Nip Tuck

I been reading the posts and absorbing everyone’s experience with the band, struggles and successes, goals and dreams, and I cannot help but wonder about one thing that almost no one mentions: the effect of the weight loss on the body. I have read about long journeys and short journeys in reaching the weight goal one set for oneself and the writers have been very young, young, and not so-young and I wonder who fared best. We all know that are two constants on this journey from the esthetic point of view, boobs will go south and skin will sag, degree dictated by genetics (mostly). The question remains: how bad is it? Would it be realistic to start saving for plastic surgery? I know, I know – most of us started this “trek’ for health reasons but after that goal is achieved, one cannot help but want to be “hot” as well. So, what is the reality of loosing 100 lb or more?

Plastic surgery seems pretty popular on this board, most who have lost 80 pounds plus seem to be getting tummy tucks and breast lifts. I would in a heart beat too, but hubby thinks it's totally vain and doesn't want us spending our family money on it....especially since we have some debt to take care of first. Please don't hate on him, I am bad with money and very impulsive and if it wasn't for him I would have been bankrupt ten times over, lol!

Plus, as much as I hate to admit it, he is right. I want to do it for no other reason than it will make me LOOK better. I FEEL great, but I'd like to look hot too, haha! My boobs are no saggier than they were (and they were a bit saggy), my arms look pretty good, but my tummy now has two rolls (including an apron on the bottom roll) and my inner thighs are starting to have loose, unsightly skin hanging at the top- it looks like the bat wings some people get on their arms but it's on the top of my legs. The only time you can see it is in a bathing suit.

If you can afford it, I say do it! I know I plan to one of these days, I'll just have to wait a few years longer than I'd like to.

Sabrina:)

I been reading the posts and absorbing everyone’s experience with the band, struggles and successes, goals and dreams, and I cannot help but wonder about one thing that almost no one mentions: the effect of the weight loss on the body. I have read about long journeys and short journeys in reaching the weight goal one set for oneself and the writers have been very young, young, and not so-young and I wonder who fared best. We all know that are two constants on this journey from the esthetic point of view, boobs will go south and skin will sag, degree dictated by genetics (mostly). The question remains: how bad is it? Would it be realistic to start saving for plastic surgery? I know, I know – most of us started this “trek’ for health reasons but after that goal is achieved, one cannot help but want to be “hot” as well. So, what is the reality of loosing 100 lb or more?

GETTING A TT IS REALLY AN ADDED BONUS I'D SAVE FOR AGAIN AND AGAIN...

My TT and Arm Lift made all of the difference for me. Even after losing 70 pounds I still felt like I looked the same because I had the same rolls in the same places, they were just smaller. I had wanted my arms done for many years and even though the scar is long, I am more comfortable with it than I was with the loose skin that swung in the breeze. After the TT the change in my body was extremely visible to me and everyone else, especially the friends I have seen over the past two weeks that had no clue I had even lost weight.

It will probably be at least another year, but I am already anticipating my inner thigh lift and breast reduction. My boobs have always been southern bells and have never been interested in the northern territories, but from what I understand a lift is part of the reduction and I cannot wait.

If you have the ability to start saving for plastic surgery now I would absolutely do it. Even if you decide later you don't need the plastic surgery you already have a fund set aside to take a nice vacation or something like that.