocating.

Have you noticed any restriction with the fill yet? I had my first fill on July 2nd and

then had to have 2nd fill on July 30th. I didn't feel restriction...

Did you have the Doc numb you before inserting the needle?

I was chicken so I had him numb me both times.

I would love if my Doc did the Floro, but he doesn't.

Take Care,

Hugs,

Kristi

Robbyn,

I don't post much but did wonder what happened to you. I was missing your inspiration. Thank you for the honesty. This band has been hard for me, sometimes I regret having it but then I look at the weight I have KEPT off!

question about fill rules??

you were told to do clear liquids today and begin full liquids for a week. That seems drastic..

Yesterday I went in to have my band checked, food was getting stuck and I was getting a night cough. So I just figured I was too tight. Well everything was OK. Band @ right angle, no swelling, no pouch enlargement. (they didn't even charge me!) Seems I don't have the chew thing down or small bites need to slow down.... What a hard habit to break!!!!

I was told (given handout: "Stay on the full liquid diet for 2 days. The gradually try mushy or soft foods before resuming solid food. This will allow swelling to resolve."

I wonder what does OCC tell you? so many different rules...I didn't know that after a PB episode to go back to full liquids for two days. Until I asked on this site. I guess that is the down side of not really having any aftercare.

Thinking of going to a support group but what I really need is education. My new mission. If I am going to have this object in me I best know how to treat it!

again Robbyn welcome back. :-h

D.

Hi everyone...I have had a great post op period and now feel no restriction. I am planning my first fill but the appointment I was given coincides with a day I am having people over in the evening. I wondered if anyone has had enough discomfort or problems after the fill to not be able to have company over the same day...appreciate the help

Thx

Hi everyone...I have had a great post op period and now feel no restriction. I am planning my first fill but the appointment I was given coincides with a day I am having people over in the evening. I wondered if anyone has had enough discomfort or problems after the fill to not be able to have company over the same day...appreciate the help

Thx

You shouldn't have any problems as long as your fill isn't too tight. Your only challenge is that you will be on full liquids for a couple of days (intructions from OCC) so you just can't eat with your friends/company you will have over.

xoxo,

lea

Hey Robbyn!

You look fabulous! So glad you liked Dr. Jay. They are all great there! Just so you know, I tested the OCC after fill rules and Dr. Jay's. I did much better being on liquids for a week. I was still swollen after a couple days and food just did not work. I know it is personal preference but I like the week of liquids.

So glad you are in town now!! Can't wait to see you!

You shouldn't have any problems as long as your fill isn't too tight. Your only challenge is that you will be on full liquids for a couple of days (intructions from OCC) so you just can't eat with your friends/company you will have over.

xoxo,

lea

Thanks for the help Lea. My husband is making a BBQ!!!! So, there is no way I was going to eat what he makes anyway!! I am quite happy with my soups and yogurt so far. I wont mind a week of only liquids.