I had my surgery yesterday!

Hi All,

Before my surgery I learned so much from everyone's posting so I wanted let everyone know how my surgery went yesterday! I am so glad that it is over. The trip was great, just as promised by the coordinator. We were picked up at the airport on time no problems and then taken to the facility to have some tests done. That only took a few minutes and the facility is beautiful and clean. Everyone on the staff is wonderful and will do everything they can to make sure that you are comfortable.

On the day of the surgery there were 5 of us there together, some with their spouses and others alone. The surgery was so easy, I can't believe I wasted so much time worrying about it. All of us were done by 4 pm after that we all went back to our hotel, we didn't even have to stay the night at the facility. When I woke up after the surgery I didn't even realize what had happened, I didn't have any pain and thought maybe I awakened before they were able to do the surgery! I was up and walking a half hour later with very little discomfort, although later in the evening I was a bit tender but nothing terrible.

I had my husband come on the trip with me because I was afraid but after going through the experience I would have had him stay home. After I went to the facility for the first time I was at ease, I had him stay at the hotel the day of my surgery because I didn't want him to be bored to tears waiting for me all day. I would have been fine doing the trip alone.

I will keep everyone one posted along the way about my journey with having my band! Thanks to all of the people who have posted in the past making my decision to do this an easy one.

:P