Day 4 of solids

Red

Hi guys,

I'm day 4 on solids and I'm worrying if I am going to over eat because I have no restriction yet. I can eay anything and don't have any issues. I've been eating healthy, just too much, I think. I have a protein drink for breakfast to get a big dose of protein to start my day, then for lunch I had a small scoop of non-fat cottege cheese with 2 of those Krab sticks (fish made to look like crab), and for dinner I had a small spinach salad, cooked spinach and turkey chili. However, I had a bowl of chili, not a "cup" of chili. I also had some almonds during the day for snack and a couple of low fat mozarella string cheese sticks. I felt comfortable, but not stuffed. I doubt that I'm going to be able to keep off that 11 pounds I lost during the 21 days post surgery. But with no restriction, I just don't feel like I can eat a cup of food total per meal and not feel like I'm starving. Advice?

Red

just make healthy food choices.

stay AWAY from processed foods (pre-packaged, etc) .. and empty caloric foods (like those 'krab sticks' .. ugh)

Good rule of thumb: if you don't know what's in it, don't eat it.

Just keep in mind, that the pre-op diet is low carb - and now that you're back to eating carbohydrates & liquids, your body will hang on to those, which will be reflected on the scale.

It's not actual weight gain you're seeing, it's WATER.

Start exercising & eating well - and stop watching the scale.

:)

Only thing I can tell you is to eat really slow. I did and it helped me a lot - got full much faster. Also, measure your food out and only put so much on your plate and when that is gone you are done. Utilize benefiber, fiber choice, etc...to tide you over b/t meals.

Chances are you will gain some of it back...sorry! You were on liquids for so long and after you move to solids it's like your body says oh hell...i'd better hold on to all of this in case she does that again! It's like those times when I would get a cold or something and i'd drop like 5lbs but then when I got to feeling better and eating normal again i'd gain it all back.

I lost 11 during the 21 days and at my first fill was at 7 lost and they were amazed saying most folks gain it all back. Don't let it get to ya - do what you are supposed to do and stick w/ the plan and it will come off eventually.