I threw up....

I just threw up. Not PB’d but the full deal. My stomach rolled and my brussel sprouts and tine bits of turkey reappeared. I actually had 3 stomach rolling episodes. Now I am concerned. Normally if I have an “operator error” I PB, at which time I lean over, open my mouth and a glob of slim reappears with food particles. That is what it is like for me when I PB. This was not a like that at all, I had 3 full heaves. I apologize for being graphic here. What strikes me as odd is the full meal did not come up.

My lunch was a turkey burger patty. I had eaten ¼ of the patty. I prepared 5 brussel sprouts and had consumed 2 at most. While eating I was listening to my body, and before this episode, I had stopped eating. Put the remaining lunch I had left in a container.

I plan to have liquids the rest of the day. My stomach does not feel sore. I don’t feel the full satisfied feeling either….guess I am baffled as to why I tossed my cookies.

TMI – since I eat lunch as my desk I tossed the cookies in a water bottle. Because I am a gross person, I looked the contents over good. Bits! Small tiny bits I tell you! I don’t understand it?

It’s not like I was chewing away and swallowed prematurely. Anyone have this sort of episode happen to them?

On a side note, I am ill with a sinus cold or virus. Could this have anything to do with it?

Hey Girl.

This has happened to me just like you described it, big blob of Slim with food particles in it. This has happened to me a couple of times and it is usually when I got stuck REALLY bad. Most of the time I have that ok, I am done and I stop feeling. However if I do start to slim REALLY bad, I am going to have this happen. Also dont be suprised if your throat dont start feeling sore, mine does when this happens. Everyone is so different....

Carrie

I had a seasoned bandster reply to me on this subject. She told me that in her opinion I had actually PB'd. Unless if stomach acid or vomit comes up, it is a PB.

Well, this is good to know, but let me tell you....it felt much different than what I think of as a typical PB episode.

I keep learning new things all the time.

Something else that came as a suprise to me, this morning my stomach or stoma not sure which one for sure was hurting. Not terrible or anything just a dull - I am here...notice me hurt.

So I decided to keep up the liquids. Soup for lunch....then I had a 1/2 of a cookie. Feels okay, but I think I will baby the tummy today. Don't want to risk an upset.

On an up note. Took an antibodic last night and this morning for sinus pressure. I am feeling much better already. THANK GOD! Let's hope it was post nasual drip that caused me to toss the cookies. Ugh!

if you have a cold or allergies your mucous is thicker and will "clog" up your band, I know sometimes I just can't eat very much when my allergies are in full swing.

Good idea to stay on liquids today, take something to thin your mucous when you get home (Benadryl works great but can make you sleepy) and see how you are doing tomorrow.

You probably just had a bigger PB episode because of the mucous... but if you continue to have problems or feel more restriction than normal, call one of our after care doctors at 1-866-376-7849 ext. 5

if you have a cold or allergies your mucous is thicker and will "clog" up your band, I know sometimes I just can't eat very much when my allergies are in full swing.

Good idea to stay on liquids today, take something to thin your mucous when you get home (Benadryl works great but can make you sleepy) and see how you are doing tomorrow.

You probably just had a bigger PB episode because of the mucous... but if you continue to have problems or feel more restriction than normal, call one of our after care doctors at 1-866-376-7849 ext. 5

Thanks Lori - it is comforting to know that we can call anytime. Today I have had no issues and feel like I am getting better. It didn't dawn on me that sinus issues would have such an affect. (Although it makes sense.)

A gal suggested to me to drink warm/hot water, tea, coffee shortly before a meal as well to help clear any build up. I think I will use that idea as well tomorrow. Going to try to eat solid protein and see how it goes.

Ugh! I had a sinus infection recently and had this happen! Good to know it is common. TMI but it really did fee like I had a blob of mucus just sitting on top of my band. Was nasty! Thanks for chiming in it's good to know that others have the same thing.

I've been there. In fact, when I PB, that's usually what happens. No or very little stomach acid, because it's not from your lower stomach, but lots of food chunks / small pieces, etc. It's like once that stuck bit comes out, the rest has to follow it like a frickin lemming!

It's not fun, and I try to avoid episodes, obviously, but it seems like whenever we have a family meal (rare), I get so focused on things other than what I'm putting in my mouth, that I either don't chew enough or eat too fast or both, and the next thing I know.... ewww.

I've been there. In fact, when I PB, that's usually what happens. No or very little stomach acid, because it's not from your lower stomach, but lots of food chunks / small pieces, etc. It's like once that stuck bit comes out, the rest has to follow it like a frickin lemming!

It's not fun, and I try to avoid episodes, obviously, but it seems like whenever we have a family meal (rare), I get so focused on things other than what I'm putting in my mouth, that I either don't chew enough or eat too fast or both, and the next thing I know.... ewww.

Yikes! I am the same way. I have to pay close attention when I go out with friends or family. Seems I get relaxed and start blabbing away and next thing you know I swallow to soon.....ugh!

All I can say is I am glad that when I do PB it is mild compaired to the good ol' heave hoe! I am lucky I guess.

I don't think you always PB up the offending piece(s) of food. Sometimes the movement of the stomach during the PB of the most recently swallowed stuff is enough to dislodge the offending piece(s) and move it/them into a better position to allow it/them to go thru.

I just threw up. Not PB’d but the full deal. My stomach rolled and my brussel sprouts and tine bits of turkey reappeared. I actually had 3 stomach rolling episodes. Now I am concerned. Normally if I have an “operator error” I PB, at which time I lean over, open my mouth and a glob of slim reappears with food particles. That is what it is like for me when I PB. This was not a like that at all, I had 3 full heaves. I apologize for being graphic here. What strikes me as odd is the full meal did not come up.

My lunch was a turkey burger patty. I had eaten ¼ of the patty. I prepared 5 brussel sprouts and had consumed 2 at most. While eating I was listening to my body, and before this episode, I had stopped eating. Put the remaining lunch I had left in a container.

I plan to have liquids the rest of the day. My stomach does not feel sore. I don’t feel the full satisfied feeling either….guess I am baffled as to why I tossed my cookies.

TMI – since I eat lunch as my desk I tossed the cookies in a water bottle. Because I am a gross person, I looked the contents over good. Bits! Small tiny bits I tell you! I don’t understand it?

It’s not like I was chewing away and swallowed prematurely. Anyone have this sort of episode happen to them?

On a side note, I am ill with a sinus cold or virus. Could this have anything to do with it?

I don't have answers, but I can relate. I had a .5 unfill last week which really made all the difference in terms of my being able to eat and drink without pain, but I can't eat meat for some reason. Every time I try, the pain comes back. And last night I ate half of a pork chop and boom, I started getting the pain, and then sliming and threw it all up. It was horrible. My throat still aches this morning. I am going to do liquids today and maybe tomorrow. And from now on, I think I am going to stick to fish. It just isn't worth it to me to eat meat, although I love it. The good side is that I'm down 21 pounds. I'm so happy!

Red