First fill question

Are fills painful? I hate needles and I get tense when they are inserted. What can I expect?

My first fill is Thursday August 13th

For me.. I have had two fills. 1 did not hurt and the other did. Not much help here Im afraid. They are not supposed to hurt. The barium they make you drink is gross but managable.

I've had 5 and none of mine hurt. I'm not a baby with shots but not a tough guy by any means. Just don't watch them do it. There was some pressure as they pushed it into my port, but it wasn't painful just pressure.

It doesn't hurt as bad as surgery..... Just keep in mind your GOAL and how a little needle poke will help get you on the road to success. Plus don't look....that always helps. :D

As a person who does not like needles at all I must say the fills, I have had two, are nothing to worry about. I did not watch the insertion of the needle but was able to look after the insertion. Actually with the scope, barium and needle operation it was somewhat fascinating to see. Very minor pain on start of insertion that's all.