Protein suggestions

finally

OK I need help. What other protein is there that is solid besides meat? I do not like fish. Don't eat red meat. Chicken/Turkey just gets stuck no matter how much I chew it!!! I just can't eat solid breakfast, been having cream of wheat (today I am going to try and mix some protein powder in) I do drink a protein drink (premier fm Costco 30 grams of protein, before I leave for work, drink it room temp-thank you for the suggestions Lisa!) I want to eat solid foods. Also like to eat "basic" stuff don't do packaged foods.

Today I am starting back with a food log (spark people) :rtfm:

SUGGESTIONS?????

D.

• 2 weeks later...

Dairy is also a good source of protein. I do cottage cheese a lot and then just regular cheese sticks or cubes. Ditto on the eggs I love hardboiled eggs. I also so refried beans - beans in general are a great source of protein. I'll put a little salsa in them and sometimes melt some shredded cheese on top - so yummie!!

I googled to find out how much protein is in just the egg white. It came up as 3.6

3.6g/pro =1 large egg.

i wasn't really talking about 'an egg'.

cartons of egg whites from costco (3 cartons, for $7-ish)

190g is 20.7g/pro

220 > 24g/pro

one should aim for around 24g of protein per meal, if you're only eating 3x's a day.

I eat Greek Yogurt...it is fab and has so much protein. I mix in fruit and a little splenda. I get the Fat Free one.

Calories 120

Sodium 85 mg

Total Fat 0 g

Potassium 0 mg

Saturated 0 g

Total Carbs 9 g

Polyunsaturated 0 g

Dietary Fiber 0 g

Monounsaturated 0 g

Sugars 9 g

Trans 0 g

Protein 20 g

Cholesterol 0 mg

Funny you would bring up Greek Yogurt - I was reading about it's values yesterday!

Something else I was checking out is Quinoa.

Anyone eat any Quinoa? My husband family is Japanese and eats rice like a staple. I was searching for a healthy alternative. I am wondering if it is band friendly. Personally I don't miss rice in my diet. For the most part I do not miss breads, rice, pastas at all. Which is strange to me, because I thought I would. :D

Funny you would bring up Greek Yogurt - I was reading about it's values yesterday!

Something else I was checking out is Quinoa.

Anyone eat any Quinoa? My husband family is Japanese and eats rice like a staple. I was searching for a healthy alternative. I am wondering if it is band friendly. Personally I don't miss rice in my diet. For the most part I do not miss breads, rice, pastas at all. Which is strange to me, because I thought I would. :D

I have never tried that...but wow! I just looked up the info on it and it has a ton of protein too! I might have to try it. I wonder how hard it is to find...probably Whole Foods or something?