Strange symptoms - any suggestions?

Tuesday night I woke up at 1 am with chest pain so bad I thought I was having a heart attack. But, I KNEW it was acid, just never had it so darn painful before. I took 4 tums which did very very little but at least got me back to sleep. Ever since, I have felt like I am burned from my band to the back of my throat. It still hurts and it feels like a severe burn. All the time too, not just occasionally throughout the day. I got liquid malox and OTC pills and tried them and it does help, but only slightly. I am drinking just liquids right now in case I am stretched out.

I know acid reflux can burn your esophogus, but would the pain be constant for 2 days now? I don't even know what it came from. The last thing I ate that night was some raw carrots and a few handfuls of Whole Wheat yogurt/blueberry cereal. The cereal I ate was very crunchy and I didn't eat it with milk, so maybe I damaged my throat or something from it? Just guessing out loud here.

A little nervous because of my sister having her band erode into her stomach and my band is 1 1/2 years old now. I did have a tiny .3 fill 2 weeks ago but wasn't too tight then. Ate less, but could definitely eat. I am not vomitting or anything, and I am sure I could eat of I wanted too, but I am thinking to stay on liquids just in case I am swollen.

So...........I guess I am just wondering if acid could make me feel like this for this long and this constant? I mean, it IS slightly better today, but I can still feel like my throat from the back of my mouth to my band feels burnt. When I drink something warm or cold, it still hurts.

Any thoughts on this from any of you acid sufferers?

Tuesday night I woke up at 1 am with chest pain so bad I thought I was having a heart attack. But, I KNEW it was acid, just never had it so darn painful before. I took 4 tums which did very very little but at least got me back to sleep. Ever since, I have felt like I am burned from my band to the back of my throat. It still hurts and it feels like a severe burn. All the time too, not just occasionally throughout the day. I got liquid malox and OTC pills and tried them and it does help, but only slightly. I am drinking just liquids right now in case I am stretched out.

I know acid reflux can burn your esophogus, but would the pain be constant for 2 days now? I don't even know what it came from. The last thing I ate that night was some raw carrots and a few handfuls of Whole Wheat yogurt/blueberry cereal. The cereal I ate was very crunchy and I didn't eat it with milk, so maybe I damaged my throat or something from it? Just guessing out loud here.

A little nervous because of my sister having her band erode into her stomach and my band is 1 1/2 years old now. I did have a tiny .3 fill 2 weeks ago but wasn't too tight then. Ate less, but could definitely eat. I am not vomitting or anything, and I am sure I could eat of I wanted too, but I am thinking to stay on liquids just in case I am swollen.

So...........I guess I am just wondering if acid could make me feel like this for this long and this constant? I mean, it IS slightly better today, but I can still feel like my throat from the back of my mouth to my band feels burnt. When I drink something warm or cold, it still hurts.

Any thoughts on this from any of you acid sufferers?

I don't know too much about this but when I went in for my last fill Dr. So told me if I ever had acid reflux I would need to go to OCC for a partial unfill right away.

Hi,

Several weeks ago I had to have an unfill of .2cc. I went for over a week with exactly that same kind of pain. I eventually started getting a dry cough that would then trigger vomiting. I went to my doctor, who prescribed a generic prilosec (insurance will cover the prescription). She also does not know anything to do with the lapband, other than that I have one. I ended up having to get an unfill because the pain in my throat was still there and needed to heal. I am now ready to get a fill, but I will continue with the prilosec until my doctor recommends that I go off of it. Good Luck, I think it probably is acid reflux by the sounds of it, but you may want to get it checked out.

Anne

I had this once - I was traveling out of the Country and it was horrible. It did go away on its own; I think I just had some really bad heartburn. I was lucky - by the time I got home I was fine - I was going to go in - but didn't. And I've never had it again.

I do recommend going in - the only reason I didn't was because I was traveling and I was lucky. You just never know. I had a friend that had really bad heartburn and burned a hole in her throat - she could have died - so we need to be careful.

Take care and I'm thinking of you!

Lisa

Mona

Mylanta is your quick little ho-down friend. I keep it around for those moments which are not that often, but when they happen it feels like a life saver!