So Cal Banders where do you park ?

Hello

Need some info on parking at the Border. Where do you park ?? I notice last mo when I was there was a parking lot by Mc Donalds is that safe.

Any ideas please share.

Thanks

Mickie in Omaha

I get off at the last exit and on the immediate right there is parking. 5 bucks for 2 hours. I think the most I paid was 7. Then I cross the street and walk over. Very very easy.

I actually parked at the mcdonalds for a recent visit. I was gone no more than two hours and a tiny walk. I also got a Iced Coffee when back in the states. Its a very nice McDonalds. I also have parked in the lot right at the exit. I think it was 10 bucks.

How about walking over the border on the way back??

Every post that I read says it takes hours. Is one hour of the day easier like am or pm coming back to the us ?

Mickie in Omaha

Every post that I read says it takes hours. Is one hour of the day easier like am or pm coming back to the us ?

Mickie in Omaha

well I was doing bloodwork for a plastic surgery so it was 9.00 am when I crossed into mexico and 10:30 on my way back. It took no more than 15 min to cross back into the US. 2 days later (after the plastic surgery) was 4:00 pm on a thursday and did take about an hour. I think the earlier you cross the easier before the line backs up...

Mickie in Omaha

I parked on the U.S. side on Tuesday, took a taxi to the OCC, had a fill, got a taxi back to the border and walked straight through. Could not have been easier. If you drive over the border, you have to face very long lines, both ways. But walking across (my appointment was Tuesday at 11:00 and I was done in a half hour and came back over the border about 11:45 or so) was a breeze. There was NO line. I would never drive across because if something happens, most insurance doesn't cover it in Mexico. It is just so easy to park and walk across that it is not worth the money or risk to drive across.

Red

I drive over the border and haven't had any problems. Go straight to OCC and straight back. However, in two weeks I plan to do some shopping so I will park.

A quick note,, make sure you have insurance, contact your auto insurance provider. I know you can buy Mexican auto insurance for your trip across the border. People I know that live in MX and travel back and forth tell me if you don't have insurance and get into any kind of accident,, YOU GO TO JAIL!