need encouragement

i promised myself i wouldn't be one of those bandsters who complained about not losing anything, but i just can't take it anymore.

I've been banded 6 months and haven't lost more than an handful of pounds since getting of liquids. I've had 3 fills and one unfill. I'm at the point where i'm just so discouraged that i feel like i did before the surgery. after my last fill 2 months ago i was so tight i couldn't eat without throwing up for hours after. i ended up get an unfill which was supposed to be just .2 but i'm seriously thinking they messed up and did a complete unfill. it's been pretty much my own mind that's stopping unhealthy food from coming into my body. i've managed to stay motivated and maintain healthy eating and exercise habits since i decided to get this surgery in January, but the last few weeks have really messed with my mind and i find not thinking mindlessly eating again. i've tried to schedule an appointment with my fill doctor, but he's not able to me in for a few weeks.

i really just need some words of encouragement at this point and some hope that this will actually work for at some point soon. my parents, who helped me pay for this surgery, are starting to think the surgery was a waste of their money and i'm sick of keeping up a hopeful and optimistic attitude when i'm starting to think that way too.

i promised myself i wouldn't be one of those bandsters who complained about not losing anything, but i just can't take it anymore.

I've been banded 6 months and haven't lost more than an handful of pounds since getting of liquids. I've had 3 fills and one unfill. I'm at the point where i'm just so discouraged that i feel like i did before the surgery. after my last fill 2 months ago i was so tight i couldn't eat without throwing up for hours after. i ended up get an unfill which was supposed to be just .2 but i'm seriously thinking they messed up and did a complete unfill. it's been pretty much my own mind that's stopping unhealthy food from coming into my body. i've managed to stay motivated and maintain healthy eating and exercise habits since i decided to get this surgery in January, but the last few weeks have really messed with my mind and i find not thinking mindlessly eating again. i've tried to schedule an appointment with my fill doctor, but he's not able to me in for a few weeks.

i really just need some words of encouragement at this point and some hope that this will actually work for at some point soon. my parents, who helped me pay for this surgery, are starting to think the surgery was a waste of their money and i'm sick of keeping up a hopeful and optimistic attitude when i'm starting to think that way too.

Gosh Babe,

I am not going to be able to advise you because I'm just 4-5 weeks banded. One thing I will say is that if I were you, I would call the OCC (that's where you had it done, right?) and tell Dr. Ortiz what is going on with you. I'm sure they would be very helpful and would be able to advise you best. I know that I plan on calling them whenever I have issues that this forum can't answer for me. You paid a lot of money and you also have a lot invested emotionally in your band. You shouldn't have to make excuses to your parents or sound optimistic when you don't feel that way. Just pick up the phone and see what Dr. O advises and perhaps he can get you on the right track. I would be prepared to tell him what and how much you are eating, what type of exercise you are doing and how often, etc. I'm sure he will ask you that and will be able to give you some help. Sorry you are having to go through this!

Red

I agree I would call the OCC and chat w/ Dr. M or Dr. O and see what is up. They might have unfilled you more, so I would go back to basics like we did before we had fills. Doing all those little tricks we were told to keep full. Also make sure you are counting your calories and journaling your food. I journal every day and although i've been staying under my calories, I noticed there for a while I was eating way too many carbs and not getting fruits and veggies in.

Sorry you are going through that but I would contact the doctors and see what they think. Good luck!

I would recommend getting a fluoro done. This is one of the reasons I HATE blind fills and unfills, if done improperly, they can set you back MONTHS!

been there done that and I truly believe it is why I am still at this plateau

you have done great with the weight you have lost. everyone loses differently

xoxo

I totally agree with all = 1) call OCC and chat with them of your situation and 2) get back to bandster's basics.

You've paid darn good money to have this band NOT to continue with your weight loss thus far! You've lost 36 36 lbs already, thanks to the band! Now like Lisa says, everyone is going to be different and this may be your time your body needs cathcing up with your weight loss. Give it some time, keep the mindset and focus. Journal your food everyday like Shelby says ~ I do...every day! I use SparkPeole food tracker to plan my weekly menus and if I go overboard with the calories, then I simply adjust to get in the range I need to be in. Then I put this menu on my big kitchen calendar on the fridge and buy for the week only. This is a big major help. Then I plan my fitness for the week too. Make sure you get in your daily water intake too. It's all in the re-learning process of eating healthier...

Chin up and smile sweetie - forget the past...start today and keep the faith ~ YOU CAN DO THIS!

I BELIEVE IN YOU ~ Jazzy!!

thanks everyone for your feedback and support. i'm going to give the OCC a call tomorrow and see what they say. i can't really afford a fluoro right now, so that will have to wait. i'm going to focus on the bandster basics. i've been using Fitday.com for months, but haven't been as dedicated the last few weeks. i hope that with these changes and hopefully another fill soon, i'll be on the losing track again.