leaving on vacation

Hi everyone,

I'm getting ready to leave on a cruise, will be on the ship for 14 days and im scared about all the food

Has anyone went on a cruise after being banded? if so how did you handle the food? I need to focuse on have fun not eating but there is food everywhere you go on the ship

Any help would be great

Thanks Janet

Hi everyone,

I'm getting ready to leave on a cruise, will be on the ship for 14 days and im scared about all the food

Has anyone went on a cruise after being banded? if so how did you handle the food? I need to focuse on have fun not eating but there is food everywhere you go on the ship

Any help would be great

Thanks Janet

I'll be doing a cruise next week too. I don't think it will be any different than being at home. My band will control the amount of food I'll be able to eat. Yes,, there's going to be a big selection of food, but I'll have to be selective myself and choose wisely.

I was banded on July 31st and went on a cruise on Sept 12th for 10 days. I waited on my 1st fill until after I returned. I was feeling little to no restriction so I ate what I wanted but tried to keep the portions within reason. Still, I overrate and had dessert almost every night. I gained 4 lbs which came off within 2 days of being home.

I leave for Vegas next Thurs - AKA buffet central!!! :o

My plans are to take snacks w/ me and to just follow the rules - proteins first, then veggies then carbs. It will be a royal waste of food and my money since the buffets cost like $20, but that is pretty much how my life works now anyway so i'm used to it. I'm also gonna try to work in pool or other types of work out time while i'm there and I figure we will be doing a lot of walking. I just have to watch my alcohol content since it's free booze while you gamble - yikes!

Have fun!!!