Anyone Have This Problem?

Hello,

I have 7cc on an 11cc band. I've had great restriction since my last fill a month ago and have been progressing well. This past Monday while I was eating lunch I started sliming and vomited. I had only eaten less than 1/4 of my sandwich and I chewed and chewed but it just wouldn't stay down. Since then I have lost all my restriction and I feel REALLY HUNGRY all the time. I don't have any pain or other symptoms, but I know there's something wrong. I'm going to make an appointment for next week to get my band checked, but I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen and what the outcome was.

I have been struggling with my weight loss until my last fill and now I'm so upset thinking that I might have damaged something.

Hello,

I have 7cc on an 11cc band. I've had great restriction since my last fill a month ago and have been progressing well. This past Monday while I was eating lunch I started sliming and vomited. I had only eaten less than 1/4 of my sandwich and I chewed and chewed but it just wouldn't stay down. Since then I have lost all my restriction and I feel REALLY HUNGRY all the time. I don't have any pain or other symptoms, but I know there's something wrong. I'm going to make an appointment for next week to get my band checked, but I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen and what the outcome was.

I have been struggling with my weight loss until my last fill and now I'm so upset thinking that I might have damaged something.

MAYBE IT'S TIME FOR ANOTHER FILL, SOME STICK FOR AWHILE SOME DOESN'T

STRESS, PERIOD STARTING, THESE ALL CAN BE FACTORS ON RESTRICTION

GIVE IT A LITTLE TIME HERE AND SEE HOW THINGS PLAY OUT

I recently had the opposite but with curious results as well. This summer, 3 weeks after a "good fill", I vomitted while eating a stirfry dish. This caused irritaion leaving me so swollen I couldn't even drink water. After 2 weeks of struggling to stay hydrated, I went for a slight unfill... at my earlier fill (with someone different) they'd said I now had 2.2cc in a 4cc band (they didn't take it all out and measure though-they just did the math). When this surgeon pulled out my fluid to do an unfill he found I only had 2.0 in and removed .2cc to allow some relief.

Here I am 3 months later. Having been able to eat a horse daily for the past 2 months, I went to see this man again. After he finally figured he was actually in my port (he'd been unable to draw anything out...) we found I had nothing at all!!! He did say the system can sweat and lose fluids but denies ever seeing actual puncture of the tubing before. I realized they could lose but that much on such a short time???

Bottom line is, if ever in doubt go in and get it checked to see how much you have. Even waiting a bit can result in weight gain causing pyschological and emotional stress. Theses are expensive pieces of equipment we've paid for and they do require tweaking and fine tuning to work. I know it costs but after losing 95 lbs already I can tell you it's all so worth it!

I would definitely get this checked out as soon as possible. To me, it doesnt sound like slippage, but you never do know until you go get everything checked out by the Dr. I think if the band has slipped, you wouldn't be hungry you would actually feel very full even from drinking water, and you would generally even throw up water/other liquids. I would definitely go get things looked at by your Dr. Good luck and I hope you get this issue resolved.