NSV

dawns

Wanted to share my NSV. I have been a little discouraged since I have been struggling with the same 3 pounds for about the last 3 weeks. My daughters and I decided we would go to Kansas City and go shopping one day just for the heck of it (that's a big deal for us since it is 2 hours away). I had decided that I wasn't going to buy anything because I was sure that I would not fit into a smaller size, but I went into one of my favorite stores and tried on size 16 pants and size 14/16 tops and everything fit and looked really nice. One of the things that I ended up buying was a really cute skirt. I haven't worn a skirt in forever, let alone a size 16. Then it took me a week and half to get up the courage to wear it to work. When I finally did everyone kept saying how nice I looked. I think that one of the hardest things for me during this whole process has been getting comfortable with my smaller body and wearing fitted clothes and not covering it up with baggy clothes like I used to.

It has been a year now since I was banded and I think back to this time last year when I was newly banded and 50 pounds heavier. I never would have lost that 50 pounds had I not gotten the band. I love my band. We fight occasionally but usually my band wins!

Thanks for letting me share

dawn

Dawn!

That is an AWESOME victory. It is so very exciting when you try something on and your mind is telling you NO way and hmmm...YEAH WAY!!! When I hit size 14 I took a picture of the tag and sent the pic out to my friends and family through text....most of them sent back and said...what does this mean...lol

As far as the bigger clothes ..I am the same way, still catch myself sometimes going to the plus size section. My friend that had the band that is now a size 4, says she still has the "big girl" mind as she calls it....

Keep up the GREAT work and again Congrats!

Carrie

The good news is....there are SO many more places to shop now that you're out of plus sizes. The BAD news is there are so many more palces to shop now that you're out of plus-sizes, lol! I'm wearing out my credit card....and enjoying every minute of it!

Sabrina:)

ps- I still feel strange in skirts too....like I'm too fat for them, but really my legs are probably the skinniest part of me. I guess we need to keep practicing and we'll get our confidence up.

skirts / dresses were hard for me at first too. I always felt like a lumberjack in them. At 180 lbs I still have to tell myself I am not as big as I was. The other day I bought 3 inch heels and wore them. I was so afraid people would think I was "trying" but I ended up feeling really sexy and pretty. I wear a lot of wrap dresses now and heels are starting to be a friend again. In fact, a girl I work with the other day said, "those don't look like shoes you normally wear". I laughed because when I was so big I wore old lady shoes and I am in my 30's. When you are pushing 270 lbs your feet hurt in tennis shoes! ;)

Keep up the great work and have fun shopping. I still don't shop in stores much - too much anxiety; however I have been buying a ton of stuff on Eddie Bauer. Their petite pants fit like a dream on me and I love their jeans!

Work that skirt girl that is awesome!!! I totally understand I still find myself going for the wrong size clothes thinking they will fit. Since my friends were in town this weekend I took the time to do some clothing inventory and got all the clothes out of my closet that don't fit and gave them to my friend. That way i'm not trying to wear things that don't fit anymore.

I agree the need for new clothes is fun, but expensive!!! :huh: