Thanks and I'm Back!

Thank you to everyone who responded to my question about protein. I posted the question on the 4th of Oct. and then left town on the 5th. I was able to read everyone's posts but I couldn't post any of my own because I couldn't remember my password and being on a different wireless network my own computer didn't recognize me.

After 2 weeks, 9 states and 2500 miles I am back at home. The morning I left I had lost 85 pounds and even though I ate my way thru these 9 states, I am pleased to say that I only gained 2.5 lbs. while I was gone and those can easily be taken off in the next week or so with exercise and water, both of which I was horrible about while I was gone. I got to see a lot of my old friends and co-workers, but every meeting involved restaurant food, so I don't think 2.5 lbs. is too bad. A couple of years ago I would have gained 10 lbs. or more on a trip like this.

A lot of the people I reconnected with didn't know I had lost weight and every last one of them looked me in the face, said hi and then allowed their eyes to travel from my head to my toes, usually with a confused look on their face. :-? Even the ones who knew I had lost the weight and had periodically seen pictures along the way were kind of shocked when they saw me in person. I love the new me! =D>

:lb5: Smiley,

Isn't it such a great feeling to shock people with the hard work you have done to create the new you.

I went to Philadelphia from Oct 6th-13th and my husband had seen me at my 50 pounds loss and was shocked and then seeing me at 77 pounds loss, he was shocked and really happy. When you tell people you have lost weight it doesn't have the same impact as actually seeing it.

My best friend & Sister-in-law last saw me in August too and was also in shock by the weight loss as well. She kept having me do spins to check me out. It was cute and really funny.

I spent the majority of the 7 days eating out and I was able to stay the same weight as when I left, but I am sure it was because we walked everywhere for sightseeing and I kept my husband on his toes by wanting to walk everywhere.. :P

By the way, You look Fabulous! :lb24:

Hugs,

Kristi

Thank you to everyone who responded to my question about protein. I posted the question on the 4th of Oct. and then left town on the 5th. I was able to read everyone's posts but I couldn't post any of my own because I couldn't remember my password and being on a different wireless network my own computer didn't recognize me.

After 2 weeks, 9 states and 2500 miles I am back at home. The morning I left I had lost 85 pounds and even though I ate my way thru these 9 states, I am pleased to say that I only gained 2.5 lbs. while I was gone and those can easily be taken off in the next week or so with exercise and water, both of which I was horrible about while I was gone. I got to see a lot of my old friends and co-workers, but every meeting involved restaurant food, so I don't think 2.5 lbs. is too bad. A couple of years ago I would have gained 10 lbs. or more on a trip like this.

A lot of the people I reconnected with didn't know I had lost weight and every last one of them looked me in the face, said hi and then allowed their eyes to travel from my head to my toes, usually with a confused look on their face. :-? Even the ones who knew I had lost the weight and had periodically seen pictures along the way were kind of shocked when they saw me in person. I love the new me! =D>

FEELS GOOD DON'T IT? =D>

Thanks Kristi and Pammie! It does feel great and what felt just as good is when I got on the scale and discovered I was only up 1 pound from where I was two weeks ago when I left. I would say this is more accurate than last nights estimate of 2.5 pounds as I was weighing at the same time and in the same manner :D I did two weeks ago. If only a certain someone had been there to see me because I would have loved for him to have seen me. Even though another friend was there that will absolutely tell him, it just isn't the same. Guess that is what I get for wanting to be a little show off.

Thanks Kristi and Pammie! It does feel great and what felt just as good is when I got on the scale and discovered I was only up 1 pound from where I was two weeks ago when I left. I would say this is more accurate than last nights estimate of 2.5 pounds as I was weighing at the same time and in the same manner :D I did two weeks ago. If only a certain someone had been there to see me because I would have loved for him to have seen me. Even though another friend was there that will absolutely tell him, it just isn't the same. Guess that is what I get for wanting to be a little show off.

Great job on your loss, Smiley (and also on the very negligible gain over your trip) - I know exactly what you mean about having that certain someone that you wouldn't mind seeing the "new you" - I think lots of us have one of those! :) lol

Great job!!!! Sounds like you had a great time and I agree you will have that off in no time!!! I just got back from Vegas and somehow stayed the same so i'll take that!!!

Enjoy that feeling that is great!!!