REGRETS

Bobby

hi i am all done with the lengthy process and now have been approved for getting the lap-band,the only thing i need to do is pick a date for the surgery,my question is does anyone out there have any regrets at all that they had this done?? i guess i am at the very nervous stage right now and just want to make sure this is right for me,i am 270lbs. and want to get to 170,,,,feel free to e-mail me as well at cooperr1234@aol thank you all in advance........Bobby

hi i am all done with the lengthy process and now have been approved for getting the lap-band,the only thing i need to do is pick a date for the surgery,my question is does anyone out there have any regrets at all that they had this done?? i guess i am at the very nervous stage right now and just want to make sure this is right for me,i am 270lbs. and want to get to 170,,,,feel free to e-mail me as well at cooperr1234@aol thank you all in advance........Bobby

Bobby, I can honestly say, for my son and myself we are truly very HAPPY. We are newly banded and have not had a fill, so experiece is limited. BUT, were on solids and if the feeling of being full continues and the band works like it was intended to, this is a JOYOUS TOOL, to help accomplish the weight loss goal and even more so, the constant struggle of trying to keep it off will be a miracle to me. It has been so free-ing just the past few days since being on solids to know, I can still eat and enjoy food, and become literally so stuffed, but satisfied. There is a saying that I've heard or read about "guys in thier prime think about sex every 8 seconds"......I think about weight, food, losing, obssesing, eating, body, guilt, clothes fitting, planning, etc, every 8 seconds. It was a constant thing that drove me nuts!! Hopefully that type of nonsense is gone!! Very Understandable about you being nervous. I was SO nervous I thought my insides were going to break thru my skin and I was going to give myself a heart-attack! I hope with your decision you will have peace. Teri

Bobby,

My only regret is that I didn't do this years sooner. I feel great. I am losing, for the first time in my life, I feel like a normal person, and I have hope that I will look like one too. My risks of dying have reduced dramatically already from obesity related causes. I feel good, I exercise, my family is proud of me. And I am so much healthier. I really regret not being more open minded to surgery several years ago, and carrying so much weight any longer than necessary. I am so happy I did this.

Read my journey if you want...under experiences with band...banded Aug 28.

Good luck, and congradulations on being approved for the surgery, you did better than I. I will be paying for a while, but worth every penny.

Becki

Bobby -

I'd suggest you look at lapbandtalk.com for answers to your questions. You will find a lot of topics posted by people all across the USA who have used various surgeons. The band isn't the answer to a prayer nor is it a magic wand. Some people have great success with the band while others struggle. I never considered failure with the band a possiblility, but I'm not a poster child success story either. Do careful research and explore your relationship with food. Do you use food to self medicate? If so, how are you going to handle your emotions once food isn't something you can turn to for comfort? Have you really explored the traditional weight loss methods or are you looking for a quick fix? These are all valid and very important questions to ask. Not to mention the financial aspect ... can you comfortably afford the surgery and all the aftercare associated with the surgery?

Chelley