Bummed

I had lost 11 pounds on my 21 day post surgery liquid diet. I was really excited about that and then boom, a week later I weighed myself and since going on solids, I have gained 4 of it back. I will have my first fill on Tuesday and I hope that gives me some restriction to help me out because I definitely don't get full very easily at the moment. I know I am being silly, but that little devil voice in the back of my head keeps telling me I'm not going to lose weight and that I am going to fail. I know I just have to perserve!

Red

Red,

You're right in the middle of bandster hell time, it happens. Just make sure you are measuring your food and focused on eating bandster style. You'll do fine.

I find that I can gain between 5 to 6 pounds really easily even now. Most of it is water and muscle weight. I think its just part of who we are – so I try not to focus on it if I’m doing the right things. (Now if I’m not exercising and eating crappy foods, then I know I “deserve” to gain the weight. And then I just jump back on the band wagon and start focusing on eating right).

Your first fill will help you learn to “feel” your band – but remember it often takes a few before you hit your sweat spot.

Don’t sweat the small ones and stay focused on your success!

Lisa

This is so normal. If you look at my ticker, I lost 19 pounds on the 21 days of liquids and then gained five back as well. It came off again pretty quickly once I started getting fills. I've gained that same five pounds back a couple times in between fills as well. In fact, I'm up 4 right now but not worried. It always comes off (and then some) as soon as I get the right fill. Don't stress. Stay positive!

Sabrina:)

Same here. Lisa's right - staying focused on portions and your general food intake is ideal. Also, it took me three fills to finally feel restricted.

You can do this - we're all cheering for you.

STOP RIGHT NOW with the negative feelings! If you think you can't succeed, you're right, you won't! Sweetheart...as Lisa said, you're in 'Bandster Hell' and this is all so normal. As all have said, stay focus and continue to measure your foods ~ use your measuirng cups! You've just started and haven't given the chance to work with your band,

Be prepare if you can't lose the weight continuously...some do and some don't. Each person's body 'adjust' according to your own body structure. Some will lose the weight and keep going, like myself, and then BOOM!...you gain or plateau. This is your 'sign', that your body is 'catching' up with what you've done thus far. Once your body 'balances', per se, then you will pick up and move forward again. You've paid good money for this surgery...give it a chance. There is NO way you are going to lose the weight quicker than your body is ready to do so.

In the meantime - set your mindset, keep learning the bandster rules

~ be deligent

~~be determined

~~~be motivated

~~~~always think positive

~~~~~and the most importantly...NEVER, NEVER give up!

You are in for an amazing ride kiddo! Thank the time to reflect on what you've done already. Reward yourself when you reached one of your small reachable goals. YOU CAN DO THIS!

I BELIEVE IN YOU! Jazzy!!

STOP RIGHT NOW with the negative feelings! If you think you can't succeed, you're right, you won't! Sweetheart...as Lisa said, you're in 'Bandster Hell' and this is all so normal. As all have said, stay focus and continue to measure your foods ~ use your measuirng cups! You've just started and haven't given the chance to work with your band,

Be prepare if you can't lose the weight continuously...some do and some don't. Each person's body 'adjust' according to your own body structure. Some will lose the weight and keep going, like myself, and then BOOM!...you gain or plateau. This is your 'sign', that your body is 'catching' up with what you've done thus far. Once your body 'balances', per se, then you will pick up and move forward again. You've paid good money for this surgery...give it a chance. There is NO way you are going to lose the weight quicker than your body is ready to do so.

In the meantime - set your mindset, keep learning the bandster rules

~ be deligent

~~be determined

~~~be motivated

~~~~always think positive

~~~~~and the most importantly...NEVER, NEVER give up!

You are in for an amazing ride kiddo! Thank the time to reflect on what you've done already. Reward yourself when you reached one of your small reachable goals. YOU CAN DO THIS!

I BELIEVE IN YOU! Jazzy!!

Well said Jude. I just noticed that you are 3 days away from your one year anniversary! You have done so well and you are such a motivating person. I appreciate you so much. Have a great one year band day.

dawn

Red,

I think everyone who has gotten their band has had to deal with those feelings of being afraid that they will "fail at this one too" because all previous "diets" have failed us. It takes a little while to get to the point where you trust yourself and that you will succeed. Just keep trusting the process and telling yourself that you will succeed and you will. I am coming up to my one year anniversary with the band on Sept. 1. and I have learned many things but the biggest thing that I have learned is that this band forces you to face those difficult emotional stressors and feelings that come with food and why we use it as a crutch. I have gone from needing food to help self medicate whatever emotion was going on at the time to now dealing with the actual emotions and finding healthier ways to make myself feel better. It's a process and as you go along you will figure out what to do and how to do it that works for you.

Happy weight loss!

dawns

Red,

Everyone one is correct, you are in bandster hell. It took me two fills, went for my second fill two weeks after my first fill, to feel restriction. Try not to get to discouraged, this is the process that most of us face. The stress of it will drive you crazy! I wanted to post this for you. I know things are easier said than done, but this is your "roadside assistance" from me for the day! ;) This was a post that I posted a WHILE back. I was VERY frustrated with everything.......

I had lunch with a friend of mine that was banded two years ago and is a size 4 now. I have been getting so frustrated, today is 4months for me! I have decided I HATE SCALES. I was weighing everyday, then twice a week and then once a week. My friend told me to stop EVERYTHING that I was doing and to live, just live life. She told me that I have now went from being obessed with food, to know being obessed with scales, protein, fiber, weights, walking, everthing I do or say is about this band which will cause so much stress and depression. She could have not been so correct. I think I thought ok, I have the band, the weight is going to fall off, wow was I WRONG! The more I was wrong the more obessed with doing everthing correct the more discouraged I was getting because I was doing everthing correct and the weight was still not falling off. I hope that makes since, feel like I am rambling. I have decided to live, just live life. Keep eating the correct food with my exercise but just live. This has been for the past week or two. Well guess what. I went for my third fill yesterday and am happy to report I had lost 9 lbs of fat and gained 3 pounds of muscle since my last fill a little over a month ago.

Red, you WILL do Great!

Carrie

Thanks for the words of support everyone. I have to just keep going and do my part. I am eating too much, because I can. I have to think positive and motivate myself. I have to change my old, bad habits. Most of all, I have to give it time. Thanks for the roadside assistance, everyone!

Red